PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Alleged) Ex-Pats Employee throws mud and makes fool of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

And what newspaper/publication in Boston do you work for?

None, he goes by Turnover on other boards.

Re: (Alleged ) Ex-Pats Employee is running his mouth- Claims serious allegations

As I've just learned, there are several other options for obtaining information about the Patriots. I suggest choosing another and moving on.

I couldn't agree more with JDSAL45. Started listening to PFW last year and was amazed by how literally putrid it was. I never got to the point of knowing really who was who on the show, but my memory is that they all were pretty bad. "Juvenile" pretty much nails it. And do I really care what about those guys being hungry all the time and wanting to eat lunch? Amazing that something so bad would be tolerated one of the official mouthpieces of the organization.

I live out of state, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I listen to WEEI when I'm in the area but haven't been too impressed with their coverage.

That's a great idea. Fire everyone from PFW because of Casale. I wish management behaved like that at my office!
vomit.gif
Ahh no, they should have done it right to begin with. Casale was awful. But so is Perillo and several other still there.

Its bad. Spend some money and do a decent job. Not these clowns they have there now. I felt that way before this incident.

J D Sal

In case anyone is wondering, if you do a Google search on "worthless reporters" Casale and this thread is #1.

It that allowed??? ;)

I thought it was, but some of those guys evidently take umbrage to it. :D

"No, it's a great show, how dare you say otherwise!" reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry's mother gets all flustered when Kramer tells here that Crazy Joe Davola had it out for Jerry. "Someone doesn't like Jerry???? How could that be? Everyone knows he's a wonderful boy! Everyone loves Jerry! That's impossible, how could anyone not like Jerry???"

Last edited:

"No, it's a great show, how dare you say otherwise!" reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry's mother gets all flustered when Kramer tells here that Crazy Joe Davola had it out for Jerry. "Someone doesn't like Jerry???? How could that be? Everyone know he's a wonderful boy! Everyone loves Jerry! That's impossible, how could anyone not like Jerry???"

Right. Perhaps Casale's next job could be Jerry's Latex Salesman. ;)

I couldn't agree more with JDSAL45. Started listening to PFW last year and was amazed by how literally putrid it was. I never got to the point of knowing really who was who on the show, but my memory is that they all were pretty bad. "Juvenile" pretty much nails it. And do I really care what about those guys being hungry all the time and wanting to eat lunch? Amazing that something so bad would be tolerated one of the official mouthpieces of the organization.

I live out of state, so any recommendations would be appreciated. I listen to WEEI when I'm in the area but haven't been too impressed with their coverage.
I got the feeling they were trying to emulate WEEI, not realizing they were burying the one good thing they had to offer, football insight. 50,000 ticket holders and 50,000 waiting list holders and other assorted fans are a substantial market. All they had to do was talk football.

Dale Arnold, Michael Holley and yes, Glen Ordway, are legitimate radio talents. These guys are not, but if they stuck to their beans, they would have been fine. They didn't and listening to them was a complete waste of time. I stopped long ago. If they announce a serious change in policy, I will try again.

I got the feeling they were trying to emulate WEEI, not realizing they were burying the one good thing they had to offer, football insight. 50,000 ticket holders and 50,000 waiting list holders and other assorted fans are a substantial market. All they had to do was talk football.

Dale Arnold, Michael Holley and yes, Glen Ordway, are legitimate radio talents. These guys are not, but if they stuck to their beans, they would have been fine. They didn't and listening to them was a complete waste of time. I stopped long ago. If they announce a serious change in policy, I will try again.

Umm ... he did give us insight. Told us who the jerks are, and who the nice guys are. Still, we're complaining. :D

"No, it's a great show, how dare you say otherwise!" reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Jerry's mother gets all flustered when Kramer tells here that Crazy Joe Davola had it out for Jerry. "Someone doesn't like Jerry???? How could that be? Everyone knows he's a wonderful boy! Everyone loves Jerry! That's impossible, how could anyone not like Jerry???"

Except anyone who holds that opinion to the point of anger, it's because that opinion is wrapped up in the inability to accept any criticism of the Patriots. PFW is a very objective show. And I don't mean contrarianism masquerading as objectivity like Mike Felger, I mean actual fair, balanced objectivity. That's just my opinion.

Except anyone who holds that opinion to the point of anger, it's because that opinion is wrapped up in the inability to accept any criticism of the Patriots. PFW is a very objective show. And I don't mean contrarianism masquerading as objectivity like Mike Felger, I mean actual fair, balanced objectivity. That's just my opinion.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion!

Umm ... he did give us insight. Told us who the jerks are, and who the nice guys are. Still, we're complaining. :D

Yeah, and he told us all about the Spygate tape that really does exist and Belichicks sex tape.

BTW, why hasn't anyone seen these tapes (not that anyone would want to see the second)?

Oh yeah, I forgot, someone "got to" Matt Walsh - - which is why he traveled across the continent to testify to Goodell and Spector, give interviews to HBO and say all those nice things about Belichick and the Patriots!

Or maybe you could say his positive attitude, work ethic in the face of significant uphill challenges, and never give up mentality ARE things that anyone who had a stroke could and should emulate. Nice try with "he has money, he shouldn't be a role model" but you're way missing the point and you look foolish and petty.

I agree no one should give up when hurt...however, the guy telling me not to give up shouldn't be a pampered millionare with access to things I don't, that ALLOWED him advantages in his recovery process that I don't/can't have access to. My point is: Its not real world...if you don't live in the real world, don't tell me how to.

Beneath all the crap, there is a story here, that Scott Benson is trying to point out (though I think he seriously overshot the mark).

The Krafts could do better at staffing and running PFW. I understand it's tough to fire people, but Casale should have been fired and I don't think that's 20/20 hindsight. Even house publications have a code of ethics. I also think that anyone who manages to distinguish himself like Casale, so quickly and so visibly, must have some kind of history as well.

In an organization that so quickly cuts the decent young rookie who's been trying all his life to succeed in a violent sport, and has no other viable options, why so tender with this jerk?

Nah, as usual I think he nailed it. Sad to say in this case, but true. Not sure which Kraft is responsible for the media arm of the organization but he does what his father built here a tremendous disservice. From PFW to the pre game shows to playing programming footsies with Felger and ESPN (which contractually forced some of Bill's players to interact with an opertunistic backstabber he prefers they steer clear of). The only things worth watching/listening to are produced by Channel 5 or of all outlets WEEI and they maintain a certain level of deportment or they wouldn't have a HC involved.

You've got to be kidding me. The radio show is phenomenal. Juvenile at times? Sure, but in the best way. This perspective of yours is bizarrely out of left field, IMO.
I'm hoping you're being sarcastic. I'd like to assume you are, but I'm not sure.

PFW on air is horrible, juvenile is far too polite a term. It makes me mad because WEEI doesn't talk much football if the Red Sox season is about to begin, is in progress, or has recently ended. That leaves PFW with a tremendous opportunity to simply talk football. But they don't. They talk about themselves.

I simply cannot understand why the media thinks we care about them. I sure don't. I care only about the subjects they cover.

You ever wonder why people on this board like Reiss and not Felger? Reiss never injects himself in a story. Felger does. When I used to listen to PFW on air, that's all I ever heard and I would quickly switch them off.

So PS23, were you being sarcastic or was that a knee jerk defense of journalism?

Honestly, I don't put some of the writers in a different class than Casale. Perillo is just as bad, in a different way.

The web show is awful. A bunch of snickering juveniles.

The operation is awful. You get what you pay for and when you'll only pay for horrible, unprofessional, amateurish writers you get hacks like Casale and Perillo.

Fire everyone, pay a bit more, start over, bring in professionals and have a decent product.

Do the same with the 'BCN pregame show. To the extent 'BCN controls that, insist on your editorial control that I am sure comes with the contract or, at the least, in the next contract. And hire professionals to advise on good, competent, hosts.

The whole media operation needs overhaul. Its a disgrace.

J D Sal

Why an otherwise extremely astute businessman like Kraft tolerates this Pats media fustercluck astounds me. I too cannot stand the BCN pre and post game crew. Were I Kraft I'd talk to folks I know, recruit & hire a media VP and have him/her develop a plan of wholesale improvement for my review.

On another note, why can't SOME media outlet recruit another Breer clone doing a "Tales of the Tape II"? It was popular.

Last edited:

I agree no one should give up when hurt...however, the guy telling me not to give up shouldn't be a pampered millionare with access to things I don't, that ALLOWED him advantages in his recovery process that I don't/can't have access to. My point is: Its not real world...if you don't live in the real world, don't tell me how to.

The point you're missing is that money doesn't buy you heart, and in recovery/rehab heart is a lot more important than private jets. Rich guys who give up on themselves or their future don't benefit (in recovery/rehabilitation) from their advantages any more than poor people who give up. It's his attitude that is relevant to the argument, if he's an inspiration to even one kid, who are you to say he isn't or can't be a role model because he has money?

You ever wonder why people on this board like Reiss and not Felger? Reiss never injects himself in a story.

Yeah that's why. Sure.

You've got to be kidding me. The radio show is phenomenal. Juvenile at times? Sure, but in the best way. This perspective of yours is bizarrely out of left field, IMO.

Just my opinion. I understand different people like different things. I understand they want the show to seem like guys talking in a bar. The problem is, sometimes the guys in the bar are extremely offensive. I gave the show a chance but there were repeated references to lusting after underage girls, how irish people are all drunks and comments I thought were offensive to Asian people, although I can't recall them specifically. Obviously, some were tongue in cheek, and I have a tolerance for that. But IMO it went way too far and got to the point it was embarrassing to listen to the show. They should err on the side of professionalism, representing [IMO] a classy franchise.

Also, i think the writers are overly sensitive to other media members thinking they're just propagandists for the team, so they went out of their way to criticize the patriots in over the top fashion, more as a soap box to prove their independence than out of IMO real integrity. Insincerity and personal agendas from media members are transparent to experienced consumers and rub some of us the wrong way. Others are more willing to tolerate that.

i think another poster called me a sycophant, I've never been that in any aspect of my life. I'm a fan of the Pats, a devoted fan, and I take rooting for the team seriously. If a real sin has been committed such as a violent crime, violence against women, I would never defend the perpetrator. But on phony trumped up charges motivated by a witch hunt, I resist the mob mentality, whether it be the Spygate nonsense or the Moss allegations.

Nah, as usual I think he nailed it. Sad to say in this case, but true. Not sure which Kraft is responsible for the media arm of the organization but he does what his father built here a tremendous disservice. From PFW to the pre game shows to playing programming footsies with Felger and ESPN (which contractually forced some of Bill's players to interact with an opertunistic backstabber he prefers they steer clear of). The only things worth watching/listening to are produced by Channel 5 or of all outlets WEEI and they maintain a certain level of deportment or they wouldn't have a HC involved.

I watched that Comcast Channel 852 show last night because I wanted to see Tippett. Felgie interviewed Harrison. I'm not a big believer in body language, but man oh man was Harrison 'uncomfortable' with Felger. Kraft the son or whomever had better get their media act together. Why piss off your employees unnecessarily?

BTW Fauria did a creditable job as 2nd in command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes