PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After a Decade, Owners Still Buying Roger's Sorry Act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great word to use describing Goodell, "condescending". That's among the things I hate most about listening to that guy, I feel like he's talking to me personally when he speaks, and I'm being talked down to by some idiot with a Communications degree, who with all the right connections coming out of school couldn't accomplish anything better than an unpaid Jets internship.

And so right about the owners being able to hire whoever they want. They could attract nearly any Ivy League MBA with an accomplished career, and as you say, at half or less Goodell's salary. But they take the moron Jets intern. Why would any of the owners think they need to pay that idiot 40 + million. No one is trying to take that guy off your hands. That moron is not in any kind of demand, NONE. That guy would work for $100k a year, be happy about it, and still be overpaid.
Goody oozes greed, elitistism and arrogance. He has very little regard for people that he has no use for.

He is quite simply the NFLs version of the Manchurian Candidate.

Goody oozes greed, elitistism and arrogance. He has very little regard for people that he has no use for.

He is quite simply the NFLs version of the Manchurian Candidate.
Rog's strategy to answer any question about his ridiculous actions.

Step 1: Say it's all about the integrity.
Step 2: Lie or embellish.
Step 3: Mention integrity again.
Step 4: Say non football people wouldn't understand.

What BS? Unfair discipline of the Patriots? Most NFL fans LOVE that. Roger botched the Ray Rice thing, but he was already done as a player so it didn't affect the Ravens. What other teams has he screwed over, besides the Patriots?

Edit: Duh, Saints. So 2/32 have a legitimate beef (but still obviously patronize the league) and 30/32 don't.
I think he totally screwed both the Cowboys and Redskins on the salary cap punishment when there was no salary cap in place. But, the owners being petty and jealous supported all of RG's draconian actions.

Remember RG grew up watching his dad work the machines of politics and harvested the connections that he built up over the years. The father had all the support of the NY political elite during his failed senate re-election bid. I don't doubt for a second that RG learned how to leverage connections and play dirty politics.

I think he totally screwed both the Cowboys and Redskins on the salary cap punishment when there was no salary cap in place. But, the owners being petty and jealous supported all of RG's draconian actions.
I'm still not sure why the NFLPA didn't fight those in court. The league effectively stole 46M from the players. This is like if MA had a tax free day, you buy a 50k car, and then the state garnishes your wages for a prorated amount of the taxes based on the expected life of the truck because "making a long-term, big item purchase wasn't the intent".

Was the actual game on the field better in 2002 or now?

Worse now. But more people watch now, which is all that matters to the owners. All businesses are out to make money, not the perfect product.

Worse now. But more people watch now, which is all that matters to the owners. All businesses are out to make money, not the perfect product.

That certainly is true.

Jesus H. Christ. How hard is it to understand? He did precisely what 31 owners and fans in 50+ states wanted him to do. It was an rig job from day 1. But he, and they, won. It's simple.

Unfortunately the rest of the fans in the NFL could care less about what Goodell does. The Patriots have been consensually raped twice by Goodell (Thanks to Bob Kraft taking it royally where the sun don't shine). Us Pats fans will forever hate Goodell and feel the sting. But there's nothing we can do about it. And fans of other teams could care less the pain we feel. Until it happens to their team, they are like the owners, thinking we deserved because we cheated (according to them and the media). There is not outrage or hatred from fans of other teams towards Goodell.

I dislike like both major players in this tragedy, Goodell (with all my being) and Kraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back