PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Anger Management - how are you dealing with your emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep dreaming of a pass rush for the defense and a better offensive line in 2010.

you could predict exactly how the 4th quarter was going to turn out. Every drive you knew what would be the end result. That INT at the 5 was just:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Forget the 4th q, I am getting that clarviorant feeling even in the first Q nowadays :rolleyes:

Sad, the mighty Pats are getting ridiculed by ignorant fans like me. :mad:

This is the second game we lost after I bought the new Sony HDTV ! I'm kicking myself for buying the damn thing hawked by Peyton :mad:

Well, there, I said it, but still love my new tv though :D

Desis can never be separated from SONYs. :D No offense, Mr. Parthasarathy (right?) :)

I went with a Sammy three years back and came close to breaking it today. Oops, forgot to add that in the OP.... :)

In other words after an incredible 8 year run we're reduced to being just like the fans of all the other teams (possibly excepting Indy and this year, the Saints).

Not in my case. The Patriots have a long-term pass from me for all the Super Bowls, I just can't get upset like I used to. Don't think that's the case with any of the other teams, except possibly the Steelers, and they're laying far uglier eggs than we are.

The only sensation that's different is the feeling that we're NOT going to pull this one out when Brady has the ball with under two minutes to go. That's kind of strange, but I had zero confidence we were going to win this one, I'd have been surprised if we did. Oh how the mighty...

No more Ty Law. No Willie McGinest. No Tedy Bruschi. No Ted Johnson. No Lawyer Milloy. No Troy Brown. No Mike Vrabel. No Rodney Harrison. No Richard Seymour. No Deion Branch. We also miss the presence of Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Scott Pioli, and Josh McDaniels, coordinators and assistants that knew what the hell they were doing while in this organization.

This is a very, VERY different Patriots squad than the above nucleus played for in their run. Jerod Mayo is the leader of this defense, and he's had very little experience compared to the defensive captains of years past. Moss, Welker, and Faulk are the only truly reliable passing targets in the offense. The running game doesn't chew up enough clock to close out games. The red zone is a huge enemy to the team on both sides of the football.

I think the defeat in the 2006 AFCCG signified the change in philosophy. The defense was fading and failed to close the deal, along with the offense which was without Brady's two best targets (Branch and Givens). Moss and Welker were brought in to assure that the Patriots could move the chains at will and compete with the likes of Indy and SD on a consistent basis. Except now, the defense is still a weakness, and the offense struggles to protect its quarterback and its leads.

The only sensation that's different is the feeling that we're NOT going to pull this one out when Brady has the ball with under two minutes to go. That's kind of strange, but I had zero confidence we were going to win this one, I'd have been surprised if we did. Oh how the mighty...

Funny you mention this now, I was JUST thinking about this a little while ago myself..

Desis can never be separated from SONYs. :D No offense, Mr. Parthasarathy (right?) :)

I went with a Sammy three years back and came close to breaking it today. Oops, forgot to add that in the OP.... :)

Well, you got that right ! Judging from the fact that you guessed my name with correct spelling, I can fairly guess where you are from ;)

But trust me, if I ever had known this is what to expect out of a new tv, I would have rather kept my old panny plasma :(

Quite the opposite for me, at least at the time. I mean, it's weird, because during the Colts game, I didn't have confidence (it played all TOO much like that AFCCG). But today's game I had that gut feeling that the Pats would move the chains and get within field goal range to win it. I didn't feel that the Dolphins deserved to have the game handed to them so easily, and that Brady would lead them to victory, because he knows he has to.

And then the interception, all too reminiscent of the Ayenbadejo pick of 2004.

That late game Brady magic feels like a thing of the past now. I think the confidence meter is officially broken for me. :(

:)every time I get angry about them making me stay here I remember that Im making a million a game.

Well, you got that right ! Judging from the fact that you guessed my name with correct spelling, I can fairly guess where you are from ;)

But trust me, if I ever had known this is what to expect out of a new tv, I would have rather kept my old panny plasma :(

Bingo! It is your new TV that caused us to lose for two weeks.

Dump it NOW!!! :D

This season has been really interesting to me. I was an athlete my entire life playing basketball and baseball but I never played football. I coached basketball for over ten years and now I would be happy to never see a basketball again. However, football has always been my favorite sport. It fascinates me. It is tough being a Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fan in New Mexico but above all it is very hard being a Pats fan. It is a weird area a lot of Cowboys fans and mysteriously a lot of Steeler and Raider fans as well. People here hate New England. I always have liked that because I hate people so it works out. Anyway I spend a lot of time talking/defending the Patriots especially at work (high school teacher). My point is after yesterday I have no idea how I feel. I don't know what to say and I am not really sure what is going on. This is odd to me because I can predict every play's outcome 3 seconds before the snap, on both sides of the ball, after the first quarter. I think I get the technical side of things or as we said in basketball the x's and o's. This site is a great help to me in that regard and over the years I feel like my football IQ has increased. Psychologically the Patriots are harder to read than woman right now. I periodically cuss under my breath at random points in the day because I replay or digest a particular play or get a mental picture of the Patriots body language and nonverbal communication and just get, dumbfounded. I just don't get it.

This season has been really interesting to me. I was an athlete my entire life playing basketball and baseball but I never played football. I coached basketball for over ten years and now I would be happy to never see a basketball again. However, football has always been my favorite sport. It fascinates me. It is tough being a Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins fan in New Mexico but above all it is very hard being a Pats fan. It is a weird area a lot of Cowboys fans and mysteriously a lot of Steeler and Raider fans as well. People here hate New England. I always have liked that because I hate people so it works out. Anyway I spend a lot of time talking/defending the Patriots especially at work (high school teacher). My point is after yesterday I have no idea how I feel. I don't know what to say and I am not really sure what is going on. This is odd to me because I can predict every play's outcome 3 seconds before the snap, on both sides of the ball, after the first quarter. I think I get the technical side of things or as we said in basketball the x's and o's. This site is a great help to me in that regard and over the years I feel like my football IQ has increased. Psychologically the Patriots are harder to read than woman right now. I periodically cuss under my breath at random points in the day because I replay or digest a particular play or get a mental picture of the Patriots body language and nonverbal communication and just get, dumbfounded. I just don't get it.

I am speechless. :)

I'm really pissed about this Miami loss, worse than the Colts loss.

Team should be 8-4 right now. There's a world of difference between 8-4 and 7-5.

8-4 means you still have hope to do something big (like, a playoff bye, host the AFCCG)

7-5 means you're sucking air, you're worried about making the playoffs, and you're on the road for two games before you get to the Super Bowl.

They let it slip right through their fingers.

I'm man enough to admit what I exactly did.... I cried like a girl. :cry2:

When the team lost to the Colts, I was devastated. Didn’t sleep and speak in whole sentences for days. The Saints loss I accepted and didn’t mind that much, but this one … I don’t know what to think. I actually feel sorry for Welker. He is the only one who is playing as the rest of the team ought to be playing.
On the other hand, I am optimistic so in my dreams the Patriots are playing the Saints in the SB and Welker is named the MVP. :)

I'm not angry at all, or very emotional. Just a little disappointed, but I've been a fan of too many crappy teams to lose it because the Pats didn't turn out as good as I hoped/thought they'd be.

I feel vindicated. I have been watching this organizational melt down since we lost the Superbowl to the Giants. We are slowing becoming the 2001 St. Louis Rams. We are allowing success to slip right through our hands because we are sticking with people and methods that no longer work.

We are still in the "Denial" stage of the death that is occurring to our team. If this team reverts to the ways of the past; Gillette Stadium will empty pretty quick.

I feel vindicated. I have been watching this organizational melt down since we lost the Superbowl to the Giants. We are slowing becoming the 2001 St. Louis Rams. We are allowing success to slip right through our hands because we are sticking with people and methods that no longer work.

We are still in the "Denial" stage of the death that is occurring to our team. If this team reverts to the ways of the past; Gillette Stadium will empty pretty quick.

Yeah, that explains how the team managed to go 11-5 last season with a QB that hadn't started since high school. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back