Replies:
Asking for your support

Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an embarrassing statement.

This x1000. People who think that never bothered to watch him play in Miami, don't appreciate his great talent and otherworldly work ethic, and most likely suffer from a severe but undiagnosed brain problem.

That isn't a good argument in favor of Welker. He will be covered by better corners then Samuel now...

Welker was limited to 1 catch for -1 yards in that game, you can't do a better job than that on him.

He was 'good' against us in 1 of the 4 games he played against us. In the last game he played against us he had 1 catch for -1 yards. However your point stands that he was traded for on his OWN merits.

And, also, it took them two years to figure out that he was still as good a receiver as he had been at Texas Tech.

Despite that, BTW, Welker still ranks #2 all-time in all-purpose yards over the first three seasons of his career, behind only Gale Sayers.

Welker was limited to 1 catch for -1 yards in that game, you can't do a better job than that on him.

Sure you can, you can do it without safety help.

Sure you can, you can do it without safety help.

I meant end-result wise, but not even Revis would limit Welker to -1 yards 1 on 1. I refuse to believe any living human can cover Welker alone until I see it.

I meant end-result wise, but not even Revis would limit Welker to -1 yards 1 on 1. I refuse to believe any living human can cover Welker alone until I see it.

I think we might this year. He's going to see a lot better class of cornerback than hes seen before. Maybe he'll step it up, but getting covered by Revis is a lot different than getting covered by Kyle Wilson.

I think we might this year. He's going to see a lot better class of cornerback than hes seen before. Maybe he'll step it up, but getting covered by Revis is a lot different than getting covered by Kyle Wilson.

That's understandable but a DB has no choice but to react to Welker's movements and I don't think it's humanly possible to be quicker than Welker to the point of being able to stop him from getting separation.

But then again, teams aren't going to cover Welker 1 on 1 unless other guys step up in a big big way.

That's understandable but a DB has no choice but to react to Welker's movements and I don't think it's humanly possible to be quicker than Welker to the point of being able to stop him from getting separation. .

Oh, hes great at getting seperation, but hes not going to have many more of those receptions where hes just standing there 8 yards downfield with no one around him.

Those were on Moss.

I don't think there's any doubt that his production is going to suffer a bit with Moss gone. Anybody that disagrees with that is smoking the same stuff as RayClay was when he said that Welker is going to be a JAG. But no, he will not magically morph into Just Another Guy. He'll still be one of the best underneath receivers in the league.

The real questions are: (1) Is Brandon Tate ready to step into the flanker role and take some of the heat off Welker? And (2), who is going to play split-end? Those two questions will provide answers to just how much Welker's production is going to fall off...

I don't think there's any doubt that his production is going to suffer a bit with Moss gone. Anybody that disagrees with that is smoking the same stuff as RayClay was when he said that Welker is going to be a JAG. But no, he will not magically morph into Just Another Guy. He'll still be one of the best underneath receivers in the league.

The thing is, there's a lot of people on here stating exactly that, or even that his numbers will go up.

The thing is, there's a lot of people on here stating exactly that, or even that his numbers will go up.

Then I'd like some of what they have.

Like some have said here the answer lies somewhere in between. I don't believe we are going to roll on like nothing happened with our short passing game.

Welker is obviously going to be @ the center of every opposing D. coordinator's game-plan. It seems foolish to think that he won't get taken away @ times.

But that focus can also be exploited to put to use other options. If tate can step in and be the playmaker he seems to be starting to become, we can get him some nice matchups down the field via welker.

I only skimmed, but by my count there was one guy who said Welker might get more TDs.

And dozens who say losing moss won't make a difference to his stats. Check some of the other threads.

Alright, who is this Criptonite fool?

There's about 20 of them on this thread.

Thats on the first page. They're all over the place.

That's not up from last year, except the TDs part. :rolleyes:

I did joke his numbers may be better because of trying to stack the box vs the run. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back