PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one really disgusted by Brady Quinn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it disgust you when other athletes (either current players or top draft picks) do the exact same thing..? Or is Brady Quinn the only special one to incur your criticism...?

It disgusts me when any of them charge money. Doesn't mean they don't have the right to though.

You have nothing to worry about. Definitely a lock for a top 10 pick.

The Browns might end up with the worst record in football. They soooooooooooo overpaid to draft Quinn. Remember, they play in the AFC.

Yeah, I never understood this, "Sure I was drafted at 22, but I should have been drafted third overall, so I should get third money" bullcrap. SIgn where you are slotted. If you suddenly become a superstar, then work on a raise. Brady did. Delhomme did. But the fact is that he was drafted 22nd, not third.

The thing is, if he holds out, he is worth less, not more, because if he doesn't get reps to start training camp, he isn't going to get them if he comes in a couple weeks late, and his career is bumped back a year.

Well, it's the Brown's problem.

:agree:

Good post.... my thoughts, in a nutshell... folks say that the NFL is a microism of our overall society.... I hope not. Up my way, folks start small and build on their proven results.... they also, "play out their contracts" though.... so if the business of the NFL is the way of the world, I'm glad it's not the way up here in NH.

Donovan

:agree:

Good post.... my thoughts, in a nutshell... folks say that the NFL is a microism of our overall society.... I hope not. Up my way, folks start small and build on their proven results.... they also, "play out their contracts" though.... so if the business of the NFL is the way of the world, I'm glad it's not the way up here in NH.

Donovan

i thought pelham, NH was a hotbed for drugs, sex, and crime. jk :)

I initially believed that the Browns would finish at the bottom of the NFL this season. But I'm starting to think they may surprise and eek out 6-8 wins. Not enough to save Romeo's job, but enough to save Savage's, and screw the Cowboys.

Those who think Notre Dame is snobbish and love BC have no personal experience with either program IMHO. I've got experience with both and I can tell you personally that BC is the snobbiest program I've ever encountered. Some of you might not agree but there's a difference between perception and reality. BC is probably the most politically motivated school out there. That being said, Quinn is overrated. lol

I'd venture to say the Patriots care not one whit what Quinn does or doesn't do. They've already got the slot for Meriweather. To say Quinn has anything to do with this isn't consistent with the way the team operates. If Meriweather's agent is even remotely linking any compensation influence on Meriweather relative to Quinn's status, the team will basically tell him to pound sand.

care to explain why he won't be that good.

just my opinion. as I explained before, i have a bad taste left in my mouth from guys like Aaron Rogers who also dropped a lot in the draft.
personal opinion, i think he underperformed in college and will in the nfl. it's more of a hunch and an inkling that he won't play well.

Last edited:
I dont hate ND, I just don't seem to buy into the NBC-driven theory that they are the end-all be-all in college football. I used to root for them because their school has a French name, but after a while, I started to root against them.

NBC is the home of the Notre Dame Football games. What do you expect from them. It would be like NESN not being bias to the Red Sox.

ND rules!!!

just my opinion. as I explained before, i have a bad taste left in my mouth from guys like Aaron Rogers who also dropped a lot in the draft.
personal opinion, i think he underperformed in college and will in the nfl. it's more of a hunch and an inkling that he won't play well.

that's cool. I think he played better as a junior than a senior. but i will say this, they did not have much of a team last year at ND, so i think that had something to do with it.

that's cool. I think he played better as a junior than a senior. but i will say this, they did not have much of a team last year at ND, so i think that had something to do with it.

good points. there was a lot of heisman hype built up about him before the season began. The expectation gap has gotten to me. But if football worked out the way it should and was soundly predictable, it wouldn't be nearly as great to watch. Maybe he'll be good or even special

Last edited:
NBC is the home of the Notre Dame Football games. What do you expect from them. It would be like NESN not being bias to the Red Sox.

ND rules!!!

I guess NBC enjoys telecasting games of a team that is usually an also-ran. They should dump the Fraudulant Irish and pick up a team like Florida, IMHO. I find it funny that people are here feel it is their duty to support Notre Dame. Why? Because the are called the "Irish"?? LOL.

ND rules? Rules what? They haven't won a bowl game since Clinton was president.

I guess NBC enjoys telecasting games of a team that is usually an also-ran.
Yes, NBC enjoys the high ratings they get from broadcasting the #1 draw in college football. There are, I believe, 110 Div 1-A teams. About 107 of them are "usually an also ran."
They should dump the Fraudulant Irish and pick up a team like Florida, IMHO.
You don't seem to know how TV contracts and college conferences operate.
I find it funny that people are here feel it is their duty to support Notre Dame. Why? Because the are called the "Irish"?? LOL.
And I find it hilarious how so many people bash and bash and bash Notre Dame, without reason, and then when called out on it reply with "Who me..? No, I don't hate Notre Dame. Whyever would you say such a thing..?"
Tell us all again how you don't hate Notre Dame... we need the laugh... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok, how about naming a great QB to come out of ND besides Theisman and Montana?

Um, regarding having to play 400 years to have 198 QB's, you do realize that teams often have more than one QB on the roster, right? Considering every QB they bring in there is a 5 star recruit out of high school, funny how they can't seem to get anyone to stick in the NFL.

ND itself is overrated, but nothing is more overrated than a QB from Notre Dame. Heck, who was the last ND QB to beat Boston College let alone succeed in the NFL?

I realize lots of things, Jacky. Like how much of a fraud you are.

1) While there is more than 1 QB on a college roster, many times 4-7, how many of them are the starter? If they aren't the starter, how can they be over-rated?

2) Not every QB Notre Dame brings in is a 5 star recruit out of high school. That is YOUR claim, but not reality.

3) Its been acknowledged that Notre Dame isn't known for producing QBs. Heck, considering the number of QBs that actually play in the NFL, a school having more than 2 or 3 QUALITY starters is probably pretty rare. Probably less than 10% of the D1 schools if I had to guess.

4) What does it matter who the last ND QB to beat Boston College was? Its already been established that Notre Dame isn't known for producing QBs.

I guess NBC enjoys telecasting games of a team that is usually an also-ran. They should dump the Fraudulant Irish and pick up a team like Florida, IMHO. I find it funny that people are here feel it is their duty to support Notre Dame. Why? Because the are called the "Irish"?? LOL.

Lots of teams haven't won Bowl Games since Clinton was President. Hell, the Dolphins and Jets haven't won a SB since Nixon was president. There are Pro Teams who have NEVER won a SB. Yet the league still televises them.

Its about the MONEY.

OH and Notre Dame is either 1st or 2nd to Michigan when it comes to the most popular games year in and year out.

Well, gee, I guess I can't be as tough and macho as you because I don't have a quote from a big macho he-man movie in my sig... :rolleyes: Nevertheless... do you think "your" smart? "Your" not. (Sic.)
Oh, gee, I'm sorry... I thought this was an open forum... I didn't realize this was the "Everyone agree with SeanBruschi even though he doesn't know what he's talking about" forum... I must have missed the official renaming...

You're such a piece of trash is unbelievable.

Talking about my sig? Um... i'm not named after a Star Wars character with a stupid Star Wars Character as my avatar. Sorry you think im tough and macho its because i am. Just like i know your a nerd now.

Welcome to my ****list.

Last edited:
Now, can someone PLEASE post what Quinn's supposedly outrageous contract demands are? I asked earlier and SeanBruschi didn't answer.

Now, can someone PLEASE post what Quinn's supposedly outrageous contract demands are? I asked earlier and SeanBruschi didn't answer.

I missed it.

Reportedly Quinn and Condon are asking for at least what the 10th overall pick was paid.

Okoye was paid 17.6 million over 6 years so Quinn and Condon want something reportedly close to that over 5 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back