PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else Have a Good Feeling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ravens fan here. Don't worry, I'm not going to talk a bunch of bs, you guys have a great team like you have pretty much every year. Having said that, I think the game this coming Sunday is going to be a battle all of the way.

The Pats have been perennial winners over the past decade. Tom Brady along with that offense is ludicrous (I apologize for Ayanbadejo's comments on twitter, they were idiotic). Your defense is also playing well, Vince Wilfork scares the **** out of me, and Talib has been playing great at corner.

However, I think the Ravens have a definite shot at this game. Our offensive line is much improved at the tackle position, but, again, Wilfork scares me in the middle. Joe Flacco has been playing out of his mind, and however much ya'll want to say he is due for a bad game, he'll just as likely have another great game.

If the Ravens can keep up with Brady in the short passing game and keep your speed players contained, and we can keep Wilfork at bay and get our running game going, I think we have a good shot. Either way, I hope it's a great game this weekend.

Welcome aboard my brother! I'm expecting another slugfest between the Pats & Ravens this Sunday. Of course I'm rooting for the Pats to win. Both teams are so familiar with each other like division rivals.The Pats vs Ravens rivalry is just as big as the Steelers vs RavenS rivalry IMO. Here's to a great injury free game on Sunday!

Out of his mind? I don't think so...

Did you watch the game against Denver? Going head to head with Peyton Manning and winning, even though that may not mean much to the New England Patriots, means a lot to Joe Flacco and the Ravens. Every time the team needed a big play, Joe made it. After the first return for a touchdown, he threw a bomb to Torrey Smith to even the score at 7-7. Down 21-14 right before halftime, he threw another huge ball to Torrey over Champ Bailey to tie the game. And with 31 seconds left, he hit Jacoby Jones to send the game to overtime on a 70 yard pass. You can say the Denver defense screwed up as much as you want, but Flacco still saw the opportunity and took advantage of it. He's thrown five touchdowns and no interceptions so far in the playoffs.

Every team wants to be hot in the playoffs, and right now, Flacco is playing the best he's ever played. So, yes, he is playing out of his mind. I know I'm only using the past two games as examples, but in the playoffs, the past two games are really the only ones that matter.

Did you watch the game against Denver? Going head to head with Peyton Manning and winning, even though that may not mean much to the New England Patriots, means a lot to Joe Flacco and the Ravens. Every time the team needed a big play, Joe made it. After the first return for a touchdown, he threw a bomb to Torrey Smith to even the score at 7-7. Down 21-14 right before halftime, he threw another huge ball to Torrey over Champ Bailey to tie the game. And with 31 seconds left, he hit Jacoby Jones to send the game to overtime on a 70 yard pass. You can say the Denver defense screwed up as much as you want, but Flacco still saw the opportunity and took advantage of it. He's thrown five touchdowns and no interceptions so far in the playoffs.

Every team wants to be hot in the playoffs, and right now, Flacco is playing the best he's ever played. So, yes, he is playing out of his mind. I know I'm only using the past two games as examples, but in the playoffs, the past two games are really the only ones that matter.

We watched. Nice work by the Ravens against old Zipperneck. We're not sure how much encouragement you can take from that performance. The Ravens gave up 35 points. Nice work by your kickoff and punt teams.

Flacco has a tendency to turn in a terrible performance after a big one in 2012 - he's due: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FlacJo00/gamelog/

Did you watch the Patriots who hung 83 points on the Texans within the last month - the same Texans who beat the Ravens 43-13 in October?

Last edited:

So you believe Denvers pass defense is a good one? Denvers defense feasted on a bunch of Rummy passing offenses like TB, SD, KC, Oakland and Cleveland.

What kind of prevent defense gives up a 60 yard TD with 31 seconds left? One with Jack Del Rio in charge and Champa Bailey as a starting CB thats who.

Furthermore, Peyton Manning is not the same player post neck surgery. His arm strength isnt the same and the worst thing that could have happened was a double OT shootout.

Flacco was 18 comp - 34 att for 53% completion % vs Denver.

And, 12 comp - 23 att for a 52% completion % vs Indy.

The TDs are very impressive if you can play a defense that likes to give up big plays, but a near 50% completion percentage is bottom barrel Marc Sanchez like numbers.

Ravens fan here. Don't worry, I'm not going to talk a bunch of bs, you guys have a great team like you have pretty much every year. Having said that, I think the game this coming Sunday is going to be a battle all of the way.

The Pats have been perennial winners over the past decade. Tom Brady along with that offense is ludicrous (I apologize for Ayanbadejo's comments on twitter, they were idiotic). Your defense is also playing well, Vince Wilfork scares the **** out of me, and Talib has been playing great at corner.

However, I think the Ravens have a definite shot at this game. Our offensive line is much improved at the tackle position, but, again, Wilfork scares me in the middle. Joe Flacco has been playing out of his mind, and however much ya'll want to say he is due for a bad game, he'll just as likely have another great game.

If the Ravens can keep up with Brady in the short passing game and keep your speed players contained, and we can keep Wilfork at bay and get our running game going, I think we have a good shot. Either way, I hope it's a great game this weekend.

I think your lack of concern (IMHO) regarding your OL is firmly grounded. I don't think the Patriot pass rush will harass Flacco to a big degree. That's just my suspicion, other Patriot fans may disagree. Where Wilfork/the Patriot DL will be more effective is containing the run. I would be surprised if the Ravens can win it on the ground (or at least I hope so). So I agree that the Ravens task will be to keep up with/surpass Brady-the Patriot offense.

There is no doubt the Ravens "have a shot". As the RayClay post a few before this mentioned, you guys are hardened, battle tested, you've been there. That's a big plus playing the big game like the AFCCG. And Flacco is hitting the big strikes unlike I have seen him do this well before. Yet I like the Patriots chances more this year than the last several playoff years. Partly because the Ravens aren't quite the same intimidating, bruising physical team they were, partly because the Patriots are healthy on both lines and more potent in their receiving/rushing/secondary groups than they have been in a few years.

Me. This year the team feels stronger, more determined than last year. The D is better and our weapons are more varied and consistent. Even though we just lost Gronk again, we've been playing well without him, so it doesn't feel so devastating (even though I am sad for him that he won't be part of any more post-season run).

We've been on an upswing (even with the loss to SF). Until the Indy game, the Ravens were on a downswing. Even though they beat Indy and Denver, we beat them "better" during the season, and pretty much manhandled the Texans twice. Neither our offense nor our defense was at full strength when we faced them earlier in the season, and lost (maybe) narrowly in their house. Now they are coming to our house and we are at full strength. They've had to play two playoff games; we've only had to play one. They had to play on the road, into double OT, just seven days ago. Several of their marquee players are on their last legs, planning to retire after this one last run. Most of our players are young and playing well together. Their QB is inconsistent and he is due for a stinker. Even if he doesn't have a stinker, I think we can win in a shoot out. They are overconfident because they think Tom Brady right now is the equivalent of Peyton Manning right now, or that our running game is the equivalent of the Denver running game. They are wrong.

So, just like last week, I am confident (but not overly so). Go Pats!

Last year i went into the AFCCG thinking it was a 50-50 game.

This year i am thinking 55-45 in favour of the Patriots purely because of the energy spent by the Ravens in Denver what with the double overtime, the Altitude and then the journeying back to Maryland and then obviously on to Gillette.

Of course the ravens have had an extra day of rest and we suffered a few injuries against the Texans.

I would not be surprised in the least if the Ravens pulled out the W though. Smith, Boldin and Flacco have been on the same page the last 2 weeks and are playing very very well.

I just hope that Pollard doesnt strike again!

Bunch of looney's in this thread, if you ask me. Nervous about teams that never proved a thing, while ladee daing about how a battle hardened team that always plays us tough is somehow going to lay down.:nono:

Agreed - the Ravens don't "scare" me but I know that they won't lay down and that the Pats will need to fight for every inch. I think the Pats win but it's a struggle to get significant point separation until perhaps later in the game.

Honestly, the only outcome that would surprise me would be the Ravens winning by a lot.

I feel much better about this game than the Texans game.

Out of his mind? I don't think so...

He lofted up a lot of prayers in Denver that were answered but the guy has thrown 5 TD's and 0 INT's in the postseason. He's been pretty solid.

Good post - all true.

I expect a good game but given how much the Baltimore defense has been on the field two weeks in a row I think the Pats pull away in the second half. So I have a very good feeling about this. Not to get too far ahead but I expect SF to beat Atlanta and I have a very bad feeling about that match-up.

Complete opposite this week. Ravens are old and slow. Patriots by 2 TDs.
Stop it your jinxing the team. Just stick to the doom and gloom, keep the karma going.

I was feeling pretty good about facing a team that wrapped up the year losing 4 of their last 5 games and was lucky to beat a Broncos team in an emotionally and physically draining game in poor conditions and isn't particularly dominating in any phase of the game. However, people around here and in the media keep on bringing me down. By the end of the week I'll probably be convinced of a loss.

No big deal as I am thoroughly convinced that the 49ers are beating everyone.

I take nothing good or bad from our early season matchup. What happened that Sunday night could not have less bearing on this Sunday's game. Our defense has a completely different approach and is much better on the back end.

On paper, we're better (minus Gronk obviously, but we've managed), and they're worse than last season, but you know what to do with that paper...

I'm just glad Edelperson and Ihedighbo have been replaced by actual defensive players.

Reed, can you or anyone else on this board confirm a couple of things for me about the Ravens? I heard on last week's telecast that Ngata is fighting a bunch of injuries and is only about 80%? Ray-Ray is playing with one arm and is getting slower by the day. Suggs certainly can't be 100%, how has he been playing? Also heard Reed has been struggling but maybe he was just invisible last week since Manning can't reach the safeties in the air.

I know "everyone is hurting at this point in the year" but if all those injuries are true, in addition to Webb being out, I would imagine this defense is much different that at this point last year.

Also, what changed since the regular season when the Ravens ended up playing like garbage? Is it really all about having Ray's leadership?

I was feeling pretty good about facing a team that wrapped up the year losing 4 of their last 5 games and was lucky to beat a Broncos team in an emotionally and physically draining game in poor conditions and isn't particularly dominating in any phase of the game. However, people around here and in the media keep on bringing me down. By the end of the week I'll probably be convinced of a loss.

Well, there is that...

I kind of feel the same way on both of your points. Falco does one thing well, he throws the deep ball well (great actually) to the right side of the field. If you take that away how many other ways can he beat you???

GOOO FALCONS!!!!

The defense isn't what it was a year ago for two reasons IMO: 1) Webb is out. He is a playmaker in the defensive backfield. Bar none. 2) Their interior DL is not as good as it has been in the past. Art Jones and Terrence Cody haven't really been what the Ravens need when Ngata isn't on the field. McPhee is decent.

Kruger, IMO, is their best chance to get after Brady. Kruger is twice what Johnson was as the edge guy. Suggs has his moments, but he is clearly not 100% and Ngata hasn't been what he once was for a few years. The defense still has the pedigree and a lot of savvy, so they could make a play here or there, but if they let our offense get into a groove it's over. The Ravens have made a living in the past of being one of the few groups to not let Brady get totally comfortable.

I feel great.

Vegas isn't often this wrong. 9.5 points is a lot.

And there are so many reasons.

- Ravens played poorly down the stretch.

- Flacco isn't great. Even his bombs were pickable in the last few games. High ducks that look more like kicks than passes.

- Old D with a ton of playoff mileage.

- The Pats are really freaking good.

- The Pats are at home.

- The Pats are not about to give up 3 long KO returns two games in a row.

I feel GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft