PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amendola hung up on Adam Jones during 98.5 radio interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was this thread even stated? Dosent seem very thread worthy to me. Maybe we can start a thread every time Tom Brady swears at the top of his lungs at training camp or practice when all the little kids can hear it.

Bad Tom!!! Bad!

Brady swore at a bunch of little kids? Oh oh.

Brady swore at a bunch of little kids? Oh oh.
I read on PFT that Brady screamed, "Get the f*** out of my way, you little bastards!". Or something like that. I'm pretty sure I read it on PFT...or maybe it was on PFF...I think...maybe it was someone else...I'm not sure...

100% spot on. It's the most ridiculous, illegitimate practice employed anywhere by anyone with statistical data.
Well in the context of trying to project stats it would make a lot of sense if you ask me, if Amendola had 357 yards in 3 games and 276 yards in the other 9 games. If you are trying to project how he is going to do with 16 games instead of 12 games how do you determine what player you are going to get the one who averaged 119 yards a game in 3 games or the player who averaged 30 yards per game in 9 games.

Do you know what an anomaly is? Like Shane Vereen’s 12 reception 153 yard game against the Browns, would you account for that happening again if I told you to project his stats over 16 games?
Considering anomalies when review data is legitimate.

Why was this thread even stated? Dosent seem very thread worthy to me. Maybe we can start a thread every time Tom Brady swears at the top of his lungs at training camp or practice when all the little kids can hear it.

Bad Tom!!! Bad!
You’ve posted more times in this thread than you have any other this calendar year. It seems worthy of your time.

You’ve posted more times in this thread than you have any other this calendar year. It seems worthy of your time.

"Let me ask you something." "What kind of car does this guy drive?"

burtreynolds-tv3.jpg

Maybe it is worth my time to point out that this thread might be another part of your Danny Amendola witch hunt? Nahhh, I think its pretty obvious to everyone.

Well in the context of trying to project stats it would make a lot of sense if you ask me, if Amendola had 357 yards in 3 games and 276 yards in the other 9 games. If you are trying to project how he is going to do with 16 games instead of 12 games how do you determine what player you are going to get the one who averaged 119 yards a game in 3 games or the player who averaged 30 yards per game in 9 games.

Do you know what an anomaly is? Like Shane Vereen’s 12 reception 153 yard game against the Browns, would you account for that happening again if I told you to project his stats over 16 games?

Theoretically, if one were to discount his 3 best games as anomalies, it would seem to require that one throw out his 3 worst games as anomalies, as well. Of course, statistically speaking, all of this is skewed because of the existence of variables such as Amendola's different degrees of health from game to game. But, you can't simply discount his 3 best games and then suggest that your statistics minus those 3 games feature validity. They don't and you shouldn't pretend they do.

Look at Amendola’s game log over the past 2 seasons, he has 2-3 games a year that are very good, even great, and then the rest of the games are mediocre and even bad in some cases.

Sun 9/8- 10 receptions, 104 yards
Sun 10/6- 4 receptions, 55 yards
Sun 10/13- 2 receptions, 0 yards
Sun 10/27- 3 receptions, 15 yards
Sun 11/3- 4 receptions, 122 yards
Mon 11/18- 6 receptions, 45 yards
Sun 11/24- 3 receptions, 17 yards
Sun 12/1- 5 receptions, 54 yards
Sun 12/8- 4 receptions, 36 yards
Sun 12/15- 10 receptions, 131 yards
Sun 12/22- 2 receptions, 45 yards
Sun 12/29- 1 receptions, 9 yards
Sat 1/11- 3 receptions, 77 yards
Sun 1/19- 0 receptions, 0 yards

Sun 9/9- 5 receptions, 70 yards
Sun 9/16- 15 receptions, 160 yards
Sun 9/23- 5 receptions, 66 yards
Sun 9/30- 6 receptions, 55 yards
Thu 10/4- 1 receptions, 44 yards
Sun 11/11- 11 receptions, 102 yards
Sun 11/18- 7 receptions, 41 yards
Sun 11/25- 1 receptions, 38 yards
Sun 12/16- 6 receptions, 58 yards
Sun 12/23- 2 receptions, 5 yards
Sun 12/30- 4 receptions, 27 yards

Theoretically, if one were to discount his 3 best games as anomalies, it would seem to require that one throw out his 3 worst games as anomalies, as well. Of course, statistically speaking, all of this is skewed because of the existence of variables such as Amendola's different degrees of health from game to game. But, you can't simply discount his 3 best games and then suggest that your statistics minus those 3 games feature validity. They don't and you shouldn't pretend they do.
Ok I did that I removed the 3 best games and the 3 worst games, that left him with 6 games during which he had 24 receptions for 252 yards, which over 16 games projects to 64 receptions and 672 yards.

Maybe we are all simply overthinking the timing of Amendola's hangup?

Windhoak anyone? :beer:

Last edited:
Ok, so he is inconsistent, injury prone, and overreacts when asked questions he does not like.

Anything else?

I have to admit, this thread has gone from idiotic to awesome. I'm going to give it a 5.

Could have fooled me. I thought it went from idiotic to pathologically ridiculous. OP got butt hurt from a media douch getting hung up on and then spends the next umpteen gajillion posts defending his butt hurt. We get it, you're butt hurt. Go take a Midol and get over it.

Maybe it is worth my time to point out that this thread might be another part of your Danny Amendola witch hunt? Nahhh, I think its pretty obvious to everyone.
You are so right; I am a horrible person out to destroy Danny Amendola how dare I refer to him as wide receiver who is going to have 60-70 receptions and 600-700 yards in the NFL. I mean that is just an awful thing to say about any football player. Obviously I must hate Danny Amendola, how can that go without being noticed, I mean I label him to catch more passes for more yards than 75% of NFL WRs, that SCREAMS HATE!!

You are so right; I am a horrible person out to destroy Danny Amendola how dare I refer to him as wide receiver who is going to have 60-70 receptions and 600-700 yards in the NFL. I mean that is just an awful thing to say about any football player. Obviously I must hate Danny Amendola, how can that go without being noticed, I mean I label him to catch more passes for more yards than 75% of NFL WRs, that SCREAMS HATE!!

images

Could have fooled me. I thought it went from idiotic to pathologically ridiculous. OP got butt hurt from a media douch getting hung up on and then spends the next umpteen gajillion posts defending his butt hurt. We get it, you're butt hurt. Go take a Midol and get over it.
Click on the thread NOW!

13.bmp

Ok I did that I removed the 3 best games and the 3 worst games, that left him with 6 games during which he had 24 receptions for 252 yards, which over 16 games projects to 64 receptions and 672 yards.
Once again, you weren't able to account for critical variables such as health, and even if you were able to, a sample size of 6 games strikes me as way too small to achieve validity. We could go around and around on this merry-go-round and if you have the time to do so, I'm envious because I don't - and I'm retired.

Once again, you weren't able to account for critical variables such as health, and even if you were able to, a sample size of 6 games strikes me as way too small to achieve validity. We could go around and around on this merry-go-round and if you have the time to do so, I'm envious because I don't - and I'm retired.
I said Amendola is a 600-700 yards receiver; I am not sure why we would go around in around when I can just look at his 6 year NFL career and see –

2008 – Practice squad
2009 – 326 yards
2010 – 689 yards
2011 – 45 yards
2012 – 666 yards
2013 – 633 yards

I am having a hard time seeing how my claim is in dispute by anyone; he has never had more than 689 yards in any NFL season. Oh wait it is that 7th year leap NFL players always make right?

Click on the thread NOW!

13.bmp

Unfortunately I have read this entire discourse and your obsession with all things DA is well known and is no longer just pathetic but close to manic. I can only surmise from reading this thread that you have a love for Jones and are pissed over the fact that the target of all you obsess over was the one that did the dissing. Hence my suggestion still stands. Take the Midol.

OT but...after days of this insanity, I went out shopping at the Christmas Tree Shoppe and found THIS beauty on sale....I bought six of them as a memento of this thread...

KasselBlackForestCuckooClock2500X800HHCC2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing