PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else a Little Bit Worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried, but then again I always worry about the games.

I'm surprised though that there are many media types predicting a blowout. I think it's just unbelievable that the defending Superbowl Champs are undefeated, at home, and are underdogs. This matchup is insane.

Hopefully the Pats dominate TOP. Keep the NE offense on the field, keep Peyton and co. off. When the Indy offense is on, I think the Pats D comes up big after the AFC Championship game meltdown.

And run up the score as much as you please in this one.

What happens when when an Immovable Object collides with an Unstopable Force?

Who the heck knows or cares because the Unstopable Force will keep rolling to ring number 4 since there is no Immovable Object this week.

We are better coached, better staffed, and ready to explode after the AFC title game last year.

I can clearly imagine the Colts secondary watching film this week and saying "Oh my God." Over and over again. Looking at each other in the eye and wondering what if this game gets out of hand?

With all respect to an undefeated team, I think the Colts should be extremely concerned that they are highly likely to get blown out.

I think Brady, Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Maroney are going to have humongous games.

There is a very real possiblity that this game ends at something like 52-17, Patriots.

And my thoughts keep coming back to the last time we played them. I think the Patriots are going to be physical from the get go. And Brady will have the offense completely locked in.

I believe that every game the Patriots played so far this season has been a preparation for Sunday in Indy.

Indy is going to get destroyed. No doubt about it.

You should be a lot worried... You guys don't give the Colts nearly the credit they deserve... It is easy to stomp a mudhole in the teams the Pats have played... They have not really played anyone worth the salt yet. This will be a great test for them. Remember.... Dallas is WAY over-rated.. Sorry..:D

Thank you for proving my oft iterated point that we always hear after the game that "they have not really played anyone".

I'm expecting the same thing on Monday. :D

41-20. Peyton gets sacked 4 times, throws 2 picks.

This game will be one-sided. A confident win for the Patriots that will shell shock the NFL Fanbase and community. Heading into the bye week, the Patriots will be renown as the greatest team ever assembled, the 72 Dolphins will be recanted constantly as their glorious undefeated season is suddenly short-lived. The pressure of staying 1 Win ahead of the colts will drive the Patriots to play through all 16 games. Oh wait I'm getting ahead of myself.

Patriots 52, Colts 17

I am nervous, sure. I fully thought we would crush Indy last year when we played them in New England.

Me, I will be a wreck during the game, and if we loose, for the next two weeks.
With Reche Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, and old man Troy Brown at wide receiver? It's a miracle the Patriots even played in the AFC Championship Game last year.

I was driving home from work and listening to WEEI. Boomer Esiason was on and he and all the Big Show guys were going on and on about how the Pats are just going to kill Indy, and win by at least 13 points, with Indy only coming that close because of a last minute score. Much of the same has been said here all week.

I just don't see it. We have had a lot of trouble with Indy in most of our meetings the last few years, losing three of them. I know we have improved and looked great all year, but they have looked pretty good too. I think it will be a close game, where hopefully the Pats will squeak out a win at the end.

Don't get me wrong; I'm hoping for a blowout in our favor as much as the next Pats fan, but I cannot believe the number of people who have predicted that Indy has no chance.

I have watched both teams real close and up til last Sunday I said it would be a toss up.Then I watched the game against the Redskins with the #4 defense.What I witnessed watching the Patriots disect that team in my mind there is no way the pats lose this game and now with Seymour back even more so..

Last edited:
I am concerned. I know I'm in the minority, but I fear the Colts are a lot closer to our team than we'd like to pretend. I see this one possibly going to the wire, with home field advantage making a difference and helping confuse the defense. I believe the Patriots have a chance if it's a who-has-the-ball-last scenario. Overtime would be unfortunate, since I think the coin flip would decide the game, but I think that's possible.

Ultimately, though, I don't really care. I'd love to see the patriots win. But if they don't, it doesn't matter to me. Seriously. Because there's no way on earth I see the Patriots losing to the Colts twice this year -- whether the second game is played in Indy, New England, or on the moon.

I'm only nervous because I hate the Colts so much. I could deal with a loss - just not to them, or the Jets, or the Fish, or Denver, Chargers and Steelers.

I agree. This Colts rivalry has a definite angst to it...on the level of Bosox vs. Skankees. I hate the Jets with a passion...but that is not a rivalry unless NYJ improves.

I want the Pats to blow their doors off just to see the reaction of the media and fans. I really think this team is a mission and will not be denied. Brady is a man possessed right now. Big day for Moss.

I was driving home from work and listening to WEEI. Boomer Esiason was on and he and all the Big Show guys were going on and on about how the Pats are just going to kill Indy, and win by at least 13 points, with Indy only coming that close because of a last minute score. Much of the same has been said here all week.

I just don't see it. We have had a lot of trouble with Indy in most of our meetings the last few years, losing three of them. I know we have improved and looked great all year, but they have looked pretty good too. I think it will be a close game, where hopefully the Pats will squeak out a win at the end.

Don't get me wrong; I'm hoping for a blowout in our favor as much as the next Pats fan, but I cannot believe the number of people who have predicted that Indy has no chance.
I was listening and if anything I became more confident after listening.

Pats will dominate.....Pats 45 Indy 24

I worry before every game. Even when they play the NFC. This will be a tough game since both teams have so much to prove.

Yeah, some weren't on the field much in the second half, but that's not what we're talking about.

Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Thomas, Harrison, Gay, Wilson. None of those guys were on the field at all. They replace:

Caldwell is now Moss
Gaffney is now Stallworth
Troy Brown is now Welker
Eric Alexander is now A Thomas
Artrell Hawkins to now Rodney Harrison
Ray Mickle is now Randall Gay
Rashad Baker is now Eugene Wilson.

This should make everyone breathe easier.

I have been conditioned over the years to always worry about whether or not the Patriots will win or not...hey, I don't relax until it is about 54-0.

I do keep thinking about last year's playoff game and how close the Patriots came to winning with the players they had at the time. The difference between this year and last year is astounding.

I definitely think Indy has a chance. But I'm hoping for a blowout. Hope for the best, expect the worst, I guess. Seems like a lot of folks are expecting the best.
Redskins had a chance too, but they blew it sometime during the first quarter. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft