PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Antwaun Molden signs with Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see: new poster signs up on the board and proceeds to make a series of bizarre posts which then yields an even larger volume of incredulous responses.

Now if only there were a term for that type of behavior on the Internet...

Sadly, the 'new' guy's posts have been no more ridiculous than those of several other posters this offseason.

Last edited:
Or right. I do not believe he will be a Patriot this season. If BB drafts a corner, or two, and with the DB free agents added, and Dowling's return, Arrington, IMO, will be the odd man out.

Obviously you have a different opinion, which you are entitled to, but that is mine.

I am sure that over time, not all of your opinions have been correct as have not all of mine. Would it be safe to suggest that?

You didn't say any of that, you said Moulden was better than Arrington.
As I said, if that is your assessment, you have no credibility.

Let's see: new poster signs up on the board and proceeds to make a series of bizarre posts which then yields an even larger volume of incredulous responses.

Now if only there were a term for that type of behavior on the Internet...

Maybe we could come up with one. Let’s see, he strolled in here with a new account and started this crap, maybe a “stroll”? He’s been on a real roll ripping on Kyle, maybe a “roll”? He thinks he’s so droll about it, maybe a “droll”? There’s got to be some sort of term.

I did, he was one of the best players on the field during the super bowl. Open your eyes.

I agree. Molden did pretty well when he was on the field and there was a reason why he got 25 snaps in the Super Bowl. It is a good signing by the Giants.

Did the NY Giants also sign James Ihedigbo? I thought Molden and Ihedigbo were a packaged deal?

Now that I will buy. The Giants got Victor Cruz and the Pats got Ihedigbo.

Ihedigbo IS a stiff and I hope that he does not make next years' roster.

Raytarded gets a JI vacation ban and Mystery shows up here..

Coincidence?

Maybe it's his sidekick SG (****sGreen)

Whoever it is, he has very little knowledge of Patriot players. :rocker:

Coincidence?

Banned for what?

Raytard is usually banned for personal attacks on posters. My guess is it's more of the same.

Don't say anything bad about his Jets or he goes postal.

Just to be clear the Giants signed Molden for insurance and depth; it's not as if he is going to start there. It's not a bad decision since as we have seen in the past few years there probably is no such thing as too much depth at corner. Aaron Ross signed with Jacksonville, and Terrell Thomas had a torn ACL last year. They still have Corey Webster, Prince Amukamara and Will Blackmon so even if Thomas starts the year on PUP Molden would only be a dime back unless there's another injury, assuming he makes the roster.

The plus for them is that they can now focus more on best available player and less on a position of need after adding Molden, Sean Locklear and Keith Rivers. They're not big splashy moves, but decent depth additions. It looks to me to be not radically different than what the Pats have done, adding Scott, Gallery, Gregory, Fanene, Allen, etc.; they may not be the moves the public was clamoring for (e.g., Mike Wallace, Vincent Jackson, Mario Williams, Matt Forte), but those transactions put the team's roster in a decent place heading into the draft.

Maybe we could come up with one. Let’s see, he strolled in here with a new account and started this crap, maybe a “stroll”? He’s been on a real roll ripping on Kyle, maybe a “roll”? He thinks he’s so droll about it, maybe a “droll”? There’s got to be some sort of term.

Why is an opinion on a particular player considered trolling? Isnt there room for opposing views an d discussion. I believe Arrington is over rated by some fans, much in the same way Hobbs was and IMO the end result will be the same....Gone.

Coincidence?

Your post is entirely innacurate. None of it is factual.

BTW, I once lived in Onset, many years ago when I was stationed at Otis AFB. It was the first place my wife and I at that time lived when we returned from our honeymoon.

Last edited:
Sadly, the 'new' guy's posts have been no more ridiculous than those of several other posters this offseason.

So, what you are saying is that new guys opinions have no value. Only old posters or old members have opinions that count. Is that what you are suggesting. Has it ever crossed your mind that "new guys" might end up to be right while "old guys) might be incorrect?

Or, would you prefer that everyone have the same opinion? That would make this place pretty boring, wouldn't you say?

Why pick on someone just because they are, as you say, a new guy or new girl?

Or, perhaps you are always right and have never posted anything, again as you say, "ridiculous?"

BTW, out of curiosity, what, in your opinion, makes a post ridiculous?

Us new guys want to learn from you old guys.

It doesn't take much to dump on a free agent who made the team on hustle. No matter his future, he sent a second and fourth rounder packing, and had seven interceptions, so if he retired now, he's still had a better career than you give him credit for.

Look as foolish as you like, no one cares and a street free agent being cut wouldn't be an earth shaking event anyway.
Seven interceptions, sure..with five of them bouncing into his hands when he was standing all alone after having been beaten only to have the ball bounce off of the hands, or body, of a wide open receiver he should have been covering....instead of standing in wide open spaces. If you dont believe me, go look at all the replays. Fact is fact. one, BTW, landed on his chest as he was on the ground.

in reality, he is a pitiful cover corner. Belichick yanked him off the corner position for a reason and moved him in as nickle. I wonder where he would have been if Dowlng was playing. Probably on the bench.

2nd worst. It would take a lot to take that distinction away from Arrington.

That's a pretty vague answer. Why dont you show us the words you suggest that I said where Molden was better than Arrington. Show me those exact words.

In response to this

Originally Posted by patsinthesnow
The worst CB on the field during the Superbowl, cya.

That's a pretty vague answer. Why dont you show us the words you suggest that I said where Molden was better than Arrington. Show me those exact words.
Really?
You responded to my post that quoted yours, and you don't know how to find what you said?
Stop playing games. You know you said it, perhaps the best move is to just admit you were wrong, because you continue to lose more credibility as this goes on.

So, what you are saying is that new guys opinions have no value. Only old posters or old members have opinions that count. Is that what you are suggesting.

No

Has it ever crossed your mind that "new guys" might end up to be right while "old guys) might be incorrect?

Sure, frequently

Or, would you prefer that everyone have the same opinion?

Yes, I'm all about consensus over accuracy. Just ask everyone.

That would make this place pretty boring, wouldn't you say?

Yes, but so does rampant stupidity.

Why pick on someone just because they are, as you say, a new guy or new girl?

Actually, I've given you a lot of slack because you're 'new'. A long time back, I was asked by Ian to take it easy on the rookies, so I do the best I can to do so.

Or, perhaps you are always right and have never posted anything, again as you say, "ridiculous?"

I'm sure I've posted ridiculous things. My post count is far too high for me not to have done so. I expect that others have called me on it. If not, I likely pointed it out later myself or edited the post.

BTW, out of curiosity, what, in your opinion, makes a post ridiculous?

Really stupid takes
Horrible grammar
boring trolling poorly disguised as serious commentary
etc...

Us new guys want to learn from you old guys.

Obviously not, or you wouldn't still be posting the Arrington nonsense. I'm not even a big Arrington supporter and I still find your comments laughable.

Last edited:
Arrington has been the worst cover corner on this team, and probably the reason Belichick took him off the outside corner slot and moved him inside where he doesnt have to go one on one with receivers. But, even inside he is a failure.++
People are deceived by his seven interceptions but if they took the time to study them they will see that on five of them, he was severly beaten and left standing all alone in open spaces but a deflected, or tipped, ball came right to him. One, in fact, rolled onto his chest while he was laying on the ground.

People see the numbers but not what is behind the numbers. I will give him credit for one thing. He runs well once he has the ball. And, for what its worth, he hits hard. He has to considering the man he was covering has the football in his hands.

Come on, dont fall for the hype. Watch him play. He is terrible.
I don't really rate Arrington at all myself but you are wrong about the superbowl, he did a hell of a job on Victor Cruz.

Molden was by far the worst (as he was in most games during the season) I'm so glad hes signed with another team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore