PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC Championship Game: Jets at Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that pisses me off is when Roethisberger does not have an open man, he throws to Mendenhall out of the backfield.

Brady doesn't do that to BJGE. He routinely ignores BJGE out of the backfield despite the fact that BJGE has the 2nd highest catch % on the team behind Woodhead.

cough *1st drive interception* cough

i know you guys are enjoying this as much , if not more, than I am

i'm just waiting to see LT cry on the sidelines, can't wait!!

he might clip on his visor for that.

umm B.S

vs Indy 18/27 144 1 TD and 1 rushing TD
vs Pitt 14/21 207 2 TD all with the Flu
vs Philly 23/33 236 2 TD
vs NYJ 22/34 212 2 TD

LOL BRADY HAS ONLY HAD 1 BAD PLAYOFF GAME AND THAT WAS LAST YEAR.

All the others were when his team let him down.

People always forget how much injuries the pats had this year.

BILL didn't star rookie because he wanted to...he had no other CHOICE.

Has LT or Shone Greene even had a carry?

LOL that's all "Sanchize" can do...throw hail marrys to Holmes or Edwards to make plays for him since he can't read a defense.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Jets hit the FG :(

cough *1st drive interception* cough

I don't follow what you're trying to say? That interception was 100% on Brady, or should BJGE have jumped 5 feet in the air and caught it?

Can we stop with the excuses for our team?The bottom line is that they didnt execute.The steelers are executing and getting pressure on Sanchez.

Haha Simms and Nantz are trying so hard not to piss off NY right now.

The funny thing is even a blowout loss probably won't stop Rexy from running his mouth even more.

But, It will make everyone see him for what he is, a good coach with a big mouth. They wont care what he says next year if hes blown out, and they will see the patriots loss as a fluke.

As said on the Saints site , this game defines Rex's boast, if he cant close it, dosnt matter if he cant close his mouth, no will believe it anymore.

Last edited:
I can't decide whether the Jets sucking is enjoyable and cathartic ... or whether it's just more frustrating to think we lost to this grossly overrated big mouth team.

I lean toward the latter -- watching them suck is just that much more painful.

This game is far from over.The steelers need to keep doing what they are doing.The jets will get the ball to start the second half.

The Patriots featured a very balanced attack. While Brady passes 2 out of 3 plays, BJ has great holes and follows his blocks. He's too slow to run outside, and not powerful enough to force something when there's no hole.

It's not a board game.

Watch the game instead of the stat sheet and you'll see that BJ never gets much more than the initial 4-6 yards, which, in a game where they are loading up the middle against the pass, leads to 7 minute drives like we had.

On the other hand, look at Mendenhall. when the middle is stuffed, he breaks it to the outside. Hes beating the defense with athleticism, not just following blockers for four yard gains. He's ripping the jets a new a hole.

Stats are for reference. the game is played on the field. If we had one fast powerful back, even if he was a jerk otherwise, we could have forced them out of their defense (Taylor 5 years ago). If we had one freak receiver to beat their man coverage on the outside, we might have made a play to force them to double someone.

We're a work in progress that just happened to go 14-2. As good a job as BJ, Woody and old version Branch did, The Jets, after we screwed up two successful series, said no crossing patterns, we don't think you can tear us a new a hole with the run, or force us out of man coverage with those athletes, and they were right.

I was not arguing for BJGE over Mendenhall, merely pointing out (like others have done more effectively on these threads) that the Patriots did not try establish a physical presence by making the running game a bigger focal point.

FWIW, I think your reasoning is spurious. To say the the Patriots could not sustain success on the ground based on a perceived lack of talent in the backfield and at the receiver position is a bit of a reach IMO.

Odds on that fat f#ck head coach of the NYJ taking a backhanded shot at the Pats in the post game, should they continue to lose this game? Something like, "Well, that's a how a real champion plays" or something like...I can almost guarantee he will, that fat g#ng bang my wife foot fetish f#ck.....

I can't decide whether the Jets sucking is enjoyable and cathartic ... or whether it's just more frustrating to think we lost to this grossly overrated big mouth team.

I lean toward the latter -- watching them suck is just that much more painful.

It's sweet sweet schadenfreude. :D

Am I the only one who thinks the Jets can still win this game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back