PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Joe Namath secretly wants the Jets to never win a SB so he can maintain his fame as "Broadway Joe"?

That game was about plays like shanked punts as much as it was about anything the Patriots did.

Crumpler's drop, the fake punt fiasco.
Many things went unright.

i think the steelers can blow this game. they dont know how to handle prosperity

Every time we have been one dimensional, we have lost.

We are at our best when we mix it up.

Why am I repeating this?

I will give you this, during the first quarter of that game you said you did not like how the game was going because we were too one dimensional, at the time they could not stop us really and I was not worried, but during my self imposed exile your words kept flashing in my eyes on my imaginary laptop

I wonder if Joe Namath secretly wants the Jets to never win a SB so he can maintain his fame as "Broadway Joe"?

And talk Suzy Q into a date.

Crumpler's drop, the fake punt fiasco.
Many things went unright.

Absolutely. All 3 Jets/Patriots games were as much about what the losing team did to lose as they were about what the winning team did to win.

Why? So we could get into a running game, defensive battle with the jets? Do you think that type of game favored our team?

Right. So it was better to have Brady drop back again and again against a plethora of defensive backs while the defensive line only rushed 3 or 4 lineman a majority of the time. That worked out wonderfully for our offense, no?

That game was about plays like shanked punts as much as it was about anything the Patriots did.

Our two main RB's averaged 4.0 and 5.5 YPC in that game. IMO, it's safe to assume that, taking the results of the offense in the second meeting and taking the averages of the running game when the Pats DID run, that it would have been beneficial to be more multi-dimensional on offense before the 7:00 mark in the 4th quarter.

what was bradys qb rating again against the jets? Just so we can compare with rapistberger

Brady's passer rating last week was 89.02.

Considering it was successful in the 45-3 starter, and the main RB was breaking off almost 5 YPC when he DID run the ball early in the divisional game... yes, I think having the best offense in the league being multi-dimensional would have favored us.

Are you even half way serious? Our 45 point game was due to running the ball down their throat and not trying to pass?

Remember, in our first two drives, we ran and passed balanced. We didn't score.

I'll just drop it. Absurd. We were balanced both two starting drives. First game, we scored ten points, then scored a touchdown and went up 17-0.

Last week, we threw an INT, then had a dropped TD pass and were soon behind 7-3, which is just like being ahead 17-0?:rolleyes:

Rex Ryan...OK we're up 7-3, don't worry about those receivers, that Brady guy can't beat us, just don't let BJGE beat us!

Last edited:
Our two main RB's averaged 4.0 and 5.5 YPC in that game. IMO, it's safe to assume that, taking the results of the offense in the second meeting and taking the averages of the running game when the Pats DID run, that it would have been beneficial to be more multi-dimensional on offense before the 7:00 mark in the 4th quarter.

The Patriots running game is a lot better when the team has a lead and Brady is throwing almost perfectly than it is when the team is behind and Brady's making bad passes. It's not really designed to batter the hell out of an opponent that knows it's coming or is shutting down the rest of the offense. That's actually why running the ball in the 4th quarter last week was such a good idea. Unfortunately, BB didn't leave well enough alone, demanded that BOB pass the ball, and got the drive stalled out.

Last edited:
Absolutely. All 3 Jets/Patriots games were as much about what the losing team did to lose as they were about what the winning team did to win.

Yup. The frustration/anger I think is from knowing/feeling they were good enough to win.
When the Pats were "on" this year, their execution was beautiful.

Well said Kontra. The playcalling on offense was so frustrating. I kept yelling where is Law Firm? There were was to much Danny Woodhead in that game. They didn't use their running game efficiently. It was working when they did use it.

anyone else think the jets are going to make a comeback?

I hate to say this, but the Jets might get back in this one. The Steelers have lost intensity on both sides of the ball.

It will be 24-17 on this drive. Jets are back.

The Patriots running game is a lot better when the team has a lead and Brady is throwing almost perfectly than it is when the team is behind and Brady's making bad passes. It's not really designed to batter the hell out of an opponent that knows it's coming. That's actually why running the ball in the 4th quarter last week was such a good idea. Unfortunately, BB didn't leave well enough alone, demanded that BOB pass the ball, and got the drive stalled out.

This is just not true!

I hate to say this, but the Jets might get back in this one. The Steelers have lost intensity on both sides of the ball.

yup...they have been outplayed after the half time adjustments it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand