PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Another potential reason for Belichick to prefer the Raiders' #1 in two years...

You know how I was saying the Patriots use XOS for their video systems? Look at this:

Coaching Solutions - Overview - xostech.com - The Sports Technology Leader for Content, Commerce & Services

testimonials_header.gif

“My ability to use the Coach’s Station in my office or on the road has been a tremendous value to me, my staff and the players. With my laptop, I am able to analyze video and game data whenever and wherever I want, and then communicate with the staff and players on our network.”

Bill Belichick
Head Coach
New England Patriots

XOS has parterned with 29 NFL teams and the Patriots are the few teams that had XOS put together an entire video systems integration design in their facility:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/SportSe...&DB_OEM_ID=40&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

Last edited:
So doesn't the NFL hold the Ace in this deck of cards? Can't it simply say that the draft will only be for players for whom it has tape supplied by the college team/conference? All other players will be signed as free agents. So the only college players who can get significant contracts coming out of college will be from the ACC, the Big 10, and the other conferences who are not part of this.

There would be so many lawsuits files by agents, players, and other against the conferences that won't supply the "tapes" that they would capitulate under the weight of the legal fees.

So doesn't the NFL hold the Ace in this deck of cards? Can't it simply say that the draft will only be for players for whom it has tape supplied by the college team/conference? All other players will be signed as free agents. So the only college players who can get significant contracts coming out of college will be from the ACC, the Big 10, and the other conferences who are not part of this.

There would be so many lawsuits files by agents, players, and other against the conferences that won't supply the "tapes" that they would capitulate under the weight of the legal fees.

On the contrary. The NFL can't do that because its rules on draft eligibility are stated. However, what it could do is tell every junior who applied that he would be a UDFA. That would be sure to turn many of them off and force them to go back to college whether or not they need it.

What I find interesting in the whole thing is that XOS first asked about the fee in August. Yet, as of the article, they are no longer involved in the discussions. That tells me that they put a bug in the ears of the Conference Commissioners and then let the pieces fall where they may. Whatever happens, they still have their contracts with the Conferences and with the 29 NFL teams.

What the NFL needs to do is put together a list of the expenses that the Junior Advisory Committee or whatever they are called and then put that in front of the Conference Commissioners and say. Look, we spend X amount of dollars providing this service for your junior players. If we don't have the video, then that Committee will give every junior a ranking of UDFA. And the results will rest on your heads. Not ours.

One of the issues in the whole thing was one executive comparing the NFL's usage of the Pro tapes to that of the tapes of juniors. They are used for different purposes. Teams aren't going out and selling the coach's video to ESPN or NFL.com. They are giving ESPN and NFL.com the express consent to use the video. So the idea that the coach's video provided to teams will be used for entertainment purposes is ludicrous.

On the contrary. The NFL can't do that because its rules on draft eligibility are stated.

But doesn't the NFL write its own rules? Why not change them, simply add a clause that states that no player is eligible to be drafted unless its team and conference make the video available for free on the player for the entire time that player is on the roster?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back