PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alert Patriots Daily reader catches Gregg Easterbrook losing his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 100% certain that Easterbrook is trying to coddle political favors; moreover, he is solidifying suspicions that he has been involved in the Matt Walsh fiasco from the beginning. He has zero credibility on this topic--zero, and I will stand by that.

He's got an e-mail address...poor server

ESPN.com is about to get sued over that prick. They screwed up letting him back in the building after firing him the first time. I guess now that he knows Jews are off limits, he's focused his venom on another scapegoat.

Last edited:
Wow, what an enema bag he is.
I wish they would sanction the enamabag and suspend him for a year if not for life. The omsbudsman has already come out and sharply critisized his work late last year.

what a toolbag, I agree with the comment that a grenade up easterbrooks arse would solve the problem.

ESPN.com is about to get sued over that prick. They screwed up letting him back in the building after firing him the first time. I guess now that he knows Jews are off limits, he's focused his venom on another scapegoat.
He's already been fired by espn once before?

He's already been fired by espn once before?
from wikipedia
Easterbrook also had a blog at The New Republic Online, until mid-2004. In October of 2003, in a column critical of what he considered to be the senseless violence in the Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill, Easterbrook wrote the following:

Set aside what it says about Hollywood that today even Disney thinks what the public needs is ever-more-graphic depictions of killing the innocent as cool amusement. Disney's CEO, Michael Eisner, is Jewish; the chief of Miramax, Harvey Weinstein, is Jewish. Yes, there are plenty of Christian and other Hollywood executives who worship money above all else, promoting for profit the adulation of violence. Does that make it right for Jewish executives to worship money above all else, by promoting for profit the adulation of violence? Recent European history alone ought to cause Jewish executives to experience second thoughts about glorifying the killing of the helpless as a fun lifestyle choice.

This caused an uproar and accusations that Easterbrook and The New Republic were anti-semitic. Easterbrook wrote that he "mangled" his own ideas by his choice of words and wrote the following to explain his thought process and to apologize:[4]

Twenty minutes after I pressed "send," the entire world had read it. When I reread my own words and beheld how I'd written things that could be misunderstood, I felt awful. To anyone who was offended I offer my apology, because offense was not my intent. But it was 20 minutes later, and already the whole world had seen it... My attempt to connect my perfectly justified horror at an ugly and corrupting movie to the religious faith and ethnic identity of certain executives was hopelessly clumsy...accusing a Christian of adoring money above all else does not engage any history of ugly stereotypes. Accuse a Jewish person of this and you invoke a thousand years of stereotypes about that which Jews have specific historical reasons to fear. What I wrote here was simply wrong, and for being wrong, I apologize.
Fired by espn at the time, returned two years later.

Last edited:
A media member doesn't like BB? What a suprise. :rolleyes:

No wonder he was fired and should have never been rehired. He's been a lot nautier than BB ever has. He's just a straight up nasty azz hole.

Last edited:
I have been SO looking forward to see his next piece.
No joking when I say this;
this guy needs psychiatric help.

Here is the "oh crap!!!!!" moment for Easterbrooke:

In explaining why there should be no further investigations:

"But a Mitchell Report for the NFL would cause this unpleasantness to drag on for years. And the situations are different........
And unlike baseball, where signs of steroid use were many, there are no similar indications of pervasive cheating in the NFL. This suggests an independent commission to investigate pro football is not necessary. "
__________-

Gregggggg just let his fears slip in an unguarded moment for anyone paying attention. 'Spygate has been superduper so far, but OH OH, what happens if OTHER teams get asked the same question???????'

My reaction: Hey, Gregg! Who's afraid of a little investigation? The public has a right to know, isn't that what you originally said? Gregg? Gregg?

Last edited:
A media member doesn't like BB? What a suprise. :rolleyes:
it's offered as illustration of the lunacy that continues to prevail, the guy that called Belichick the Devil and who was a central figure throughout in moving the Walsh story forward has now ratcheted up the rhetoric to a lifetime ban.

And that ESPN has apparently buried it, at least for now.

Last edited:
Easterbrook writes trash and puts it up on the ESPN server. The editors realize it is trash and refuse to link to it.

But some intrepid Patriot fan finds it and puts up a link.

This is as if, the editors of the Herald had rejected Tomase story in February and threw it in the trash, but some Pats fan found it and posted on the internet.

ESPN made the RIGHT choice. Why are we overruling it with the wrong choice?

I had to share this with you guys if you haven't seen it.

TMQ: Lifetime Ban for Belichick

The first comment I clicked on is certainly worth noting.....

""Taping from the sidelines during games, although forbidden, is regarded as a minor violation of the rules. Secret taping of a Super Bowl opponent's practice, if true, would be much more serious."
This is what Easterbrook wrote on Februray 3rd when he thought his buddy Walsh had delivered the goods with the Rams walk through.
http://sports.espn. go.com/espn/page2/st ory?page=easterbrook /080202&sportCat =nfl
Turns out Walsh had lied again and Greg is now forced to move the goalposts to fit his agenda. Guess what Greg, there is no walkthrough tape so all that Belichick is guilty of (in your own words) is a 'minor violation of the rules.' Surely there should be no additional punishement for such a 'minor violation.' Thanks for pointing that out and supporting Coach Belichick! "

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3400806

Easterbrook writes trash and puts it up on the ESPN server. The editors realize it is trash and refuse to link to it.

But some intrepid Patriot fan finds it and puts up a link.

This is as if, the editors of the Herald had rejected Tomase story in February and threw it in the trash, but some Pats fan found it and posted on the internet.

ESPN made the RIGHT choice. Why are we overruling it with the wrong choice?

Because, while ESPN made the right choice, it sheds light on Easterbrooke's agenda. Good for ESPN. In this one instance they did the right thing. Maybe it is also instructive that they may be changing their tune a bit within the last few days. As Bob Dylan wrote, '....don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows...' So, yes, this matter may shed a lot of light on what is going on in certain media circles in the past few days. This is a fast moving situation.

BTW, Tomase is (allegedly) a reporter - - not a columnist. There's a difference. Throwing an errant report with no direct sources in the trash is one thing. Throwing one man's opinion (to which he is FULLY entitled, no matter if you or I think it wrong) in the trash is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Remember ESPN Page 2 is made up of conspiracy theorists and whack jobs. Easterbrook is the king of the conspiracy theorist whack jobs.

I never liked the guy and his rambling, peverted column. But I liked him even less for his anti-semetic remarks.

Even ESPN doesn't really like to acknowledge the guy outside of ESPN Page 2. At least Page 2 guys like Bill Simmons get their days in the sun on the ESPN network. Easterbrook is treated more like the weird uncle that no one wants to talk to too long at family functions.

Does any rational person think its a coicidence that the well known antisemite Easterbrook is attacking the Patriots whose ownership, the Kraft family is Jewish. That Espn and the Disney company has an anti semite on the payroll is beyond belief.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes