PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alternative View Of Patriot Tight Ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
How well can he block?

Pitta seems like he'll go high, I'd rather pick up Jim Dray and Scott Sicko at a better price.
He never really blocked in college he played in a spread offense so there was no need for him too block. He admits hes not the best blocker.

Because he is a Colt. Why don't the Red Sox want Derek Jeter? Let them keep their guys. Dennis Pitta would be a nice addition though.
I would love Derek Jeter on the red sox, who wouldnt? And ummmm no...... you take any players you can get.
If Pitta were a clone of Dallas Clark, he would be drafted in the middle of the first round.
This is true, you want to know why he's not going to be drafted in round one? Because he dedicated two years of his life to a missionary and hes going to be 25 coming out.

He never really blocked in college he played in a spread offense so there was no need for him too block. He admits hes not the best blocker.

I would love Derek Jeter on the red sox, who wouldnt? And ummmm no...... you take any players you can get.

This is true, you want to know why he's not going to be drafted in round one? Because he dedicated two years of his life to a missionary and hes going to be 25 coming out.

Which means he's a grown-up. I think BB would prefer grown-ups in his locker room when possible. Sure, that means he doesn't have as many years left in the tank as a 22-year-old, but when was the last time BB re-signed a TE beyond his rookie contract anyway?

Added: Oh, yeah. Pitta was a great receiver before going away for his two years and picked up right where he left off when he got back, maybe even better. Even with a different QB. Not many guys can go away from the game entirely for two years and come back like that (well, except for his former teammate, Austin Collie, who we SHOULD have drafted last year instead of screwing around with Galloway and Lewis). And I believe Pitta can learn to block adequately if coached up properly. He certainly appears to have the strength and agility for it - best reps, shuttle and 3-cone among all TEs at the Combine.

Last edited:
Crumpler is not going to have a 500 yard year just out of the blue. He's had declining seasons the past 5 years. At this point I'll take 200 yards and some solid blocking. What he does give us is the ability to draft a TE later then earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes