PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola hung up on Adam Jones during 98.5 radio interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody please link me to the "disrespectful" Bryan Stork interview?

I guess I missed it?!

.. as far as Danny goes, I'm not upset at him for hanging up. But, he did look like a little butt-hurt baby for that. I would at least tell the interviewer "dude, I'd rather not talk about that anymore, if that's OK", but it's not a big deal. I'd rather have him hang up then go on a verbal tangent.

I think he will be better this season from an efficiency and trust standpoint, but I won't mind if his stats are only slightly better than last season.

My hope is that we really spread the ball around and see production leaps from Dobson and Boyce.

Were they both supposed to be slot receivers?
They both are slot WRs.

Are you suggesting that if not for the groin injury Amendola would have had production like Welker? Which were 118 receptions, 1354 yards, and 6 touchdowns in 2012 so that means the groin injury resulted in a 64 reception, 721 yards, and 4 touchdown difference?

So, what injury specifically makes it difficult to cut and change direction quickly? Just pick one, I don't have time to make a multiple choice poll.

Are you suggesting that if not for the groin injury Amendola would have had production like Welker? Which were 118 receptions, 1354 yards, and 6 touchdowns in 2012 so that means the groin injury resulted in a 64 reception, 721 yards, and 4 touchdown difference?

Judging by his performance in the first half of game one last year I think he could have had those numbers if healthy. Also, yes an injury could result in that kind of difference. That is why its called an injury and players dont perform well.

Why wouldn't you think a significant groin injury would make that big a difference?

So, what injury specifically makes it difficult to cut and change direction quickly? Just pick one, I don't have time to make a multiple choice poll.
I think many injuries would make it difficult to change direction, especially lower body and leg injuries. I told you we can concede the injury for the sake of this discussion, that is fine the injury limited Amendola as you claim, so now I am asking what would Amendola had done if not for the injury and therefore what can I expect from a healthy Danny Amendola in 2014.

Judging by his performance in the first half of game one last year I think he could have had those numbers if healthy. Also, yes an injury could result in that kind of difference. That is why its called an injury and players dont perform well.

Why wouldn't you think a significant groin injury would make that big a difference?
So should I expect 118 receptions, 1354 yards, and 6 touchdowns from Amendola in 2014? Is that what you expect?

Essentially, you feel the groin injury made Amendola 45% of the player he is. That is a huge difference, more than double his output. Hey I hope it happens…

So should I expect 118 receptions, 1354 yards, and 6 touchdowns from Amendola in 2014? Is that what you expect?

Essentially, you feel the groin injury made Amendola 45% of the player he is.

Yes, just like Gronk was half Gronk with his injury. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Also, regarding your first question.

ca·pa·bil·i·ty
ˌkāpəˈbilitē/
noun
noun: capability
power or ability.

VS

ex·pec·ta·tion
ˌekspekˈtāSHən/
noun
noun: expectation; plural noun: expectations
a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future.
"

Yes, just like Gronk was half Gronk with his injury. Why is this so difficult for you to grasp?

Also, regarding your first question.

ca·pa·bil·i·ty
ˌkāpəˈbilitē/
noun
noun: capability
power or ability.

VS

ex·pec·ta·tion
ˌekspekˈtāSHən/
noun
noun: expectation; plural noun: expectations
a strong belief that something will happen or be the case in the future.
"
Gronkowski was not though, he played in 6 ½ games and he had 39 receptions, 592 yards, and 4 touchdowns.

If Tavon Wilson is recovered from his hamstring and knee injury, he could play as he did in week 1 of 2012 that means he will have 64 tackles, 16 interceptions, and 32 pass defends next season.

Gronkowski was not though, he played in 6 ½ games and he had 39 receptions, 592 yards, and 4 touchdowns.

If Tavon Wilson is recovered from his hamstring and knee injury, he could play as he did in week 1 of 2012 that means he will have 64 tackles, 16 interceptions, and 32 pass defends next season.

Ok, what is your point?

Ok, what is your point?
My point is Amendola had 2 very good games last season, and 2 very good games in 2012, to expect him to do that every week when he has never done it in his 6 seasons in the NFL seems like a lofty expectation.

My point is Amendola had 2 very good games last season, and 2 very good games in 2012, to expect him to do that every week when he has never done it in his 6 seasons in the NFL seems like a lofty expectation.

images

Essentially, you feel the groin injury made Amendola 45% of the player he is. That is a huge difference, more than double his output. Hey I hope it happens…

I hope not. The only bright side I saw in Welker leaving (and it wasn't very bright, but still) was that I hate it when Brady zeroes in on one or two guys. When he does that, the Pats will struggle against very good defenses. You can game-plan against one or two guys - BB is the king of that.

I don't want a 1,000 yard receiver on the team, honestly, especially if Boyce leaps in year two (as initial reports say he's playing much faster...I like that) and Dobson comes back healthy.

Part of why Amendola's numbers were low were due to his injury, without doubt. Another part was Brady zeroing in on Edelman - something that grew to almost ridiculous proportions, imo, when Amendola was out. You keep going to the AFCCG - in that game, Brady threw to a covered Slater while a wide-open Amendola would have had the first down. hard to fault the wide open receiver on that, sorry. And that was on the first series. Amendola seemed open quite a bit, and Brady didn't throw him the ball, which tells me that Amendola was low on the checkdown list in those instances and Brady had no time to check down that whole damned game. Again,y ou want to blame the receiver, go ahead. Seems like a cheap shot to me. So bad was it in that particular game that it led to a "Brady has lost confidence in DA" column by one of the local rabble-rousers - and this despite the fact that DA was a key part of beating up the Colts the week before.

Look at the uptick in Edelman's season when he managed to stay healthy - he TRIPLED his previous highs.

ps. Your Tavon Wilson comparisons are ridiculous. Wilson has never shown the ability to shine at his position.

Amendola has.

And for the record, I'm still rooting for Wilson - but then again, I tend to root for anybody BB thinks worthy of keeping on the roster. I also believe that most guys in the NFL can succeed if they put in the work AND are in a system that is favorable to their skill sets. Look at Revis in Tampa for what not to do, and look at Butler in Indy for what to do.

ps. Your Tavon Wilson comparisons are ridiculous. Wilson has never shown the ability to shine at his position.

Amendola has.

And for the record, I'm still rooting for Wilson - but then again, I tend to root for anybody BB thinks worthy of keeping on the roster. I also believe that most guys in the NFL can succeed if they put in the work AND are in a system that is favorable to their skill sets. Look at Revis in Tampa for what not to do, and look at Butler in Indy for what to do.
I actually disagree with you, I think in his rookie season Wilson did a number of things well, he made some mistakes but he showed promise, he had 41 tackles, 4 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, and 6 pass defends as a rookie playing less than 50% of the team’s defensive snaps. If you want to hold out hope for Amendola who entered the league as an UDFA and is entering his 7th NFL season to do something he has never done, I do not see anything ridiculous in my suggesting Tavon Wilson a 2nd round pick entering just his 3rd NFL season can have a great season.

I don't want a 1,000 yard receiver on the team, honestly, especially if Boyce leaps in year two (as initial reports say he's playing much faster...I like that) and Dobson comes back healthy.

I have the same aspirations, which is why I do not understand why we cannot not accept that Danny Amendola is a 60-70 receptions, 600-700 yards, 3-4 touchdown receiver that was overpaid in free agency but still offers production to this team. Instead there is this insistence that some switch is going to flip and Amendola is going to become Welker, and I do not ever see that happening for a magnitude of reason, mainly because he is fragile and unlucky with injuries.

Part of why Amendola's numbers were low were due to his injury, without doubt. Another part was Brady zeroing in on Edelman - something that grew to almost ridiculous proportions, imo, when Amendola was out. You keep going to the AFCCG - in that game, Brady threw to a covered Slater while a wide-open Amendola would have had the first down. hard to fault the wide open receiver on that, sorry. And that was on the first series. Amendola seemed open quite a bit, and Brady didn't throw him the ball, which tells me that Amendola was low on the checkdown list in those instances and Brady had no time to check down that whole damned game. Again,y ou want to blame the receiver, go ahead. Seems like a cheap shot to me. So bad was it in that particular game that it led to a "Brady has lost confidence in DA" column by one of the local rabble-rousers - and this despite the fact that DA was a key part of beating up the Colts the week before.

Why was Amendola so low on the checklist though? That is the question, he was targeted 1 time and that resulted in a drop, actually after the play at the end of the Dolphins game in week 15 that Amendola was unable to bring in Brady went back to Amendola a total of 12 times in 4 games. I am curious why that is the case, I am also curious to why if the team felt Amendola was the player you and others feel he is why they would resign Edelman, sign LaFell (who operated out of the slot 63% of the time last season), and draft Jeremy Gallon. I do not think Belichick is as comfortable saying that if he is healthy Amendola will excel as you are.

Look at the uptick in Edelman's season when he managed to stay healthy - he TRIPLED his previous highs.

You cannot compare Edelman exceling in his first season receiving starter reps to a player who has been the #1 target on his team for the past 5 years.

I haven't posted in this thread today. Did I miss anything? Nope?

Ok, carry on.

They have a job to do; it puts food on their table and clothes on their family’s backs they do not deserve to be disrespected for trying to do that job. I find many of the media to be annoying and uneducated but I do not hold them attempting to do their job against them and I am not going to advocate that players, fans, or any person should disrespect these people. The questions Jones asked were 100% reasonable and his method in asking them was not abrasive or offensive, it was a line of questioning that was leading to something when Amendola overacted and hung up the phone.

Just because a job puts food on the table doesn't mean that it's respectable or above reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST