PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Pats rescue Larry Fitzgerald's career

Status
Not open for further replies.
just_say_no.gif

Love to have him here, but I don't see the Pats giving up what it would take to get him on top of paying that massive contract.

if the pats would make a trade for a big name that eats up lots of CAP space then Nnamdi Asomugha, has to be the guy

Nnamdi Asomugha, and Devin McCourty, starting with Leigh Bodden, and Darius Butler, at nickel and dime next year that would take this pass defense from the worst to top 5 in one season

haveing more WR's wont mean jake IMO if brady, dose not have time to throw to them... Matt Light, is a FA next year and will be 33 i dont think Logan Mankins, will be back Stephen Neal, is all but done this team needs all of dose picks next year i dont see them tradeing for anyone, the pats are alredy paying brady, 20 million i cant see them paying some WR or any other player 10 + if there is a cap next year.

3/11/2008: Signed a four-year, $40 million contract w/NTC. The deal contains $30 million guaranteed, including a $15 million signing bonus, and a $9 million option bonus and $3.1 million roster bonus in the second year. If Fitzgerald is franchise tagged in 2012, he must be paid $23 million that season. 2010: $6.3 million, 2011: $7 million, 2012: $5 million, 2013: Free Agent

Thats was his last deal signed from rotoworld, not sure why it says if he is Franchised in 2012 he will get 23 Mill, maybe they meant 2013 since thats when he will be a FA, but if he's got that clause then, I would want to give him a new contract for at least 5 years if We were gonna give up valuable picks.

This guy is worth the money, he's kinda old school the way he goes about his business, and to the poster that said they would be happy with him or VJAX, there is a huge difference in value and mental stability between the two.

The only negative is we would have to put up with his Father.:bricks:

He'll be a free agent after next season and I can guarantee that he'd want a new deal prior to agreeing to being traded.

I'm hoping we can get Robert Quinn
I just don't think BB is going to pick him.

If you are talking about a WR, then I don't see the Pats taking one. Not with the group they have already.

I also don't see the Pats adding a CB in the draft. I see them sticking with the lines and going at OLB.

Fitz or VJax would be an awesome addition to this team but really we got rid of Moss and the offense has looked smoother, would we really add another number one receiver type along with Wes, and Branch?

Vincent Jackson??? Let him go to some dump like Cincy.. No thank you. He's one who falls into the malcontent off the field category.

Compensatory pick- one likely for losing Watson/Jarvis Green offset by signing Crumpler, likely a 6th or 7th rounder....if you follow adamjt13's tabulations...

Since when is a 4 million a year contract only a comp of a 6th or 7th? More likely a 4th or 5th.

Absolutely not to Ochocinco. Definitely not a Patriot/BB guy.

Fitz maybe, depends what kind of direction the Pats want to go in and how high they are on Tate and Price.

i dont know, i think 85 could work too. would you have said that moss was a BB guy before he came? i know it ended crappily with moss, but ochocinco wants a ring, and he's an incredible route-runner. he'd fit our current offense really well.

YouTube - Chad Ocho Cinco and Bill Belichick

notice who he destroys on this one:
YouTube - Ochocinco Touchown tribute to Chris henry

i dont know, i think 85 could work too. would you have said that moss was a BB guy before he came? i know it ended crappily with moss, but ochocinco wants a ring, and he's an incredible route-runner. he'd fit our current offense really well.

YouTube - Chad Ocho Cinco and Bill Belichick

notice who he destroys on this one:
YouTube - Ochocinco Touchown tribute to Chris henry

Not the direction the Pats want to go in. They saw what happened when they had Moss on the roster and how the ball was forced to him a lot. Without the pressure to get Moss the ball I think it has benefited everyone, mostly BOB IMO. He has had a great season, much better from last year and I think it isnt a coincidence that its because Moss is gone.

Not the direction the Pats want to go in. They saw what happened when they had Moss on the roster and how the ball was forced to him a lot. Without the pressure to get Moss the ball I think it has benefited everyone, mostly BOB IMO. He has had a great season, much better from last year and I think it isnt a coincidence that its because Moss is gone.

Needs to be explored more IMO. For all his off the field nonsense, #85 has been a highly productive player in essentially one of the worst NFL franchises.

Set aside the BB/#85 mutual admiration society, this would be interesting as it would be a different situation than bringing in a LF. LF still needs to put up the numbers to get the "next deal" whereas #85 will be 33 in Jan, 2011 which means by WR standards, he has a couple of years left.

Essentially, if #85 caught 50 balls for 800 yds and was 14-2 and was all but assured a deep playoff run, he may be ok here.

My .02$

Last edited:

i agree with that, but i think if he came in with a completely different attitude and played a reduced role he could be effective.
but it's really just a super optimistic view of it i know.

Needs to be explored more IMO. For all his off the field nonsense, #85 has been a highly productive player in essentially one of the worst NFL franchises.

Set aside the BB/#85 mutual admiration society, this would be interesting as it would be a different situation than bringing in a LF. LF still needs to put up the numbers to get the "next deal" whereas #85 will be 33 in Jan, 2011 which means by WR standards, he has a couple of years left.

Essentially, if #85 caught 50 balls for 800 yds and was 14-2 and was all but assured a deep playoff run, he may be ok here.

My .02$

Pats saw what happened with Moss, they arent going to let it happen again with Ochocinco.

I dont think a big name WR is big on BBs list of needs. He sees that he can get it done without an absolute stud WR and a bunch of JAGs.

I'm all for bringing in Chad. Give him a 1 year contract and tell him that he needs to behave if he wants to stick around, and give him the chance to play with Brady and Bill and have a good shot at a Super Bowl.

When the choices are Fitz for $50M/5yrs and a 1st or Chad for $8M/1yr as a free agent, I'm taking OchoCinco every time :cool:

Pats saw what happened with Moss, they arent going to let it happen again with Ochocinco.

History tells us that he put up 3 sensational years and then in Year 4 he slowed down and squawked about his contract. That was the primary reason he was jettisoned.

I dont think a big name WR is big on BBs list of needs. He sees that he can get it done without an absolute stud WR and a bunch of JAGs.

If the player wants to win, can produce, and will help the team on a multitude of levels at sensible dollars relative to the expected contributions, there is room on this team for him.

Last edited:
Moss wasn't a failure by any means... In the two full years he played with Brady he was ranked as the number one and five most effective receiver.
When he was number five, he was behind Welker who was number three. That's all according to footballoutsiders

Moss was only dealt because his level of play has declined. He's looked pretty awful this year outside of being with the patriots.
He was in the last year of his contract and the pats thought a thrid rounder was of more value than him and they were right.

If Ochocinco has the skills and the humility to play in NE for a chance at a ring, I say its an option

Vincent Jackson??? Let him go to some dump like Cincy.. No thank you. He's one who falls into the malcontent off the field category.

I honestly don't know if he's even a fit for the offense but his skill set rivals the elite of the NFL and if the Price was right I wouldn't be upset if he were signed to a 3-4 year deal because thats all he should get considering his off the field concerns. None the less, trading for Fitz>signing VJax if we were to make a move for either.

85 would give his eye teeth to come to NE and be a system WR with Brady and BB. He's eccentric, but nothing he's ever done would indicate he needs an offense to center around him. Expressive and narcissistic are not the same thing. We just often see them together.

I wouldn't mind Steve Breaston on the Patriots either.

Seems like All-World receiver without the typical All-World diva attitude that omes with most.
Arizona is going to be bad for a long time and its seems to be such a waste.
I mean we do have 40 pickss this year!

I'd def give a 1st rounder for him but if its going to happen won't be till the offseason. Trade deadline is past.

I'd def give a 1st rounder for him but if its going to happen won't be till the offseason. Trade deadline is past.

Way, way too much. Start w/ a 3rd.

My .02$

No thanks. 2-3 years ago when Ocho was dominant he would be worth putting up with, but not when he's only an 800 yard per season guy. Fitzy is the only one I'd lay serious picks and cash on the line for.

Otherwise you might as well just use that 1st on one of the super 3 wideouts coming out or Ingram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe