PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Any chance Pats rescue Larry Fitzgerald's career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes on a pace for close to 80 catches for 900 yds and throwing to him is a QB who is cooked. Why not investigate further? He still has talent and skill to be effective.

Whats the downside to just understanding what #85 wants to do?

Last edited:
Damn would be fun to watch Fitz vs Revis for years....

However I dont see it...BB is not one to part with 1st rd picks...and for Fitz you have to start with 1st rdr...and go from there...

I'm all for bringing in Chad. Give him a 1 year contract and tell him that he needs to behave if he wants to stick around, and give him the chance to play with Brady and Bill and have a good shot at a Super Bowl.

When the choices are Fitz for $50M/5yrs and a 1st or Chad for $8M/1yr as a free agent, I'm taking OchoCinco every time :cool:

I saw Revis shut OchoCinco down he's not so Elite anymore.

One thing you can say bout Chad Johnson...i hate typing ochocinco...so dumb...but he never takes a play off..hard worker...etc...would be a great fit with the Pats

One thing you can say bout Chad Johnson...i hate typing ochocinco...so dumb...but he never takes a play off..hard worker...etc...would be a great fit with the Pats

Belichick seems to like him. But honestly, he wouldn't be a very good fit here. His mouth would ensure that.

As much as Fitzgerald would be an extremely powerful tool in this offense (His strengths match exactly what we need from our receivers; intelligence, route running, tenacity to go over the middle, high character guy) we'd run into a massive roadblock acquiring the guy through a trade. I don't believe it would require a first, if we send two seconds - Keep in mind Az has to pay him after next year so two picks would be good value for a 28 year old WR. That said, the real problem will be resigning him along with good ole' Wes Welker. I pray to god we we keep Wes, but I'm not entirely sold on that by its self, yet alone if we toss money Fitzgeralds way. Not to mention whatever other FAs we may have that year.

Last edited:
As much as Fitzgerald would be an extremely powerful tool in this offense (His strengths match exactly what we need from our receivers; intelligence, route running, tenacity to go over the middle, high character guy) we'd run into a massive roadblock acquiring the guy through a trade. I don't believe it would require a first, if we send two seconds - Keep in mind Az has to pay him after next year so two picks would be good value for a 28 year old WR. That said, the real problem will be resigning him along with good ole' Wes Welker. I pray to god we we keep Wes, but I'm not entirely sold on that by its self, yet alone if we toss money Fitzgeralds way. Not to mention whatever other FAs we may have that year.

I'm as much of a Wes Welker fan as anyone, but I'd take having Fitzgerald and Edelman over having Wes and Brandon Tate any day of the week.

i agree with that, but i think if he came in with a completely different attitude and played a reduced role he could be effective.

Ha ha. .............

You're killing me, please stop.:eek:

I'm not saying he would fit us now, but neither you nor I know what the offense will look like in the offseason. I'm saying if the shoe fits... wear it.

Well it wouldnt make sense to trade for him unless he is willing to sign a long term contract at a discount. He is having a sub par year and making HUGE $$. Next year he will be playing for a contract and would "need" numbers....similar to the Moss problem this year. Renting a player could work if we used him properly and got a 3rd rd comp pick in return but we are alot more likely to bring in a vet like Galloway, Holt or Ocho as role players. Price made the team so even though we cant see him he has to be at least as good as Tate was last year right?? I can see someone brought in to compete with Branch because as sound as his game is his skills are eroding. He looks like he is running in quicksand half the time.

i dont know, i think 85 could work too. would you have said that moss was a BB guy before he came? i know it ended crappily with moss, but ochocinco wants a ring, and he's an incredible route-runner. he'd fit our current offense really well.

YouTube - Chad Ocho Cinco and Bill Belichick

notice who he destroys on this one:
YouTube - Ochocinco Touchown tribute to Chris henry
Everyone wants a ring, but some players such as 85 care more about gaining attention. 85s personality is inconsistent with a winning team. He wants to be a reality show and internet star, get talked about and score a TD so people can crow about his celebration.
There is no one in the NFL less like a Patriot than 85.

One could only wish Fitzgerald would make his way here. I love the way he plays football. He was meant to be a Patriot the way he carries himself.

Fitzgerald is going to try and get as much money as he possibly can. He's in his prime and his statistics are down because his QBs suck. The Patriots could probably either resign Mankins or try and pickup Fitzgerald. At this point offensive line is a much bigger concern than WR for this team so the easy choice is to franchise / lock Mankins up.

Ok I read the first 4-5 pages of this thread and here is my take on Fitz....

Most people are comparing Moss to Fitz as both being #1 receivers and thinking the gameplan will change back to when moss was here and that means zeroing in on Fitz.....I disagree.....Moss is a guy that has to catch balls to be involved in the game/offense and if he doesn't get thrown to then he just gives up on plays.....Fitz on the other hand will continue to work and get open, block downfield and won't cry about not getting the ball.....I think that Fitz can be that Patriot guy and fit right in like Branch did coming back....

One could only wish Fitzgerald would make his way here. I love the way he plays football. He was meant to be a Patriot the way he carries himself.

You took those words right outta my mouth. he definately is IMO ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back