2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I knew I'd cause this much of a sh**tstorm, I would have said he was ugly too.

Seriously, though. Think we can get Davone Bess? Same crappy team with a crappy QB and he had a better year in the slot than Welker did at Miami.

Welker is Welker but Moss makes Welker better IMO.

People seriously need to think before they post. There are 31 other teams in the league without Randy Moss and some how, some way, many of them actually have offensive production. Shocking I know.

Yes, and w/o Moss Brady is just another system QB.:rolleyes:

BTW, this is the dumbest poll ever on Patsfans.:confused:

His recovery from serious surgery will limit him more than the absense of Moss. Anybody who says otherwise is wrong. He was a freak of nature with Miami, and Moss wasn't there. Now he's playing at an even higher level with Brady, and will continue to do so.

Alright, who is this Criptonite fool?

If I had seen that here were 0 yes's before I voted, that would've been me. As a protest for having such a dumb poll.

We don't know exactly how good Welker will be now but I'm expecting his yac to be down bigtime.

His recovery from serious surgery will limit him more than the absense of Moss. Anybody who says otherwise is wrong. He was a freak of nature with Miami, and Moss wasn't there. Now he's playing at an even higher level with Brady, and will continue to do so.

A freak of nature who maxed out at what, 650 yards?

Welker will still get plenty of catches... it might be he who's double teamed but even then, he'll get catches, and he may command enough respect among the DBs to keep them honest

If that happens his numbers might drop, and others - Hernandez, Gronkowski - will see their catches increase, but that's not a bad thing

As we saw in the Reche Caldwell era, Brady has a way of completing passes and Welker will weasel his way open

But as with the Reche Caldwell era, the team is NOT stronger for lacking a legitimate deep threat. If they can't keep defenses honest they will collapse and like 2006, it will be a statistically good year (6th top rated offense) but the lack of a deep threat will hinder the team - with the lack of a deep threat hurting the team strategically.

Let's see what else might develop and what Tate can do - with any luck he makes some grabs and the DC's take notice.

you cant cover welker - pats couldnt cover him when he was with a lousy dolphins team

Welker is a magnificent player, hard worker and will continue to excel. The problem I see is that he is still not %100, and not even close to being the player he was last year, according to him. I think now that he will be double covered, it will make him look worse like it's HIS fault when in reality it's the organizations for trading away Moss.

Welker is a magnificent player, hard worker and will continue to excel. The problem I see is that he is still not %100, and not even close to being the player he was last year, according to him. I think now that he will be double covered, it will make him look worse like it's HIS fault when in reality it's the organizations for trading away Moss.

Are you drinking heavily when you're watching the games? Where do you get that Welker is still not 100%?

Are you drinking heavily when you're watching the games? Where do you get that Welker is still not 100%?

I thought Welker himself even recently admitted as such.

Before the Dolphins game:

On where he is, percentage-wise: “It’s hard to put a number on it, but I’m definitely not 100 percent. It’s just lacking that little bit, that little bit that really got that separation, that little bit of quickness, that little bit of something that’s just not there yet. But we’re getting there.”

I thought Welker himself even recently admitted as such.

Before the Dolphins game:

Touche. I didn't see that quote. However, on the field, he definitely looks up to par.

EDIT: Oh, and USC sucks, by the way.

Last edited:
114-1.

Good poll.

WELKER SAID IT HIMSELF! If you can't tell the difference between the Wes Welker from 2007-2009 to the Welker in 2010 than you may be the one drinking during games. It took Brady OVER a year to recover from his injury, and Welker did it in almost half the time, how can you expect him to be at 100 percent. You can tell he is showing signs of improvement but is still getting used to playing like his old self.

WELKER SAID IT HIMSELF! If you can't tell the difference between the Wes Welker from 2007-2009 to the Welker in 2010 than you may be the one drinking during games. It took Brady OVER a year to recover from his injury, and Welker did it in almost half the time, how can you expect him to be at 100 percent. You can tell he is showing signs of improvement but is still getting used to playing like his old self.

Now, what exactly are you getting at? Are you claiming Welker is done? :confused:

Because I don't agree! :mad:

And I shan't countenance such rubbish, sir! :mad:

Last edited:
On where he is, percentage-wise: “It’s hard to put a number on it, but I’m definitely not 100 percent. It’s just lacking that little bit, that little bit that really got that separation, that little bit of quickness, that little bit of something that’s just not there yet. But we’re getting there.”

It is not surprising at all that he isn't 100% coming off an injury that every player says takes 18-24 months to get all the way back from.

The numbers do seem to show what he is saying with his yards per catch down pretty significantly from 11 to 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News