PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the only one really disgusted by Brady Quinn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all why the attitude do you think your tough? Your not.
Well, gee, I guess I can't be as tough and macho as you because I don't have a quote from a big macho he-man movie in my sig... :rolleyes: Nevertheless... do you think "your" smart? "Your" not. (Sic.)
Did you see the money hes asking for? No, then dont but in.
Oh, gee, I'm sorry... I thought this was an open forum... I didn't realize this was the "Everyone agree with SeanBruschi even though he doesn't know what he's talking about" forum... I must have missed the official renaming...

Last edited:
And if I'm the Browns, I counter it with the argument "Well, if we didn't trade up to get you, you would have fallen to the second round, so we're going to pay you like a second rounder."
Except everyone knows that's not true. If the Browns honestly believed he was falling to the 2nd round, why did they trade up to get him..?

Once Quinn got past Miami (widely seen as an idiotic move on Miami's part), everyone knew he was going to fall but Cleveland knew he probably doesn't get past KC, hence they traded up.
Quinn comes off as a very spoiled kid who's been coddled from "go". After sitting and crying on draft day, you would think he'd sign early, get in camp, and prove everybody made a mistake by passing on him. Right now, the message is "I know I'm not very good, and a bit of a fraud, so I'd better get as much as I can now."
So far Quinn hasn't done anything that hasn't happened every single year by other top draft picks. Last year, at this time, was Leinart saying "I know I'm not very good, and a bit of a fraud, so I'd better get as much as I can now." Or is that a different situation?

How about we reserve judgement and wait to see how things play out..?

By the way... just out of curiousity... why do you hate Notre Dame so much..?

Last edited:
The words "Notre Dame quarterback" and "overrated" are synonymous 99% of the time. Quinn is an overrated punk who will do nothing in the NFL.

The words "Notre Dame quarterback" and "overrated" are synonymous 99% of the time. Quinn is an overrated punk who will do nothing in the NFL.
Just out of curiousity.... why do you hate Notre Dame so much...?

I am decidedly ambivalent towards Notre Dame.

In case you were setting up to take a poll.

First of all why the attitude do you think your tough? Your not.

Did you see the money hes asking for? No, then dont but in.

So, why don't you stop your quibbling and SAY what the money is that he's asking for. Also, why don't you give the DETAILS since you implied that he was asking for more money later in the contract than he was upfront.

Except everyone knows that's not true. If the Browns honestly believed he was falling to the 2nd round, why did they trade up to get him..?

Once Quinn got past Miami (widely seen as an idiotic move on Miami's part), everyone knew he was going to fall but Cleveland knew he probably doesn't get past KC, hence they traded up.

KC Had their QB of the future in Croyle, who I guarantee will have a better career than Quinn. I think it's rather obvious that neither Miami or Philadelphia thought he was a first round talent, and preferred Beck and Kolb respectively. Maybe a team like Carolina would have traded up to get him. Otherwise I think the earliest he possibly goes is to Baltimore at #29. There's an excellent chance the Browns could have taken him at #36.

So far Quinn hasn't done anything that hasn't happened every single year by other top draft picks. Last year, at this time, was Leinart saying "I know I'm not very good, and a bit of a fraud, so I'd better get as much as I can now." Or is that a different situation?

It's a different situation because Leinhart wasn't looking to be paid as the #6 pick, or wherever he thought he might go. As I remember it, and I could be wrong, is that he was looking for some creative ways to make more money through off-field marketing and such.

By the way... just out of curiousity... why do you hate Notre Dame so much..?

Because they're a set of devil-worshipping know-nothing Holier than thou trolls. Seriously, grow up. I'm the second person on this thread whom you've accused of hating Notre Dame simply because I think Quinn's being unreasonable.

And if I'm the Browns, I counter it with the argument "Well, if we didn't trade up to get you, you would have fallen to the second round, so we're going to pay you like a second rounder." See if that knocks some sense to him. Kellen Winslow played this game his rookie year also. Saying he should be paid the same as the overall #1 pick because there were some teams that reportedly thought he was the best player in the draft.

Quinn comes off as a very spoiled kid who's been coddled from "go". After sitting and crying on draft day, you would think he'd sign early, get in camp, and prove everybody made a mistake by passing on him. Right now, the message is "I know I'm not very good, and a bit of a fraud, so I'd better get as much as I can now."

As others have pointed out, Condon is his agent. And it could be CONDON who is keeping a deal from getting done. The best thing that could happen to Quinn right now is for Weis to put Ben Watson in touch with Quinn so Quinn can get the low down on Condon.

As for Quinn being a fraud, I think you are fooling yourself. The same with the idea that Quinn is spoiled. What facts do you have to support these theories of yours?

Are you saying that Quinn is spoiled because Goodell made the decision to move Quinn out of the Green Room into his private suite during the draft? Quinn didn't have the same quality team that JaMarcus Russell had or that Matt Leinhart had. Quinn's O-line was mediocre to slighly above average. He had good WRs and a half decent RB. The defense wasn't exactly great with only a couple of good players. This is still a team sport and Quinn can only do so much. But even the BEST players have a bad game. All you have to do is look at Brady against Miami or the Jets last year. Or Manning against the Pats in 2004.

Lets be realistic. If the Phins had a decent GM, Quinn would have gone at 9, not fallen to 22 for the Browns to move up and get.

WOW. Really... 99% of the time, huh? Well, You had Montana and you had Theismann. Could you please name the other 198 QBs that were over-rated by people to support your statement? Heck, I didn't realize that Notre Dame had been playing football for almost 400 years to have had 198 QBs who could have even been considered for the NFL.

As others have pointed out, Condon is his agent. And it could be CONDON who is keeping a deal from getting done. The best thing that could happen to Quinn right now is for Weis to put Ben Watson in touch with Quinn so Quinn can get the low down on Condon.

As difficult as Condon can be, I have to believe it's the player pulling the strings.

As for Quinn being a fraud, I think you are fooling yourself. The same with the idea that Quinn is spoiled. What facts do you have to support these theories of yours?

Are you saying that Quinn is spoiled because Goodell made the decision to move Quinn out of the Green Room into his private suite during the draft? Quinn didn't have the same quality team that JaMarcus Russell had or that Matt Leinhart had. Quinn's O-line was mediocre to slighly above average. He had good WRs and a half decent RB. The defense wasn't exactly great with only a couple of good players. This is still a team sport and Quinn can only do so much. But even the BEST players have a bad game. All you have to do is look at Brady against Miami or the Jets last year. Or Manning against the Pats in 2004.

No, no, no. I'm saying that's the impression I get from his actions. To me that's what it looks like when someone who hasn't proven anything is holdling out to get some money commensurate with what he would've been paid in an alternate universe, whereas someone confident in his abilities would get into camp, try to win the starter's job, and prove 20 franchises made the wrong decision. I've never met Brady Quinn, so I don't know if he's spoiled. He might be a great guy. My impression has nothing to do with draft day, which I thought was a great move by Goodell.

Lets be realistic. If the Phins had a decent GM, Quinn would have gone at 9, not fallen to 22 for the Browns to move up and get.

We don't know this. Several GMs reportedly felt that Quinn was overrated. Some admitted having Stanton rated higher. The consensus as far as I can tell was that Quinn isn't an elite 1st round talent, and that he would have been, at best, the fourth QB taken last year. It could turn out that Beck is the better player and the Dolphins GM is a genius. Not that I think Ginn was a good pick at all. Of course, Beck can be a perennial all-pro, Quinn can be playing arenaball in three years, and the Miami Ron Borges will still insist that he was right at the time, and the GM was wrong. I actually think the Phins made a great move getting Beck in the second as opposed to Quinn at #9. I think they f'ed up using the pick on Ginn, however.

