PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anger Management - how are you dealing with your emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cursed at the TV set more during this game than any other, because this was supposed to be the start of our season-ending run. Instead, I was left with the realization that even if we get into the playoffs and win the first game, we're likely not making it past the second round. THAT was a depressing dose of reality, especially since I'll be attending the next three games in the cold. So, I was depressed for a couple hours afterward and now feel resignation.

Yeah, resignation is a good word. Like many others, the Colts loss was the one I lost sleep over and now I have realized that the team just doesn't have it this year. There's nothing I can do about it and getting angry etc. isn't going to do anything. So I just shake my head and wait for next week. It is what it is and right now it's not very good.

I tossed my 7 yr old stained Pats sweatshirt into my donation/to-be-tossed pile of clothes. (it was light colored and had too many beer and coffee stains ok??:confused2:)

I also removed the two Pats cutouts from my windows and kept them away. In no mood to hear or see about them. :mad:

Sad to say but as of 5.45 PM EST, the logical part of my brain has checked out of this team for this season, whereas the emotional part, suprisingly, is trying its best to smile and ignore this pain. Usually it is the other way. :(

My only hope now is that this is similar to my golf game where I keep giving it up after every bad shot and am shamelessly back the next day. :D
i destroyed a coffee table and gave myself a enormous head ache from all the fbombs i yelled out in anger. I'm all in with this team emotionally and i live and die with them every week. needless to say I'm dead right now'

Last edited:
Thank god for Hockey...

Shut the tv off....continued with the Hannah Montana puzzles (with the kids)....Watched Ratatouille for the 84th time..wrapped a present for the wife......had dinner with the family....did some emails....gettin' ready to go to bed.

Just a game....Just a more frustrating, aggravating one than normal. :mad:

Maybe Santa will bring BB a pass rush and 2nd 1/2 adjustments to the team for X-Mas.

Last edited:
This is the second game we lost after I bought the new Sony HDTV ! I'm kicking myself for buying the damn thing hawked by Peyton :mad:

Well, there, I said it, but still love my new tv though :D

I threw my Pats hat about 10 times during the game.
Hit the couch another 15 times...
but since I had both of my kids were watching the game with me, I didn't swear once although, I wanted to alot :mad:

I was really hurt after the Colts loss, almost as bad as the game we can't mention. Monday night partially through the 3rd quarter I accepted that this team is not as good as I wanted to believe. Today was a confirmation of Monday night, that we are not that good. I didn't get that angry. It's almost like I am starting to disconnect, but I don't want to.

I watched Cinderella Man after the game, wanted to watch a winner. Watching Newhart right now, but I'm here too.

This is well said........I was devestated after Indy collapse.....Didn't think we had much chance against NO (although put in a homer prediction hoping we would get lucky)......and was a little bummed out after they got embarrassed out there.....This afternoon was probably the lowest point....because they showed who they REALLY WERE against an average at best team like Miami......They are NOT a good football team.....very poorly coached.....Belichick in his worst hour....it's like going through the four stages of disease....NOW....I am at acceptance....I've accepted that the Pats are an average at best football team....with no heart and no fire (with exception of a few players)....with poor coaching and execution.

This is the second game we lost after I bought the new Sony HDTV ! I'm kicking myself for buying the damn thing hawked by Peyton :mad:

Well, there, I said it, but still love my new tv though :D

I bought my Sony 52" DLP in 2006 and the Pats lost the Colts and Jets in back-to-back weekends. Almost put it back the box!

I threw my Pats hat about 10 times during the game.
Hit the couch another 15 times...
but since I had both of my kids were watching the game with me, I didn't swear once although, I wanted to alot :mad:

Just a suggestion......

3640.jpg

I bought my Sony 52" DLP in 2006 and the Pats lost the Colts and Jets in back-to-back weekends. Almost put it back the box!

Trust me, I was really tempted today to do just that. Then common sense (AKA wife ) prevailed ;)

This is well said........I was devestated after Indy collapse.....Didn't think we had much chance against NO (although put in a homer prediction hoping we would get lucky)......and was a little bummed out after they got embarrassed out there.....This afternoon was probably the lowest point....because they showed who they REALLY WERE against an average at best team like Miami......They are NOT a good football team.....very poorly coached.....Belichick in his worst hour....it's like going through the four stages of disease....NOW....I am at acceptance....I've accepted that the Pats are an average at best football team....with no heart and no fire (with exception of a few players)....with poor coaching and execution.

What bothers me the most is I think they are better than they are playing. The coaching and execution sucks but they have talent and more than Miami IMHO. They don't have the desire and again, I think this is the worst coaching I have seen with BB since he arrive here. I want him coaching this team but something has to change.

Trust me, I was really tempted today to do just that. Then common sense (AKA wife ) prevailed ;)

The first game I watch in HD on my LCD tv was the 2006 AFC champ game collapse. I got to see that in HD, lucky me.

The first game I watch in HD on my LCD tv was the 2006 AFC champ game collapse. I got to see that in HD, lucky me.

WOW, looks like I'm not alone then with all these new HDTV horror show :eek:

Last edited:
I'll get even more pissed as it sets in more. HopefullySox get Halladay this week to take my mind off it.:p

but seriously, everything that could have went wrong did. This team cant even keep a drive going with 4 min left in the game to win it. a 3 and out that lasted 20 secs. ******* bull

Last edited:
What bothers me the most is I think they are better than they are playing.
there is nothing worse than a under achieving team. ill take a less talented bunch of over achievers any day of the week.

there is nothing worse than a under achieving team. ill take a less talented bunch of over achievers any day of the week.

Exactly. I recall them kicking the crap out of Indy for 3+ quarters only to fall apart so they do have talent. Most of the games they've lost have been fairly close except the NO game.

They can't win and close out on the road and that seems like a lack of mental toughness

remember when Grogs won three straight playoff games on the road on the way to the Super against the Bears?...coulda used a few Steve Grogans today...I'll take a ONE Grogs over a 100 Tony Easons any day...we need more Steves and less Tonys on today's Pats

WOW, looks like I'm not alone then with all these new HDTV horror show :eek:

It's a curse. I'm convinced.

In Jan of 86, my dad bought a big screen tv in time for the Super Bowl. I'm sure you are aware of the outcome of that one....:mad:

you could predict exactly how the 4th quarter was going to turn out. Every drive you knew what would be the end result. That INT at the 5 was just:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

remember when Grogs won three straight playoff games on the road on the way to the Super against the Bears?...coulda used a few Steve Grogans today...I'll take a ONE Grogs over a 100 Tony Easons any day...we need more Steves and less Tonys on today's Pats

FYI Eason started all 3 road games in 1985 playoffs, but point taken. Team was rather lifeless today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back