PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game : Patriots vs. Colts -- Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like games where weather is a significant factor. It adds a level of randomness that doesn't work in the favor of well drilled teams.

I can't wait for the game thread... Colts drive down and kick a FG and people will be like "we never could match up w/them, it'll save us the embarassment of playing GB/SEA"

I just hope our defense starts out strong instead of these dull, lifeless first halfs they like to put on until they come alive in the second. The offense will get its points just need the defense to play to the capacity we know they can

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
The game was won, but the D was still unbearable. They didn't stop the run and couldn't seem to stop Crappo either. Sure they only allowed 3 points, but Crappo was playing awful after the first half. The D barely got any pressure on him, his WRs were beating the coverage, had he not overthrown his WR in the endzone, we're talking about offseason adjustments instead of the Superbowl. Revis and the boys on D straight sucked Saturday (with the exception of one drive) and the win had more to do with Flacco than the D. Mad props for the offense for staying in the game. The Ravens D were not bad in the beginning, but once Brady got them exhausted with the no-huddle and eligible/non-eligible stuff, thug Suggs and the boys were useless.

This is why I am concerned about the D. If it was that easy for Crappo to score before he started playing like a moron, then how easy will it be for Luck to chuck up, poor-decision deep passes for TDs. Hopefully, Brady and the offense play the way they are capable of playing. If Brady starts turning the ball over, like he's done in the past championship games, we may have a problem, especially if the defense plays the way they played Saturday.
Yeah we will have to just disagree

Hey -- Willie McGinest is answering questions on the Patriots twitter account. Hash tag is #AskWillie. Good stuff.

https://twitter.com/Patriots

Brady will have 340 passing yards....3 TDs DA with 1. Gronk with 2

If its dry the pats win a runaway. but as we've seen in the past when the pats had less "talented" teams, wet conditions, snow, wind etc is a big mitigating factor. Iirc it rained kinda heavily in Denver the second half last week so Ind is coming off a rain game....

If its dry the pats win a runaway. but as we've seen in the past when the pats had less "talented" teams, wet conditions, snow, wind etc is a big mitigating factor. Iirc it rained kinda heavily in Denver the second half last week so Ind is coming off a rain game....
Wouldn't weather help the greatest cold weather QB of all time?

I just looked at the radar...oh boy! Aint going to be dry guys

We do what we have to do to win...of course (although I would challenge some of the past decisions for this team).

With this weather the time to pass is early. Do we want the ball first?

Don't want to mess with tradition but I am picking logic. BB runs with the reasoning of getting one extra possession.

But to win the game I think you factor in the weather and take that ball and get that lead and play with that lead with the weather getting progressively worse as the game goes on.

Just something to ponder I guess. i would take the ball but the superstition thing i get too...

Wouldn't weather help the greatest cold weather QB of all time?
Yup. Funny how we've gone from hoping we'd get this type of weather should Denver be coming to town, to a lot of folks seeming worried now that it's Indy.

Yup. Funny how we've gone from hoping we'd get this type of weather should Denver be coming to town, to a lot of folks seeming worried now that it's Indy.

AND when it was wildcard weekend, people here wanted the Colts over the Ravens to play next...

They know that we know that they know that we know that they know what we're trying to do.

But they don't know that we know that they know that we know that they know that they know that we know what we're trying to do.

You don't think we're over thinking it, do you?

2 hours and counting... watching the underdog Packers handing Seattle their collective buttocks... I am hoping the NFC is where the 'dog has his day...

I can't wait for the game thread... Colts drive down and kick a FG and people will be like "we never could match up w/them, it'll save us the embarassment of playing GB/SEA"
hell, all it will take is a three and out by the pats on they're first possession and it will start.

I'm actually looking forward to being the "relax" enforcer...

Wonder what the over/under is on the calls for Macdaniels' head

hell, all it will take is a three and out by the pats on they're first possession and it will start.

Worse yet, whatever the offensive play call, if it works, "This is EXACTLY what I've been saying they need to do ALL SEASON..." (e.g., why oh why didn't we just run the ball up the middle against the Ravens...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes