PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Am I the Only Homer Who's a Little Nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our most successful runs in general have been out of the shotgun.

And, I am sure that many of us can also say, some of the least successful

Obviously, some of you do not get the point. Oh well, such is life.

I guess that those with 30,000 posts know more than those with 80.

Give me a week to catch up. :)

Last edited:

I apologize if I am missing the point.

I think like many things, different people will see things differently.

I'm looking at it the same way as last season, build up to the play-offs and see where they can go from there. I have high expectations for this team but they have been tempered a little bit by how young they decided to go. I like the approach but they obviously need to be right in their roster choices. I think Belichick likes what they are working with and believes he can round this team into form by December, and that they will be much better off long term if he's right. I like the gamble and believe they have a really good shot of being there in February.

all teams run plays to set up other plays later in the game...all fans complain about these plays because they aren't successful...yet the success is measured when the defense bites on a certain look that they stuffed before...and get hit with good gain...the object is to win the game not win every play.

Hey! Pass the smaaht pills.

all teams run plays to set up other plays later in the game...all fans complain about these plays because they aren't successful...yet the success is measured when the defense bites on a certain look that they stuffed before...and get hit with good gain...the object is to win the game not win every play.

Preach it, brother Joker!

I apologize if I am missing the point.

I think like many things, different people will see things differently.

As is oftentimes said, if all people agreed with each other all the time, this would be a boring freaking world. Or something like that. :D

Oh, and apology accepted. :rocker:

Last edited:
I was nervous when Joe Kapp was out QB.

I was nervous when Joe Kapp was out QB.

heh...not me... I was DRUNK....
danceup.gif

I hope the Patriot players are not as overconfident as their fans.

First game of the season. We have a young unproven LT and other injured OL. We have a young defense coming off an awful year. This is the home opening game for Titans.

I don't think this game is a given. We should win on paper. But games don't get played on paper.

I suspect the Patriots will MAKE us nervous 'til about halfway through the fourth quarter. The Titans defense is tough enough to keep it close, especially with our unsettled offensive line. It'll be close, the Pats will win.

I suspect the Patriots will MAKE us nervous 'til about halfway through the fourth quarter. The Titans defense is tough enough to keep it close, especially with our unsettled offensive line. It'll be close, the Pats will win.
In 2011 the Titans Defense were ranked as follows;

Code:
[B]Unit            Amount    Rank[/B]
Points          317       8
Yards           5682      18
Sacks           28        31
Forced Fumbles  13        17
Interceptions   14        17
Tackles         1025      22

Looking at the ranks, the Titans Defense appears to be middle of the road. They're not particularly outstanding at anything. Furthermore, the Titans Defense lost William Hayes, Jason Jones, Cortland Finnegan and Chris Hope whilst adding Kamerion Wimbley and drafting (and who have stuck) Zach Brown (OLB), Mike Martin (DT), Coty Sensabaugh (DB) and Scott Solomon (DE). Outside of Wimbley they're largely rookie and depth options.

With the greatest respect to Tennessee, that Defense in name shouldn't be able to contain Brady and the Offense. The question is will the Patriots Defense contain the Titans Offense?

Last edited:
i am officially a tad nervous. if waters were here i would be a tad less nervous. i hope that's clear. :bricks:

i am officially a tad nervous. if waters were here i would be a tad less nervous. i hope that's clear. :bricks:

Hopefully as the season and team progresses and builds, your nervousness will subside a bit ;)

In the meantime, I suggest a small dose of Xanax and some Pepto Bismol.

This OL should make everyone nervous, esp Brady (no matter what he says to the contrary).

I am actually less nervous about the defense, except for the unproven Safeties & the non-existent
depth at LB.

Hopefully as the season and team progresses and builds, your nervousness will subside a bit ;)

In the meantime, I suggest a small dose of Xanax and some Pepto Bismol.

funny you say that...i have anxiety disorder and take xanax when i need it...seem to take it more on sundays in the fall :D

This OL should make everyone nervous, esp Brady (no matter what he says to the contrary).
Vereen (foot) does not practice - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Sep 5 5:21PM ET By Mike Rodak | ESPNBoston.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots running back Shane Vereen (foot) and offensive lineman Nick McDonald (shoulder) did not practice Wednesday, the team announced in its first injury report of the season.

Tight end Daniel Fells (shin), cornerback Sterling Moore (knee) and tackle Sebastian Vollmer (back) were limited. Safety Patrick Chung (shoulder) had full participation.

Vollmer has back issues? What a shock.

This OL is weaker at every single position along it than it was 8 months ago.

yeah...I'm driving from Narraganset up to Attleboro today and I'm listening to EEI and just randomly thinking about this and that when suddenly I began to get real irked at this Vereen situation...like I should care, right??...but I started thinking, have we ever seen this guy DO anything positive in the regular season YET?...when does the show begin???.....OK guys, curtain time..everybody ready???...not me!!! I faw down!!...cripes

I guess that those with 30,000 posts know more than those with 80.

Give me a week to catch up. :)

Being that you're new, maybe this will help.

Its fine to voice your opinion, but when someone calls you on it, and asks for stats to back it up, it would be better to just provide those stats. Telling us we don't get the point, isnt going to cut it. Taking shots at someone because of their post count, only makes you look bad. Acting like that will only get you on everyones "ignore list", and then nobody will ever benefit from your future comments.

Oh, and count me along with those who think Faulk out of the shotgun, was an automatic first down. That tradition will continue. :D

Not worried about a loss but am that Brady will be knocked around if the OL struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back