PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Parking on Rt. 1

Coming from the south on Route 1 i believe the Lafayette House is the last cheap lot ... it's on the left and about 1/3 mile or so from the stadium. Mom's on the right is cheaper also I believe and is a bit closer.

Hopefully this info helps ... I went to 2 games last year and this was the case then.

Foxboro Terminals is less than a mile away I believe and the parking was about 40 bucks last year. It is on the corner of North Street and Rte 1. If you are heading South on Rte 1 it is the last set of lights before Gilette - quick left onto North St. and it is the first driveway on right (about 25 feet from Rt 1). Good place to tailgate - my wife and I have used that lot 3 years running for both the Pats and Country Music Festival. Good luck!

There are also 2 stadium lots on the opposite side of Rte. 1 from this one (Foxboro Terminals is on the northbound side of Rte. 1; these lots are on the southbound side so don't require a turn if you are coming from the north) that are a little bit closer to the stadium and they have a cop there at the end of the game to let people out in periodic/orderly fashion. They are official stadium lots even though they are not right at the stadium. They were $50 last year, but the walk is about the shortest you'll get from an outlying lot. Tailgating looks good there too, but I usually head over to Patriots Place.

Looking for a place to park, 1/2 -3/4 mile from stadium. I'm 54 and can't do much more than that. Would rather not park in the stadium lots as I have to get out fairly quickly and would like to pay less than the 40 dollars...Suggestions?

A helicopter.

so i have a question, if i am staying at a local hotel and coming to gillette for a 4:15 game,

1. what time would be best to have the taxi drop me off at the stadium? is there stuff to do at patriots place that would take up a few hours before kickoff?

2. is the patriot museum worth it?

Last edited:

You could watch a movie.
You could eat a good mid-day meal
You could spend an hour or so walking through the Bass Pro Shop which is amazing.

so i have a question, if i am staying at a local hotel and coming to gillette for a 4:15 game,

1. what time would be best to have the taxi drop me off at the stadium? is there stuff to do at patriots place that would take up a few hours before kickoff?

Museum is okay ... just $10 ... Always lots of people around Patriots Place and it will be humming. Grab a burger and a bacon dog at Five Guys before the game - now that is always worth it.

I'm not sure how close you can get in a taxi. If you go too late, you'll be paying to sit in traffic. May want to go early (like 1:00 p.m.) so you can get close, then go to the Hall and Patriots Place. I think the Hall is worth it for big Pats fans, but it doesn't take that long to get through it, maybe an hour or less. Then you can peruse the Pro Shop and walk through Patriots place, stopping for a meal and a few drinks prior to the game. Head into the stadium early and watch warm-ups after that. I think they also show an early game on the big screens. Have fun!!

Looking for a place to park, 1/2 -3/4 mile from stadium. I'm 54 and can't do much more than that. Would rather not park in the stadium lots as I have to get out fairly quickly and would like to pay less than the 40 dollars...Suggestions?

oh come on, you can walk further than a mile.

I like to park at Christina's (formerly the Stone Forge) on the northbound side of route 1. I'd estimate about a 1 to 1.5 mile walk to the stadium, it's less than $50 (forget if it's $40 or $30) and no problem for traffic heading back north.

I like to park at Christina's (formerly the Stone Forge) on the northbound side of route 1. I'd estimate about a 1 to 1.5 mile walk to the stadium, it's less than $50 (forget if it's $40 or $30) and no problem for traffic heading back north.

Mapped it. Looks like a great spot. Tell me. coming from Boston direction can you make a U turn and get there? How?

when does traffic around the stadium really pick up? just asking so i can get there early enough. i was thinking about getting to patriot place around 11:00 for a 4:15 game.

Mapped it. Looks like a great spot. Tell me. coming from Boston direction can you make a U turn and get there? How?

Yeah, it's far enough away from the stadium that they still allow Uturns at the next intersection (I think there's a gas station on that corner).

Hi all. First time poster, long time reader.

I'll be making the trip over in November all the way from Adelaide, Australia to catch 5 Patriots games, two being at Gillette (KC & Indy for the record). Now I've had a good read of this thread and it's been of great help, though I will have to admit I have made the trip to Gillette once in the past, though circumstances were much different to what they will be this time. Last time I was with a bunch of mates, we hired a car and drove which worked out well but three of us had to catch the train back to Boston because one of my mates had a hardcore metal show somewhere in the area he wanted to go see (hence why we drove). The train got us back but as pointed out in this thread it's not the most pleasant trip.... ok sorry I'm waffling on a little here :p

My main question is apart from hiring a car and having to driving by myself or catching the train is there any other alternate way of getting to the stadium?? I really want to get to the games early, soak up the atmosphere and maybe even tailgate with real fans (something I didn't get to do last time). I will catch the train if I HAVE to but I'm open to any suggestions people have.

Thanks

Roars :ausflag:

Car vs train. Car gets you there early. No other public transportation.

Hi all. First time poster, long time reader.

I'll be making the trip over in November all the way from Adelaide, Australia to catch 5 Patriots games, two being at Gillette (KC & Indy for the record). Now I've had a good read of this thread and it's been of great help, though I will have to admit I have made the trip to Gillette once in the past, though circumstances were much different to what they will be this time. Last time I was with a bunch of mates, we hired a car and drove which worked out well but three of us had to catch the train back to Boston because one of my mates had a hardcore metal show somewhere in the area he wanted to go see (hence why we drove). The train got us back but as pointed out in this thread it's not the most pleasant trip.... ok sorry I'm waffling on a little here :p

My main question is apart from hiring a car and having to driving by myself or catching the train is there any other alternate way of getting to the stadium?? I really want to get to the games early, soak up the atmosphere and maybe even tailgate with real fans (something I didn't get to do last time). I will catch the train if I HAVE to but I'm open to any suggestions people have.

Thanks

Ask a friendly patsfans poster for a ride?

This thread has been so helpfull I am planning on coming next year to see the pats play live! Hope to squeeze in New york as well.

Thanks

I found a bus service that will do it for $40 per person:
Bowl Bus - Tailgating travel to NFL games!

I don't know anything about the company so I'm not endorsing them; just saying that is an option you may want to consider.

The only other thing I can think of is to stay in one of the area motels and walk from there.

That is a fantastic service I never knew about. Us NH folk could take the Newburyport MA bus. Costs roughly the same as to park.

Ask a friendly patsfans poster for a ride?

Well if you're offering ;)

Never know, maybe when I explain my sob story to the people I'm sitting next to at the first game they'll offer me a ride for the second game!

I found a bus service that will do it for $40 per person:
Bowl Bus - Tailgating travel to NFL games!

I don't know anything about the company so I'm not endorsing them; just saying that is an option you may want to consider.

The only other thing I can think of is to stay in one of the area motels and walk from there.

This certainly looks like it could be an option. I never would have found this either so a big thank you!

Sorry to revive and old thread, but this seemed like the appropriate place. My first game visit to Gillette will be this weekend. Where would a good place to park be coming north from 495, that would give us tailgating, a moderate walk, and a decent return time to 495 to head home.

Also since this will be a very novice tailgating experience - last time I did this was at Candlestick for the Pats game so I just walked up to Pats fans and weather isn't really a factor - other than beer, grill, meat, what would be some good essentials for tailgating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes