PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game was won, but the D was still unbearable. They didn't stop the run and couldn't seem to stop Crappo either. Sure they only allowed 3 points, but Crappo was playing awful after the first half. The D barely got any pressure on him, his WRs were beating the coverage, had he not overthrown his WR in the endzone, we're talking about offseason adjustments instead of the Superbowl. Revis and the boys on D straight sucked Saturday (with the exception of one drive) and the win had more to do with Flacco than the D. Mad props for the offense for staying in the game. The Ravens D were not bad in the beginning, but once Brady got them exhausted with the no-huddle and eligible/non-eligible stuff, thug Suggs and the boys were useless.

This is why I am concerned about the D. If it was that easy for Crappo to score before he started playing like a moron, then how easy will it be for Luck to chuck up, poor-decision deep passes for TDs. Hopefully, Brady and the offense play the way they are capable of playing. If Brady starts turning the ball over, like he's done in the past championship games, we may have a problem, especially if the defense plays the way they played Saturday.

Why are you trashing the D instead of giving the Ravens any credit? They are 5-1 in their last two playoff appearances. They have one of the best, if not the best run blocking line in the NFL and their crack and cut blocking is second to none. They have big bodies that can move fast.

I would like to see Gray & Blount, depending on the situation. As well as more screen-plays on a muddy field.

I agree. I honestly would love for them to come out with a two back set with both Gray and Blount in the backfield! Gray split on Brady's left and Bound split on this right! I guy can only dream! :p

I wonder how many of those 12 wins were vs AFCS teams. Not quite as impressive it that is the case.

I see that Deus already responded to this stat and 9 of the 12 ARE AFCS teams.
Ravens didn't beat anyone either. Doesn't matter much at this point.

I was thinking about flying in from Ontario, Canada for my first game after I saw an awesome ticket for sale...

But my f***** passport is expired :eek: :(

At least there is a option now to get your passport for 10 years now instead of 5, plus it's only $40 more than the cost of the 5 year one. When mine expires it a few years I want to get it for 10 years.

http://passport.gc.ca/info/section6.aspx?lang=eng

If our offensive line can block reasonably, I think we should be able to move the ball pretty well. I am hoping that with this game, we can get off to a better start than we have in recent weeks. Getting sooooo ready for this game!!!!!!!

Obviously the Colts are expecting us to try to run again, so they have that covered. So you would think BB won't run and will try the pass, but the Colts are now expecting that too. Which can only lead to a logical conclusion. But both Blount and Gray on the field at the same time, with Brady running out of the spread option and run the ball anyway ;)

Hey if there's one thing I learned about this team, is that they are flexible enough to run any and all types of offenses that have ever been ran in the NFL, transforming week to week.

So Stork is out, but not placed on IR yet.

Either it's not that bad, and he could be ready in two weeks, or Barker will be potentially activated from PS to take his spot. Hopefully the former.

Obviously the Colts are expecting us to try to run again, so they have that covered. So you would think BB won't run and will try the pass, but the Colts are now expecting that too. Which can only lead to a logical conclusion. But both Blount and Gray on the field at the same time, with Brady running out of the spread option and run the ball anyway ;)

Hey if there's one thing I learned about this team, is that they are flexible enough to run any and all types of offenses that have ever been ran in the NFL, transforming week to week.
They know that we know that they know that we know that they know what we're trying to do.

But they don't know that we know that they know that we know that they know that they know that we know what we're trying to do.

Stork or no stork, the colts front 7 is a bunch of chumps next to the Ravens.....the pats should not need the punter tomorrow

So Stork is out, but not placed on IR yet.

Either it's not that bad, and he could be ready in two weeks, or Barker will be potentially activated from PS to take his spot. Hopefully the former.
Well they signed Vellano from the PS and released Maneri. Thus far, they must be expecting him back for the next game.

I have a question that needs to b answered!
If it's pouring out.. Can u still b thrown out of the club???

I have a question that needs to b answered!
If it's pouring out.. Can u still b thrown out of the club???

Let's ask Gronk.

gronk.gif

He says yes.

K9bhUZo.gif

Pats all access is from krafts house

If our offensive line can block reasonably, I think we should be able to move the ball pretty well. I am hoping that with this game, we can get off to a better start than we have in recent weeks. Getting sooooo ready for this game!!!!!!!

They should be able to get a fast start vs this team. I hope they win the toss...send the D on first and set the tone early unlike the Balt game

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes