PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anger Management - how are you dealing with your emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that explains how the team managed to go 11-5 last season with a QB that hadn't started since high school. :rolleyes:

and lost the division to the basement dwelling Miami Dolphins because the Dolphins played an offense called the "Wild Cat" that made the Patriots look like a Pop Warner team. 11-5 and losing the division is no great accomplishment when you have the Jets, Dolphins and Bills in your division.

and lost the division to the basement dwelling Miami Dolphins because the Dolphins played an offense called the "Wild Cat" that made the Patriots look like a Pop Warner team. 11-5 and losing the division is no great accomplishment when you have the Jets, Dolphins and Bills in your division.

11-5 with the backup QB simply doesn't fit your complaint. It's that simple. You aren't vindicated. This season has seen a lot of factors impact the team, including loss of McDaniels and Pioli, free agent mistakes and poor trade decisions. That's not stuff hearkening back to 2007 or before, and you pissing and moaning about it won't make it so.

I feel vindicated. I have been watching this organizational melt down since we lost the Superbowl to the Giants. We are slowing becoming the 2001 St. Louis Rams. We are allowing success to slip right through our hands because we are sticking with people and methods that no longer work.

We are still in the "Denial" stage of the death that is occurring to our team. If this team reverts to the ways of the past; Gillette Stadium will empty pretty quick.

Empty of "Pats fans" like you, certainly. Works for me! :singing:

11-5 with the backup QB simply doesn't fit your complaint. It's that simple. You aren't vindicated. This season has seen a lot of factors impact the team, including loss of McDaniels and Pioli, free agent mistakes and poor trade decisions. That's not stuff hearkening back to 2007 or before, and you pissing and moaning about it won't make it so.

In the past 5 years this team should have won an additional 2 Superbowls. The loss of those rings and the direction this team is headed is unacceptable. The Coach takes the money and praise when things are good. The Coach walks the plank when things go wrong. We are probably not going to see another "Tom Brady" QB in New England in our lifetime. Why let a tired coach waste it?

1) Blew 18 point AFCCG game lead.
2) Spy Gate
3) Lost SB to 14 point underdogs
4) Lost division to Wild Cat Dolphins
5) 4th and 2
6) 4th and 1

Absolutely correct.

Any fans that want to leave are free to do so. Plenty of folks in line to buy their tickets, so no loss to Patriots Nation.

That's my take, and I'm sticking to it. :cool:

In the past 5 years this team should have won an additional 2 Superbowls. The loss of those rings and the direction this team is headed is unacceptable. The Coach takes the money and praise when things are good. The Coach walks the plank when things go wrong. We are probably not going to see another "Tom Brady" QB in New England in our lifetime. Why let a tired coach waste it?

2) Spy Gate
5) 4th and 2
6) 4th and 1

What makes you think a coach who was fired (Shanahan) and one who chose to walk away from the game and who's had more than his fair share of losing seasons and playoff losses(cowher) would be better? And what is this infamous "4th and 1?"

And if you're so willing to get to get rid of BB, why haven't you changed your avatar?

I'm not willing to dump BB. I'll take my chances that the magic isn't all gone. And I have a feeling Kraft feels the same way. Enough of this foolishness, I thought this thread was create to vent and rant. So...

I work all week, people at work are annoying, bills, taxes, day-to-day annoyances, blah, blah, blah... I want to watch my team win. That is all. If they lose a normal game, so be it. I'm tired of watching these ridiculous losses. The NYJ, DEN, INDY, MIAMI games were infuriating. AAARGH. Get a first down, get some points, anything a normal team would do !

It's gotten so frustrating I haven't been listening to sports radio in car. And I don't know how much more Radiohead a middle-aged man should listen to... Grrr.

My only emotion at this point is a faint sense of disgust over having to contemplate the possibility of "wait 'til next year" thoughts when it's only December.

Realizing that I have more in my life than the 2009 Patriots season.

2) Spy Gate
5) 4th and 2
6) 4th and 1

Repeating this isn't going to morph it into a legitimate claim, even if you do it forever.

Realizing that I have more in my life than the 2009 Patriots season.

Sorry, but that is a copout my dear poet. :D Just as let your imagination ran unbirdled when you coined that brilliant poem, let your passions run free on the Pats performance. Act as if you are on the sidelines and that this is Y O U R team. In addition to realizing that you have more in your life than the 2009 Pats season, you will be pleasantly surprised to sense a newfound appreciation for everything in life irrespective of how much your emotions soar and plummet on seeing your beloved Pats perform on the field.

In other words, life is better appreciated and true realization dawns when that life is enjoyed with passion and zest. :cool:

So I read somewhere when finishing my fourth Trappistes Rochefort 8 . ;)

And if you're so willing to get to get rid of BB, why haven't you changed your avatar?

Bill B. is my favorite NFL coach of all time time. That is why I have and keep him as my avatar. As a fan of Bill, I am asking someone to throw the "White" towel into the ring for the poor guy. He doesn't seem to know how to exit gracefully.

Bill now reminds me of Wayne Newton. They both were top notch in their day. But sometimes you have to know when to call it a day.

As we going to allow Bill to become Tom Landry?

Bill B. is my favorite NFL coach of all time time. That is why I have and keep him as my avatar. As a fan of Bill, I am asking someone to throw the "White" towel into the ring for the poor guy. He doesn't seem to know how to exit gracefully.

Bill now reminds me of Wayne Newton. They both were top notch in their day. But sometimes you have to know when to call it a day.

As we going to allow Bill to become Tom Landry?

When was Wayne Newton tops at anything? C'mon now.

I'm fine, thanks for asking. Looking forward to the Carolina game and enjoying still being in first place.

I'm fine, thanks for asking. Looking forward to the Carolina game and enjoying still being in first place.

Same here. First place, prolly gonna win the division. Once the playoffs start, everyone is 0:0 again.

As long as I can watch the game, and have a good supply of snackage and booze, life is good.

I guess, having been a fan for 37 years, I can still appreciate ANY win... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes