PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola hung up on Adam Jones during 98.5 radio interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rate this as No. 9,999,999,999,999,999,000 on the list of things I care about.

Well, there's what you get when a reporter asks the "tough questions" that were discussed at length on here yesterday. Amendola made it clear he had no intention of giving a real answer, Jones kept pushing anyway, and Amendola decided enough was enough. It's what Belichick would do all the time if he were allowed to leave in the middle of a press conference.

I could understand a few questions about football and even the injuries, but if Amendola was on the show with the understanding that he was promoting a charity event.. then the host was being an ass. Amendola is not in politics. He doesn't owe any of us any explanation.

That Boston.com article is so smarmy. Adam Kaufman should apologize for writing such a crappy article.

Last edited:
"It could be that he feared a question was coming about offseason trade and cut rumors."

Yeah, those rumors WHOLLY created by a few sportswriters/broadcasters desperate to stir a pot. Self-important a-holes.

I'm assuming that there was an understanding to promote the charity event, with DA answering a basic question or two.

I think I'd probably by getting fed up with all of the injury talk as well. There's not much you can do about it, despite the strength and conditioning advice from gymrat.

Hell---if he saw 1/10th of the posts made by Brady6 in the past year, he's probably got his bags packed and sitting by the door already anyway ;)

I'm assuming that there was an understanding to promote the charity event, with DA answering a basic question or two.

I think I'd probably by getting fed up with all of the injury talk as well. There's not much you can do about it, despite the strength and conditioning advice from gymrat.

Hell---if he saw 1/10th of the posts made by Brady6 in the past year, he's probably got his bags packed and sitting by the door already anyway ;)

I actually like it. Amendola is in a situation where putting himself out there is not a good thing and while i can see him doing it in relation to charitable causes he is involved in he should not be the guy going on weekly radio shows or running his mouth, he should just work his ass off and try to have the best season he can, and if that works out then take it from there, but commercials or any other visibility should be limited and his play will have to speak for itself. this is a really big year in his career, another season on the sidelines and he''s got big trouble, whereas a big season with team achievments could set it all right for him. If his "interview" with Curran is any indication then he gets it completely, as it was the ultimate no comment interview and Curran is one of his staunchest backers.....

Personally i think Amendola is a really talented player, and if he stays healthy this season it is going to be a huge boost for them.

I think I would have hung up as well if I were in Amendola too, Jones asked him the same question with different verbiage repeatedly.

I am not as down on Amendola as I was previously, I had an opportunity to watch some of his Rams tape during the offseason and he does offer intrigue for sure if healthy. I still do not believe that he is going to be a 120 reception and 1200 yard receiver like Welker but I do believe he can contribute at a high level.

Last edited:
Good for him.

The vultures will need to look for other road kill.

Last edited:
Good for Danny. Jones wouldnt get off the topic, and DA was clearly their to promote his charity. Jones as his job to do, but it was apparent after the second question he wasn't going to get much from DA. That's when a good interviewer would move on, ask about this upcoming season, and give him a chance to plug his charity. Instead he gets hung up on a pre recorded interview.

But I guess that's why "PAC man" Jones is probably on the worst shift in radio. He's a Felger wannabe.

The guy doing the interview seems rather smug, self-righteous and matter-of-fact. Just a ****ty personality. Then he tries to make a comedy show out of it after the fact with his frat-guy college co-workers. Then drums up sympathy for his side by "plugging" DA's charity.....If I was Amendola I would have done the exact same thing...

I could understand a few questions about football and even the injuries, but if Amendola was on the show with the understanding that he was promoting a charity event.. then the host was being an ass. Amendola is not in politics. He doesn't owe any of us any explanation.

That Boston.com article is so smarmy. Adam Kaufman should apologize for writing such a crappy article.

Kauffman is Adam Jones' co-host/news guy. There is a serious conflict of interest in his blog post that he doesn't point out. Not stating this conflict in his blog piece (not everyone knows this) is a journalistic no-no. Not only does his taking Jone's side on the incident come into question, it also questions whether he is posting this to draw attention to his own show. I know that his bio on the right of the page says he works on 98.5 the Sports Hub, but nowhere does it say he is on the Adam Jones Show.

98.5 is making a bigger deal of this than it really is. It wasn't that big of a deal. I agree with the sentiment that Amendola was going on the show to promote a charity event and there is an unwritten rule on these things that the host isn't supposed to be doing a really hard hitting interview. You can ask some real questions, but it should be like the way Jones was hitting him with question after question about his injury history. One question was legit.

BTW, I bet Belichick gave Amendola an "attaboy" after he heard about the incident.

I guess I have a different take on it. I get concerned when someone can be "taken off his game" that easily. He's obviously sensitive to criticism. Now that there's blood in the water, I can see the media going after him if he doesn't perform or gets nicked up. He's shown a vulnerability that people love to exploit. He should have laughed it off, plugged his charity, and just not go on there again. He has to have known that people have been talking about his injuries. He has to be more professional than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News