Last edited:
WOW. Really... 99% of the time, huh? Well, You had Montana and you had Theismann. Could you please name the other 198 QBs that were over-rated by people to support your statement? Heck, I didn't realize that Notre Dame had been playing football for almost 400 years to have had 198 QBs who could have even been considered for the NFL.

Ok, how about naming a great QB to come out of ND besides Theisman and Montana?

Um, regarding having to play 400 years to have 198 QB's, you do realize that teams often have more than one QB on the roster, right? Considering every QB they bring in there is a 5 star recruit out of high school, funny how they can't seem to get anyone to stick in the NFL.

ND itself is overrated, but nothing is more overrated than a QB from Notre Dame. Heck, who was the last ND QB to beat Boston College let alone succeed in the NFL?

I dont hate ND, I just don't seem to buy into the NBC-driven theory that they are the end-all be-all in college football. I used to root for them because their school has a French name, but after a while, I started to root against them.

I dont hate ND,
Ah yes... the mantra of those who hate Notre Dame... In fact, that's the official motto of the We-Hate-Notre-Dame-Club... "I don't hate Notre Dame, what are you talking about..?"

It's a different situation because Leinhart wasn't looking to be paid as the #6 pick, or wherever he thought he might go. As I remember it, and I could be wrong, is that he was looking for some creative ways to make more money through off-field marketing and such.
How in the world would "creative ways to make more money through off-field marketing" lead him to holdout from the Cardinals' training camp...? Seriously... how would any of that affect negotiations with the team...?

Fact is Leinart held out because he wanted more money from the team. As always happens, a compromise was eventually reached. In Leinart's case, he reported early enough that it didn't hurt him one bit.
Because they're a set of devil-worshipping know-nothing Holier than thou trolls. Seriously, grow up. I'm the second person on this thread whom you've accused of hating Notre Dame simply because I think Quinn's being unreasonable.
Yup... sure.... Quinn's being unreasonable... but when Leinart did the same thing... well, to quote you, "it's a different situation"...

Last edited:
Ah yes... the mantra of those who hate Notre Dame... In fact, that's the official motto of the We-Hate-Notre-Dame-Club... "I don't hate Notre Dame, what are you talking about..?"

Let me say this, ND has never done anything to me personally so "hate" doesn't really apply. Do I root for them to lose every game? yes. Do I think they are the most overrated team in America? yes. Do I laugh lustily when they fail? yes.

Let me say this, ND has never done anything to me personally so "hate" doesn't really apply. Do I root for them to lose every game? yes. Do I think they are the most overrated team in America? yes. Do I laugh lustily when they fail? yes.
Oh, well gee... I guess you don't really have a hatred of them... boy you sure showed me... :rolleyes:

Yeah... Brady Quinn really should compromise himself and settle for less money so that other 1st rounders get signed in time. Because that should be his priority... not his contract and his team, but all the other 1st rounders.... :rolleyes:

Damn we could have used you in the Asante thread. :p

Yeah, I never understood this, "Sure I was drafted at 22, but I should have been drafted third overall, so I should get third money" bullcrap. SIgn where you are slotted. If you suddenly become a superstar, then work on a raise. Brady did. Delhomme did. But the fact is that he was drafted 22nd, not third.

The thing is, if he holds out, he is worth less, not more, because if he doesn't get reps to start training camp, he isn't going to get them if he comes in a couple weeks late, and his career is bumped back a year.

Well, it's the Brown's problem.

I've never understood that about the rookie scale. I remember when the Raiders were their usual ******ed self and drafted Sebastian Drugakowski in the first round, and then didn't want to pay him 1st round money cuz, well, they said he was a kicker. HUH? But you drafted him in the first round!

Quinn dropped and he should be paid according to his slot.

BTW, the Browns so overpaid for his pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft