PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else lost interest if Brady's done for year?

• Thread starter ManningOverratedHick
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that all the bandwagoneers abandon this site so that Patriots fans can discuss football rather than inanities about Culpepper ad nauseum. Me, I'm dissapointed that Tom is injured and appreciate the blessing that wee've had watching a HOF QB on this team. But any Pats fan from before the 21st Century knows that the franchise itself is worth watching. I root for all the Pats players, did so before Brady and will do so afterwards. My season's expectations will be different but my rooting interest won't change.
Agreed...I frankly have seen 'spoiled' and 'bandwaoners' galore..Having been a fan since their inception, I have seen the REALLY low points..Could not agree more...

Well, I haven't lost interest at all. If anything, it's become more interesting. I'm excited to see how the team and the coaching staff respond to the challenge. I like Brady but I always learn something from a Belichick team.

Btw, it's all right if you say I'm not a die-hard, because a die-hard would watch every snap with excitement even if Rex Grossman was the quarterback, but I'm a fan of greatness. I can only imagine what it was like to watch Larry Bird play in his prime. We went 9-7 in 2002 and I still watched and rooted for them. I just like watching Brady play. Since the last Super Bowl win, this team has turned into the post-2001 Yankees. Like Jeter always says, "This isn't the same team." And this is what it would be like if the Yankees lost Jeter, and I hate the Yankees, but I can imagine how Yankee fans would feel. It's bad enough you aren't winning championships, then the key component to a potential championship goes down.

Your just not a die-hard football fan that's all. There is nothing wrong with that. There are so many moss and brady jersey tooters out there that are the same and will lose interest this year. The funny thing is you guys haven't even lost a game yet and some of you are packing it in.

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

Good bye and good riddance! I'll continue to watch the pats with great interest every sunday thank you very much

we were just too used to seeing brady throw TD's with ease & blowin teams out..yea ill admit that was extremely fun to watch but im excited to see what they can do without him..we prob. wont see many blowouts but games will be fought harder..one thing im worried about though is that the players wont feel as motivated with a QB other then brady..im also mad that we waited 7 months to see brady play 5 minutes but i guess sh*t happens..

Your just not a die-hard football fan that's all. There is nothing wrong with that. There are so many moss and brady jersey tooters out there that are the same and will lose interest this year. The funny thing is you guys haven't even lost a game yet and some of you are packing it in.

hey I wear a Moss Jersey and I aint giving up. I know what you mean though its a pink hat thing; not the color but the attitude that drives people nuts.

Last edited:
No way. I am excited to see how this team responds to this challenge. If they are the team we all think they are they're going to rise to the challenge, play great D, have a punishing running game, and be a factor come playoff time. Who gives up on their "favorite" team because the QB goes down?

Don't forget Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and the playoff version of Peyton Manning all won Superbowls, and Rex Grossman played in one. I don't see why the Pats can't pull together and make it happen as well. Of course this is from the same guy who thought the **** MacPherson era was going to be a smashing success.

Nope. Obviously some excitement is gone and there's a whole new perspective but certainly not a lack of interest.

New perspective is a great way to put it. I enjoy investing myself in the New England Patriots. I'm bitterly disappointed to have to see this happen to a great player in his prime, but it doesn't change my desire to enjoy Patriots football.

WTF!!!
I've been a Pats fan too long and will continue to be a die-hard Pats fan even if Brady's lost for any length of time. Further, I'll continue to be devout Pats fan when Brady and BB both retire.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Btw, it's all right if you say I'm not a die-hard, because a die-hard would watch every snap with excitement even if Rex Grossman was the quarterback, but I'm a fan of greatness. I can only imagine what it was like to watch Larry Bird play in his prime. We went 9-7 in 2002 and I still watched and rooted for them. I just like watching Brady play. Since the last Super Bowl win, this team has turned into the post-2001 Yankees. Like Jeter always says, "This isn't the same team." And this is what it would be like if the Yankees lost Jeter, and I hate the Yankees, but I can imagine how Yankee fans would feel. It's bad enough you aren't winning championships, then the key component to a potential championship goes down.

I'm a fan of greatness too so why don't you report to us when your "greatness" is worth reading. Until then, take your own advice and spare us your diatribe.

Ugh. All I have to say if people punch out if Brady's done for the season is GOOD. Beat it you bandwagon jerk-offs.

If Brady is out for the year and someone like Daunte Culpepper circa 2004 doesn't replace him, you can bet the house on at least one loss to the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins a piece, sure losses to Indy, Denver and one of San Diego/Pittsburgh, and one other miscellaneous loss, so you're looking at a 9-7 season, Jets take the division if Favre stays healthy, and a first round wildcard game to the 3rd seed.

dude, you gotta be freaking kidding me. You aren't a patriots fan, you are a fan of winning..thats it...

no one knows what will happen from here on out this season...but that is what will keep me watching and rooting for the Patriots...losing is part of the game...if it happens, it happens and it won't make me any less of a fan..

damn man..you are giving us all a bad name!! Do you realize your post has been cross posted on like 3 jets boards already?

I'm here to stay. The Pats are my AFC team and I fully support the team. :rocker:

I love to watch brady play hes one of those holy s*%t did you see that play players. sad to see him hurt but my true love is for the pats organization as a whole and i think after being spoiled for so long this struggling season is gonna keep me on the edge of my seat with excitement. Hope he makes a sppedy recovery but untill then.BRING IT ON

Very easy one to answer: NO! If anything the season now holds more interest for me. A BB coached team will never rely on a single player for success. It hasn't in the past, and it won't now.

You know what this is with Brady getting hurt? Karama. All the video tapping and running up the score on teams caught up and karma delivered a big blow. With Favre with the Jets and Buffalo looking good; it will be tough just making the playoffs no matter who steps in at QB.

You know what this is with Brady getting hurt? Karama. All the video tapping and running up the score on teams caught up and karma delivered a big blow. With Favre with the Jets and Buffalo looking good; it will be tough just making the playoffs no matter who steps in at QB.

Original! Quite the douchebag are you, hmm yes.

Belichick hasn't won a thing as head coach without Brady, just like Phil Jackson hasn't won without MJ or Shaq. But it isn't even about the championships. I just like watching greatness. This is like when Pedro went out for the year in 2001, right after winning back to back Cy Young Awards. If Brady was playing his 15th season and regressing, that'd be one thing, but am I the only one who notices that he's missing a year of his prime over some bone-head (albeit unintentional) play by some no-name on the Chiefs?

Last edited by a moderator:
StarWarsGeek said:

No, karma would be if that lightsaber from your Yoda figurine would impale you in the ass when you go to bed tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back