PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After being benched, Belichick says Malcom Brown needs to be more consistent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think brown's athletic enough to get more pressure on the inside. He should be more disruptive.

I have always wondered how Belichick handled Lawrence Taylor when he was the defensive coordinator of the NYG. Of course, Parcells was head coach, but I have to believe that Belichick had some input on matters of discipline for the defense. Taylor was a transcendent talent, but he had issues. Not hard imagining him being five minutes late for a meeting.
Or high as a kite during one.

'Excuse coach, sniff-sniff, I gotta take a bathroom break . . . ( psst buddy, you got your mirror with you?)'

branch was a sure fire 1st round talent, but he had work ethic issues. i remember kiper killing him with his work ethic or lack thereof. and it was indeed true. BB is bringing out the best in branch. he will bring out the best in brown too. if he doesn't he will get rid of him in a heart beat.

I think Brown and Branch make up one of the best two interior DT combos in the NFL. hopefully Brown takes it as a kick in the ass and is motivated to play harder. It's not like he was playing bad, in fact I thought his play has been great.

I think Brown and Branch make up one of the best two interior DT combos in the NFL. hopefully Brown takes it as a kick in the ass and is motivated to play harder. It's not like he was playing bad, in fact I thought his play has been great.

Me too. He was a monster vs DEN and BAL. Clearly he was exuding some kind of behavior that got BB hot. Being late to a meeting was an example.

I remember in 03 when Seymour missed two practices to attend his grandfather's funeral. The issue is he told BB he was only missing one. The result was BB benching him for the first couple of drives the next game.

Looks like Brown is being henched again

Looks like Brown is being henched again

He has to outplay Valentine. It's really simple. Watching Floyd Get in the endzone should be a reminder of how you get snaps. It ain't rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes