Welcome to PatsFans.com

Another Vic Carucci fail column

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patriotscpfc, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patriotscpfc

patriotscpfc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This time he actually predicts us to win, but so many mistakes and stupid comments.

Home cooking should help Patriots overcome loss of Welker

Some quotes

He rates the Baltimore Line better as they have been able to run-block. Has he not watched our games? The run-blocking has been much improved this year.

As for soft-middle. All-Pro Mankins, Top Center Koppen and 2nd best-rated O-Lineman in the League (from that stats website I never remember the name of) Stephen Neal, looks a pretty good middle of the Line to me.

The fact they only gave away 17 sacks means they are one of the best as well.

Tully Banta-Cain, not generated enough heat... 10 sacks? He's been the one that's generated heat more than half the time he's blitzed.
    Mayo has been pretty consistent the last 3 or 4 games, now he looks like he's back at full health and stuffing the run like he did last year.

Neither Springs or Sanders were injured.
    Bodden isn't hurt.
    Wilhite isn't starting, he's 3rd/4th CB in rotation with Butler, though I bet that rotation slows now after Butler's impressive performance even without the reception.

There are other mistakes as well. How does this guy get a job
  2. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 1 / -0

this is not good news. from the peppers prediction to pats being potentially blown out by the bills to miami winning the division he has been just wrong every time.
  3. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,661 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

Oher has been tremendous for a rookie. While people here have been singing the praises of Vollmer and acting as if he's already a force to be reckoned with rather than the developing player that he is, Oher has truly been outstanding for the Ravens.

Mankins and the rest of the interior line have been inconsistent this season. Part of that can be attributed to Neal's struggles with injury, but the middle of the line has been a clear problem, and a lesser QB would have taken a lot more sacks.

The defense has been consistently stopped when trying to get pressure without blitzing. Mayo has been inconsistent as he's tried to deal with the knee injury and the added responsibilities he's had put upon him.

I don't really see anything to beef about regarding these items you posted.
  4. BradyMossWelker

BradyMossWelker Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I say it, and say it again.
    Vic Carucci and Bucky Brooks, are the worst column writters in the nfl.
    They know nothing about the NFL.
    and Carucci just hates the patriots, I don't know how he picked brady over flacco, just a miracle.
  5. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The great thing about sports is you have to do it on the field, does not matter what the experts say.
  6. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +221 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

Vollmer has comfortably out-performed Oher. In fact that's an understatement.

He started very well, but tailed off as the season wore on. Gaither on the other hand has been magnificent.
  7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,661 / 70 / -75

Disable Jersey

Obviously, we see things differently on this issue. Also, at the end of the season, Gaither missed 3 games (5 total all year), and Oher was moved over to LT.
  8. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have been the behind Vollmer all year long, but I think his play has dropped a little the past few games. Oher has been very good all year long. Oher has definitely out performed Vollmer this season.
  9. BritPat

BritPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +221 / 4 / -4

#54 Jersey

I disagree. What you're saying does not add up with what I've seen with my eyes.

Also, FWIW, PFF.com agrees with me:

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position

In 565 drop backs, Vollmer has given up 1 hit and 10 pressures.

In 1009 drop backs, Oher has given up 6 sacks, 8 hits and 21 pressures.

As always, people seem to latch on to a player's early season form and assume he's carried it on through the entire year, when it's simply not true.
  10. patriotscpfc

patriotscpfc Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The hit and 3 of those pressures must have come against Tampa, he got hurt and played 3 shocking plays in a row and the D-End went straight through him.

The difference between Oher and Vollmer is the QB as well. One has a quick release and can read the blitz. The other has a slower release but a cannon-arm to get it out.
  11. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As the stats say Oher has played double Vollmer. If you double Vollmer's pressures total that equals Ohers so they are equal in that regard. As for the hits and pressure stats the Patriots protection schemes help Vollmer out and provide him help when necessary. Oher is one on one on pretty much every play.

What isnt included in these stats is running plays and that is what Oher is known for being, a run blocker. Look at the Ravens running game, I am not saying its all Michael Oher but he plays a role in it. Also, penalties Oher has 8 penalties while Vollmer has 4, but Vollmer has played half the time as Oher and his penalties have been false starts that he seems to have forgot the snap count. Oher is defended by his coach with his penalties,

I am not saying by any means that Vollmer isnt a good player because in fact he is very good for a rookie and is the Pats LT of the future, but I just dont think he is nearly as good as Oher this season
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.