PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any word on Chung and Amendola?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, this season has been bizarre. Normally I'd be thrilled at 12-2, but with all the injuries each win feels like half a win and half a loss. EVERYTHING depends on securing a bye.
well, then you can relax. they did that yesterday.

Pats already have #2 Seed regardless of the outcome of next 2 games. All they need to do is win one of next two to get #1 seed. This is regardless of what Broncos and Bengals do. Pats have tie break win over Bengals.
thanks. that's the clearest I've seen it described.

Agreed, play everyone who's healthy enough to get on the field against the jests. After we win that one we sit everyone against the Dolphins
So if the Pats win HFA is locked up no ifs and or buts.

If they lose we want DEN to win next week and then potentially DEN to lose at SD and CIN to BAL of NE loses to MIA.

So if the Pats win HFA is locked up no ifs and or buts.

If they lose we want DEN to win next week and then potentially DEN to lose at SD and CIN to BAL of NE loses to MIA.

If the Pats lose next week, they still get HFA with a win over MIA. I just don't see Pats losing to MIA. Their players have checked out, they have no offense. Pats D alone could probably beat them. Pats are in good shape for HFA.

If the Pats lose next week, they still get HFA with a win over MIA. I just don't see Pats losing to MIA. Their players have checked out, they have no offense. Pats D alone could probably beat them. Pats are in good shape for HFA.
They absolutely should beat MIA. Only issue is that there are a number of people on that team who are playing for their jobs next year....and they also have one notable dirty, cheap shot artist in the center of that defense that I don't want going anywhere near Tb12.

Last edited:
They absolutely should be MIA. Only issue is that there are a number of people on that team who are playing for their jobs next year....and they also have one notable dirty, cheap shot artist in the center of that defense that I don't want going anywhere near Tb12.

Yes but Suh already collected his paycheck and has nothing to play for. He seems like the type to be more concerned about getting injured than trying to make a statement in a meaningless game.

The Jets on the other hand will be fighting for their lives. I'm more concerned with their DL causing havoc.

Yes but Suh already collected his paycheck and has nothing to play for. He seems like the type to be more concerned about getting injured than trying to make a statement in a meaningless game.

The Jets on the other hand will be fighting for their lives. I'm more concerned with their DL causing havoc.
For the most part, I agree.

I don't trust Suh. Hes emotionally unstable.

To get the #1 seed NE needs any of these scenarios to happen:
  • NE wins either of its remaining games
  • Winner of DEN-CIN loses the following week

This is all true, but I really don't want the Pats to waltz into Week 17 as a must win. I want them to get the W this weekend, seal homefield, and rest as many bodies that need it in Week 17. This has been one hell of a season, injury-wise. Give the guys that need it a couple of weeks off to rest their bones before going back to work. Further, Miami has also been a dirty team under Campbell. There's no need to risk more guys in a game where their only enjoyment will come in the form of trying to hurt the Pats chances in the playoffs by taking knee and helmet to helmet shots.

If hightower was walking around in the locker room..then that's probably good news

To get the #1 seed NE needs any of these scenarios to happen:
  • NE wins either of its remaining games
  • Winner of DEN-CIN loses the following week

One other scenario is if NE loses the next two, they can still get homefield if Cincy loses their remaining games and Denver loses at San Diego in week 17.

Well damn, if they can't compete with the Jets in Week 16, then this team isn't ready for the playoffs

They usually struggle in Miami and after the Philly game they can't count on players checking out. I'm sure it would make Suh's season to step on Brady's ankle and break it.

Come again?
Another poster's quote to which you were responding when you said that you had "never seen the movie" and didn't intend to do so was:
"Believe it or not...
Years between Pearl Harbor bombing and Animal House release: 37
Years between Animal House release and today: 37"

So, I was asking, as a joke, whether your reference to "the movie" was to "Animal House" or Bruckheimer's 2001 film "Pearl Harbor." :)

It's one of those things that isn't all that funny if you have explain it. ;)

If hightower was walking around in the locker room..then that's probably good news

This is good news, we really need him for the playoffs.

These next two weeks are going to be physically tough.

I never said we should forfeit the Jets game. Obviously the Pats will go to that game with every intention to win it. The question is do you rest guys like HT, DA, and Chung that appear to be banged up to avoid a possible season ending injury. I know that injuries are part of the game, that it's a contact sport and all but how you manage your roster is no different than how you manage the game clock in the last 3 minutes of the game.

I trust BB will make the right call either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST