PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Alert Patriots Daily reader catches Gregg Easterbrook losing his mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any rational person think its a coicidence that the well known antisemite Easterbrook is attacking the Patriots whose ownership, the Kraft family is Jewish. That Espn and the Disney company has an anti semite on the payroll is beyond belief.:eek:

Actually about 50% of the NFL teams have Jewish owners. So, I can't really agree with you there.

I think you are exaggerating but it is a sizeable number. It is a fact that he was canned from ESPN for his anti semitic diatribe and wqas taken back after a Tomase type apology. I don't believe a leopard can change his spots and he is reverting back to form. I have yet to see Easterbrook criticisize the Colts or Jets whose ownership is apparently more to his liking.

Last edited:
From the article;

A man of dignity, who is caught cheating, would resign

Really, Mr. Easterbunny. I see that you are, in addition to being chief douchebag at ESPN.com, a SENIOR EDITIOR at THE NEW REPUBLIC. The rag of a magazine that has been embroiled in no fewer than 6 MAJOR ethics violations in the past decade, running from anywhere from improper vetting of sources (Scott Thomas Beauchamp fiasco) to outright plagiarism (Ruth Shalit). We'll accept your regination on the basis of you being knowingly involved so highly within a dishonest outfit as the The New Republic.

Glass houses Mr, Easterbrook, glass houses.

Last edited:
The first comment I clicked on is certainly worth noting.....

""Taping from the sidelines during games, although forbidden, is regarded as a minor violation of the rules. Secret taping of a Super Bowl opponent's practice, if true, would be much more serious."
This is what Easterbrook wrote on Februray 3rd when he thought his buddy Walsh had delivered the goods with the Rams walk through.
http://sports.espn. go.com/espn/page2/st ory?page=easterbrook /080202&sportCat =nfl
Turns out Walsh had lied again and Greg is now forced to move the goalposts to fit his agenda. Guess what Greg, there is no walkthrough tape so all that Belichick is guilty of (in your own words) is a 'minor violation of the rules.' Surely there should be no additional punishement for such a 'minor violation.' Thanks for pointing that out and supporting Coach Belichick! "

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3400806

That is fantastic! Someone should send that to Florio. This jackass has been exposed. No wonder they pulled it.

Does any rational person think its a coicidence that the well known antisemite Easterbrook is attacking the Patriots whose ownership, the Kraft family is Jewish. That Espn and the Disney company has an anti semite on the payroll is beyond belief.:eek:

Not really it is well known, that Walt Disney was very anti-semitic. I tend to doubt that Disney Corp has formally embraced his value set, including Nazi sympathies, but it should shock no one that their elements within our culture that still harbor anti-semitic views, anti-african-american views, sexist views etc.

I think you are exaggerating but it is a sizeable number. It is a fact that he was canned from ESPN for his anti semitic diatribe and wqas taken back after a Tomase type apology. I don't believe a leopard can change his spots and he is reverting back to form. I have yet to see Easterbrook criticisize the Colts or Jets whose ownership is apperently more to his liking.

I'm sorry. I see through Easterbrooke and his whole agenda also, but in this particular instance, it doesn't seem too evident.

He's been waxing poetic over Specter for 4 months. He also hasn't been attacking the Philadelphia Eagles, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Cleveland Browns, Oakland Raiders, NY Giants, Washington Redskins, etc. etc.

Please don't water down the already very damaging evidence against Easterbrooke.

Last edited:
Not really it is well known, that Walt Disney was very anti-semitic. I tend to doubt that Disney Corp has formally embraced his value set, including Nazi sympathies, but it should shock no one that their elements within our culture that still harbor anti-semitic views, anti-african-american views, sexist views etc.

Please, folks, stop. Walt Disney is long dead. Michael Eisner ran that place for decades.

If anything, Disney Corp. has had more dustups with the Catholic League in recent years than anything else.

There's enough damning evidence against Easterbrooke. Just like with him, taking too many far reaches only undermines credibility.

Last edited:
I have one question: What qualifies a writer for a political magazine TNR to be a sports "journalist" in the first place.

I have one question: What qualifies a writer for a political magazine TNR to be a sports "journalist" in the first place.

He is married, middle aged and (evidently) really likes cheerleaders?

about Easterbrook from wikipedia
This caused an uproar and accusations that Easterbrook and The New Republic were anti-semitic. Easterbrook wrote that he "mangled" his own ideas by his choice of words and wrote the following to explain his thought process and to apologize:

Twenty minutes after I pressed "send," the entire world had read it. When I reread my own words and beheld how I'd written things that could be misunderstood, I felt awful. To anyone who was offended I offer my apology, because offense was not my intent. But it was 20 minutes later, and already the whole world had seen it... My attempt to connect my perfectly justified horror at an ugly and corrupting movie to the religious faith and ethnic identity of certain executives was hopelessly clumsy...accusing a Christian of adoring money above all else does not engage any history of ugly stereotypes. Accuse a Jewish person of this and you invoke a thousand years of stereotypes about that which Jews have specific historical reasons to fear. What I wrote here was simply wrong, and for being wrong, I apologize.

Fired by espn at the time, returned two years later.

So Easterbrook thinks we and the rest of the world should accept his apology, but nobody should accept BB's apology. What a hypocrite.

The first comment I clicked on is certainly worth noting.....

""Taping from the sidelines during games, although forbidden, is regarded as a minor violation of the rules. Secret taping of a Super Bowl opponent's practice, if true, would be much more serious."
This is what Easterbrook wrote on Februray 3rd when he thought his buddy Walsh had delivered the goods with the Rams walk through.
http://sports.espn. go.com/espn/page2/st ory?page=easterbrook /080202&sportCat =nfl
Turns out Walsh had lied again and Greg is now forced to move the goalposts to fit his agenda. Guess what Greg, there is no walkthrough tape so all that Belichick is guilty of (in your own words) is a 'minor violation of the rules.' Surely there should be no additional punishement for such a 'minor violation.' Thanks for pointing that out and supporting Coach Belichick! "

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3400806

Ha ha, great find, fgssand! That is hilarious, what a fraud Easterbrook is!

In my opinion that might actually be the tip of the iceberg with this guy. Since at least 2006 he has been writing columns about the NFL and the Sunday Ticket, Comcast, and - yep, Senator Specter. He was as far as I know the only sports writer that was writing opinion and analysis of this tory back then (as opposed to a newspaper/website simply posting an AP story). Maybe he should stick to movie reviews. It's already been talked about but I do still believe it's an important topic that deserves to be looked at.

That in itself is nothing but when you combine that with his obsession with spygate going back to day one - nobody harped on this more than Easterbrook and he had an unusually large pecentage of stories on this one subject over the course of the season - it makes me wonder what his agenda is and why? This is pure speculation, but is it possible that he too is on Comcast's payroll? I know at first glance that may sound absurd, but it's no more ridiculous than some of the concepts that Easterbrook himself writes in his columns.

Last edited:
Ha ha, great find, fgssand! That is hilarious, what a fraud Easterbrook is!

In my opinion that might actually be the tip of the iceberg with this guy. Since at least 2006 he has been writing stories about the NFL and the Sunday Ticket, Comcast, and - yep, Senator Specter. He was as far as I know the only sports writer that was writing opinion and analysis of this tory back then (as opposed to a newspaper/website simply posting an AP story).

That in itself is nothing but when you combine that with his obsession with spygate going back to day one - nobody harped on this more than Easterbrook and he had an unusually large pecentage of stories on this one subject over the course of the season - it makes me wonder what his agenda is and why? This is pure speculation, but is it possible that he too is on Comcast's payroll? I know at first glance that may sound absurd, but it's no more ridiculous than some of the concepts that Easterbrook himself writes in his columns.

Must Reading!!!!!!

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=82298

this guy has become a parody of himself. He made me angry earlier in the season but now it's just laughable.

Comcast had their chance to get Sunday Ticket but got outbid by DirecTV. If they wanted it so badly, they should have upped their bid.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA480250.html

>>>>Cable operators have complained for years about losing customers who jumped to satellite for DirecTV Inc.'s exclusive “NFL Sunday Ticket” package. But when cable recently had an opportunity to buy the National Football League's out-of-market pay-per-view offering, Comcast Corp. and other operators took a pass………………………………………….

NFL representatives declined to discuss the size of cable's offer for Sunday Ticket. One source, though, said MSOs walked away from the table after they were “blown away by what DirecTV was willing to pay.”<<<<<

Last edited:
This pole smoking, bigot Easterbrook has got to go.

But as much as I don't agree with him on 99.9999999% of what he says. He said one thing that I have harped on since the beginning of this thing last September..... "The draft choice fine against the Patriots penalizes mainly the team's fans, who are not responsible for what happened."

That is all I agree with.
I was actually foolish enough in the beginning to think that the NFL might realize this and reinstate the pick, and levy a 3 game suspension or something like that. I'd rather be missing Bill for 3 games and get back that #1 pick.

I would agree to that. Keep the Mediots happy because their axe got ground with BB and we get our pick back.

I know its all fantasy:( but I can dream can't I?

Um, the article is back up. So, comment away!

Comcast had their chance to get Sunday Ticket but got outbid by DirecTV. If they wanted it so badly, they should have upped their bid.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA480250.html

>>>>Cable operators have complained for years about losing customers who jumped to satellite for DirecTV Inc.'s exclusive “NFL Sunday Ticket” package. But when cable recently had an opportunity to buy the National Football League's out-of-market pay-per-view offering, Comcast Corp. and other operators took a pass………………………………………….

NFL representatives declined to discuss the size of cable's offer for Sunday Ticket. One source, though, said MSOs walked away from the table after they were “blown away by what DirecTV was willing to pay.”<<<<<

I wonder how Comcast (and Specter) would react if they had won a bid for exclusive rights to a product but were now being told that all their competitors could now have access to that product too?

This pole smoking, bigot Easterbrook has got to go.

But as much as I don't agree with him on 99.9999999% of what he says. He said one thing that I have harped on since the beginning of this thing last September..... "The draft choice fine against the Patriots penalizes mainly the team's fans, who are not responsible for what happened."

That is all I agree with.
I was actually foolish enough in the beginning to think that the NFL might realize this and reinstate the pick, and levy a 3 game suspension or something like that. I'd rather be missing Bill for 3 games and get back that #1 pick.

I would agree to that. Keep the Mediots happy because their axe got ground with BB and we get our pick back.

I know its all fantasy:( but I can dream can't I?

No offense intended, but that line of thinking is beyond absurd.

Who runs the Patriots on-field organization? Who makes the coaching and personnel decisions? Whose very livelihood rests on the success of his team and its ability to win games? What is the best way to win games and remain successful for an extended period of time?

The fans were not punished with the theft of a first round pick. Sure, the fans were upset, but what kind of penalty is something that merely pisses me off? What effect did that have on my career or life?

Belichick is in charge of the New England Patriots, who were found to be guilty of breaking a rule. The removal of their first round pick was a supremely heavy punishment to the organization, and, in turn, the head of that organization.

I'm almost certain Belichick was more upset with the loss of the draft pick than the fine.

Maybe because the revelation comes from a confirmed liar?

Besides, I'm thinking the videotaped signals might have held us back. Look at the offense this year without the benefit of videotaped signals.

Any comment from you on the ESPN.com article from Scouts Inc that argues the tapes weren't much help at all?

Mike, I wouldn't spend too much time presenting Fanetic with rational, intelligent points - even in the events leading up to the Prestige of the Walsh reveal, Fanetic proved that he likes to stir the sh!t in which he trolls, but never has actual answers. When called on the fact that he is nothing more than enema detritus, he hides behind the argument that we are homers and attack him without reason, deliberately avoiding the fact that, in the face of reasonable argument, he disappears and ignores the actual points being made until enough "STFU Troll" posts have accrued between his last bout of BS and the posts of people who call his garbage and ask him to respond to valid points that he can again go back to claiming that he is beset by the unreasonable masses and "he's just here to talk football" because he's a tried and true football fan. In other words, he's a troll. The worst kind, who try to hide behind "I'm a fan, and I came here to talk football but you are all meanies!" I'm sure his next argument will have something to do with being a Harvard Lawyer, thus exempting him from having to respond to us peons as we present rational points, because his status as a Harvard Lawyer should raise him above all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes