PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone else lost interest if Brady's done for year?

• Thread starter ManningOverratedHick
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ManningOverratedHick

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

No matter how you want to spin it or what you've done in the past, there's only 1 word for this: bandwagoner...

Not me, but I sure hope some will. This forum crawling along was getting annoying, hehe.

BTW, would you also be annoyed to watch Cassel limp to a 12-4 season?

Last edited:
Go Pats!!!! Now more than ever!!!!

Not one scintilla of interest lost here. If you see it differently, there are other things to do on Sundays or Mondays . . . .

Again its just disheartning, and our expectations have been lowered.. But there were no expectations in 90's so , its been a while for us long timers..

Nope. Obviously some excitement is gone and there's a whole new perspective but certainly not a lack of interest.

Nope. Obviously some excitement is gone and there's a whole new perspective but certainly not a lack of interest.

This is 2001 over again, but Im not expecting a championship, which would make that all that sweet.. :banned:

If Brady is out for the year and someone like Daunte Culpepper circa 2004 doesn't replace him, you can bet the house on at least one loss to the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins a piece, sure losses to Indy, Denver and one of San Diego/Pittsburgh, and one other miscellaneous loss, so you're looking at a 9-7 season, Jets take the division if Favre stays healthy, and a first round wildcard game to the 3rd seed.

No, I root for the laundry.

Knowing I won't be pulling out gray hairs at the end of the season is a load off my shoulders though. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'll watch the games, but we've taken for granted that we have the Joe Montana of the 21st century quarterbacking our team. I don't want to see Chris Simms, Tim Rattay, or Matt Cassel limp their way to a 8-8, 9-7 season and a first round loss on wildcard weekend. It's like going out with Oprah after dating Rachel Weisz. We've been spoiled, but as much as I dislike Peyton and the Colts, I wouldn't want to beat the Colts without Manning playing. Unless Drew Brees, Big Ben, or Brett Favre suddenly become available, we aren't going to beat Indy, San Diego, or even the Jets. And we couldn't beat the Broncos even with Brady.

For those who don't call me a true fan, I watched every snap of the 1-15 season. I'm just like the rest of you, lucky and spoiled enough to see a top 5 of all-time quarterback play his position in a way no one in his time has or will for a while to come.

is that so? im sorry...but which QB beat SD today? which one beat Indy?

and which one ALMOST beat the Jets?

yea...thats what i thought

Oh my heavens, everyone off! How do you possibly call yourself a fan? First game of the year! What a joke!

Nope. I can't wait to see what cassel can do with the oppertunity. We still have a great team, guys.

I'm pissed, but I think we can still compete. I won't interest until we are eliminated from contention

Get the hell out of here then if you have truly lost interest. I will never lose interest in this team. I will be there and here every Sunday pulling for this team. One thing will be sure: my fandom for this team will be stronger in 2009 than it has been since 2001.

i didn't even read your whole post but i know what you are saying. and i think it sucks.

are you a fan of the pats?

or do you just like it when they win?

im honestly psyched to see what happens this season

Last edited:
No way JOSE!!!!!!Let wait and see how the season progress....I will never lose the faith.....As long with have a good D,S/T,O/L,W/R and of course a good run game...Dont forget the best Coach/GM of all football!!!

No but I'm not expecting much. I guess instead of going into games knowing we will win now I'm going to go into them praying to god we don't get beat like we stole something and at least win the division, cause I couldn't stand it if the Jets won.

We're all spoiled, it's just that some of us already knew that. You're nothing like me as a fan though. I didn't let success turn me into a frontrunner. They never had to do another thing for me after 2001, that they did was just gravey. By your own admission you have become one. I root for the laundry and ALL the guys who wear it come what may. They've at least earned that for all they have accomplished over the last several seasons.

How many games in the past 7 years have the Pats squeaked by because of number 12? Sure, we had the nasty defense in 03 and 04, but Brady made plays and throws that no other quarterback could make. Brady was the x-factor. Everyone here minus a few have pointed out that we had an advantage over most other, if not all teams, just having Brady on the field and his ability to make the unthinkable throw. Cassel could be decent, but that's all he'll be. Even if he exceeds expectations, he's not even at Brees/Big Ben/Favre/Peyton level, which is what would be needed, and even then, we're looking at 2 of the biggest postseason chokers of all time in Favre and Peyton. Unless someone makes a flux-capacitor and we kidnap Montana circa 88, it's not the same. It's like drinking Bud Light after having Bass Ale for years.

Looks like another one fell off the bandwagon :D

Look Junior, I made it through Hugh Millen and Tommy Hodson for a season. I think I'll manage a season with Cassel. Besides, there 1 or 2 other guys that know how to play left on the team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey