PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anyone Else a Little Bit Worried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was driving home from work and listening to WEEI. Boomer Esiason was on and he and all the Big Show guys were going on and on about how the Pats are just going to kill Indy, and win by at least 13 points, with Indy only coming that close because of a last minute score. Much of the same has been said here all week.

I just don't see it. We have had a lot of trouble with Indy in most of our meetings the last few years, losing three of them. I know we have improved and looked great all year, but they have looked pretty good too. I think it will be a close game, where hopefully the Pats will squeak out a win at the end.

Don't get me wrong; I'm hoping for a blowout in our favor as much as the next Pats fan, but I cannot believe the number of people who have predicted that Indy has no chance.

I definitely think Indy has a chance. But I'm hoping for a blowout. Hope for the best, expect the worst, I guess. Seems like a lot of folks are expecting the best.

COULD we lose? Yes. Do I think we WILL lose? No.

Add ole friend Wilie McGinest to that list too.

I watched Adam Schefter ask Willie on "Point After" how he saw this Pats/Colts game and Willie told Adam that he doesn't think this game is going to be close. In favour of the Pats.

I just don't see it. We have had a lot of trouble with Indy in most of our meetings the last few years, losing three of them.

There's another thread listing the players that will be on the field Sunday that weren't there in the second half of the AFCGG - Find that thread and you're concerns will be assuaged.

There's another thread listing the players that will be on the field Sunday that weren't there in the second half of the AFCGG - Find that thread and you're concerns will be assuaged.

Well, some of those players started the game but were injured and gone or intermittent in the 2nd half. PLEASE let's not have that happen again!

I could end up eating these words, but I am not AT ALL concerned about losing this game.

I am nervous, sure. I fully thought we would crush Indy last year when we played them in New England.

Me, I will be a wreck during the game, and if we loose, for the next two weeks.

The only thing i'm worried about is what nasty artciles that are going to be written about the pats after they abuse the Chosen Team.

Seriously though, can the colts win, yes, any team can win on any day.
Do i think the pats are so ready for this game it's gonna be Awesome, YES!

I'd love to see a blowout, so I can drink easier during the second half of the game. But, for the life of me I can't envision it happening. The game has just been so damn tight and nerve-wracking the past few years. I know we destroyed them a while ago (the famous David Patten game) in the Dome, but that was quite some time ago. It just seems like the Colts don't get blown out anymore, unless of course you run for like 300 yards against them.

Sorry. Not even a little worried. Already made plans to go out in the 2nd half.

I'd love to see a blowout, so I can drink easier during the second half of the game. But, for the life of me I can't envision it happening. The game has just been so damn tight and nerve-wracking the past few years. I know we destroyed them a while ago (the famous David Patten game) in the Dome, but that was quite some time ago. It just seems like the Colts don't get blown out anymore, unless of course you run for like 300 yards against them.

This is how I feel. I don't need to look at the list of players that went down last year in the playoffs. I watched it happen in agony. I haven't seen Indy get blown out in a game that mattered in a long time (2004 playoffs is it). Peyton has upped his game against us since then. I don't know why everyone thinks it's suddenly going to happen this weekend. They will fight as long and hard as we do. I am hoping for a win, dreaming of a blowout.

If old man Testaverde can keep the ball out of Indy's hands for 11:01, what will the Pats be able to do?

If old man Testaverde can keep the ball out of Indy's hands for 11:01, what will the Pats be able to do?

Yeah, but look how that worked out for him. That 2nd half comeback worries me. I wish I had the confidence to go out in the 2nd half. I hope some of my fingernails are left by then!

I'm only nervous because I hate the Colts so much. I could deal with a loss - just not to them, or the Jets, or the Fish, or Denver, Chargers and Steelers.

A lot of people will choose the Pats by a blowout, because they have done that to most of their opponents. I think the Colts will play the Patriots tough, and I can see the Pats win it by 10 points. What will make the difference in this game compared to the AFCCG last season, is that there is still a lot of football left afterwards. That might influence the team that falls behind late in the game. Although I can't imagine the Patriots coaches or players even contemplating a less than 100% effort. Maybe all that "running up the score" business is nothing more than the Patriots going full throttle for the entire 60 minutes of play, where the opponent is done fighting by the end of the third quarter (and they slipped up in that regard against the Dolphins, hence BB's view of that game and Brady's re-insertion after Cassell's int.).
I think that the Patriots have the edge mentally. They have the confidence and the production to blow any opponent out of the water (or off the field if you prefer that analogy). The Colts may feel some comfort in being labeled the underdog, but they know they will face a far different Patriots team from the last time, and that it is a formidable opponent. The Colts will have to play their 'A'-game just to keep up.

Honestly, this season is the most fun I've had watching the Patriots play. And they still leave enough on the table to show that they can even do better. I shudder at the thought of what might happen to the opponent when the Pats do play a perfect game on offense, defense and special teams.

This is a healthier, less worn down, and, due to the addition of Thomas and some players who were injured last year, a significantly more talented defense than the one that held the Colts to 6 points in the first half last year... and I'm sure I don't need to tell anybody how much better this year's offense is.

If this team builds an 18 point lead at any point in the game, it won't be blowing it.

Now, obviously, the Colts' offense won't necessarily get off to such a bad start -- this isn't the playoffs, after all -- but they haven't really looked "unstoppable" at any point this year. Our defense can get some stops on them, and with out offense, that should be enough.

The difference between last years team in the AFCC and the one that will take the field Sunday is off the charts better

Don't worry be Happy.....Woooooo:singing:

Strangely, no. But I'm sure that I will be a lot more when I am sitting down on the couch come Sunday.

I was driving home from work and listening to WEEI. Boomer Esiason was on and he and all the Big Show guys were going on and on about how the Pats are just going to kill Indy, and win by at least 13 points, with Indy only coming that close because of a last minute score. Much of the same has been said here all week.

I just don't see it. We have had a lot of trouble with Indy in most of our meetings the last few years, losing three of them. I know we have improved and looked great all year, but they have looked pretty good too. I think it will be a close game, where hopefully the Pats will squeak out a win at the end.

Don't get me wrong; I'm hoping for a blowout in our favor as much as the next Pats fan, but I cannot believe the number of people who have predicted that Indy has no chance.
dont worry be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey