PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Parking on Rt. 1

Looking for a place to park, 1/2 -3/4 mile from stadium. I'm 54 and can't do much more than that. Would rather not park in the stadium lots as I have to get out fairly quickly and would like to pay less than the 40 dollars...Suggestions?

I would like to know if there are any charter bus services to the games and do they get up close to the stadium entrance from anywhere with in 50 miles of Foxboro. I too am getting old, and now have a bum ticker, so I'm not doing Marathons like I used to do, and have to pace myself.

What about shared limousine service as well?

What about handicapped parking?

I would like to know if there are any charter bus services to the games and do they get up close to the stadium entrance from anywhere with in 50 miles of Foxboro. I too am getting old, and now have a bum ticker, so I'm not doing Marathons like I used to do, and have to pace myself.

I think the Patriots have special handicapped parking close to the stadium. Check the team's web site for specifics.

americas best value in..1 mile from stadium..easy in and out..$30

I parked in Stadium Lot P7 for the last championship game against the Chargers. It was easy in, easy out. Just lucky or what? Reading this thread makes me think I might not have the same experience.

I parked in Stadium Lot P7 for the last championship game against the Chargers. It was easy in, easy out. Just lucky or what? Reading this thread makes me think I might not have the same experience.

Sounds like you were lucky. I never park in a regular stadium lot, always a private lot 1 mile south of the stadium.

I park at the stadium lots (across the street) and bring extra food to grill up afterward. Spend an hour or so post game tailgating and I get straight out.

For years, we've tailgaited right below that little set of stores with the liquor store at it's end. The nice thing that is when u leave, you can get on one of the southbound lanes n travel express, due north, all the way to 95. You save a minimum of 20-30 minutes

I have seen the Patriots play SEVERAL times in person, but always in Indianapolis. I have been a fan since '93, that's when I first understood and started watching football. I fell in love with the underdog Pats and Bledsoe. If I had to guess I have seen the Patriots 20+ times....but never with other Patriot fans (Not counting my wife) and NEVER in Foxboro.

BUT, my sister whom we visit a couple times a year is moving to Boston in about 3 months from Chicago....so guess what? I will finally have an excuse for us to fly out to Boston for more than just a football game! I cannot wait!

Thanks for this thread, I will save it for that fateful day when I attend my first game at the Razor! I cannot wait to be around fellow fans and in the city I feel I belong to, GO PATS! :rocker:

Edit: Actually not always in Indy, my first ever Pats game I saw was in Cleveland....I forgot ;)

Last edited:
Parking Tip For Those Going To Game.

Hey, I just got a tip for those of you going to tomorrows game and worry about parking. Last week I found that if you go further down North Street (right behind Gillette Stadium) and pass the the railroads and Putnam Parkway, there are houses that are selling their parking spot for $15-$20 AND it's closer compared to the private lots. (It's literally a 15 minute walk, no exaggeration). AND you don't have to worry about the Route 1 traffic hellhole, as you take the backroads to merge onto the highway.

I asked my friend about this (who lives on North Street), the key is to not take exit 9 from I-95 and TAKE exit 8. From there on, follow the signs for the Putnam Pass Members and once you pass the police station, just find a house near the rightside that is selling their space.

And no, I'm not a promoter lol. Just helping out those guys that are going to the game tomorrow. It made my life a lot easier last week to find close cheap parking and quickly leave.

If you have any questions PM me or reply! Go Patriots :rocker:

Hello everyone, this is a very useful thread especially if you come from italy for your first Patriots match :)
If possible I want to ask a few questions. Where and when to buy the tickets? better to wait and the prices will drops? and also which seat?
I just want to enjoy the match with a friend and I don't need to stay in the best seats.

Thanks for your help ;)

Gillette is cool-nice setup......big difference from the old stadium
Plenty to eat-bring cash...
the train pulls up next to the stadium...big parking lots unless you wanna take a choppah
The parking lots are full of great smelling food for about a mile up to the stadium.

I commute (north) so my agenda may be different. I like to get in and out. I can't party when I go to games....so as far as suggestions on game day...park in one of the open parking lots (have cash) about a mile (good exercise) away. You can beat the traffic if you beat feet.

You can't go wrong if you park right behind the Jets' bus. They're handicapped by a clueless owner, a GM who is worse than a dartboard and a clown for a head coach.

I come from Halifax Nova Scotia for the game (no I dont go to all of them ). I am a season tikcet holder however. It is about a 11-12 hour drive. We take a truck and have all the tailgating equipment we need and arrive at game as soon as lots open. HEy if you're driving that far may as well take advantage of as much tailgate time as possible! :)

I do find it hard to get south from say P2 or P3, it always seems I get cuaght in Northern traffic with no where to turn around. Any ideas?

DO I pick a different lot?

Hey fans making first trip - congrats and have a ball! I am a long time season ticket holder who has actually given up tailgating and started spending my pre-games at Patriot Place, usually Skip Jacks, where I can enjoy several glasses of wine, a good meal and not freeze my butt off along with other merry Pats fans. Skip Jacks is a kind of pricy mostly seafood place, but I have never been shut out of a table there and you can wait around the crowded bar watching the early game or pregame coverage on their many t.v.'s before your table is ready. There is also Red Robin where I enjoyed the bar but didn't get a table in time the one time I tried it. CBS Scene is always a 2-3 hr. wait by the time I get there (2-3 hours before the game) so I have never tried that one. There are several other restaurants but I usually stick with Skip Jacks.

I come from southern NH. Normally it takes me one hour and ten minutes to drive to Foxboro but I make sure I leave about 3 1/2 to 4 hours prior to kickoff on game day; maybe longer if it is a Monday night game and you have to deal with regular traffic on top of game traffic. I come down Rte. 1 South, where you will come too if you are driving from Boston or points north and I like to park in the lots just north of the stadium (between a liquor store and a Ford dealer) on the other side (from the stadium) of Rte. 1. The Stadium will be on your left, these two lots are on the right. You have to make a left to get out after the game but usually they have a cop there letting people out periodically so it goes relatively fast, most of the time (traffic and getting out after the game are often two of the biggest headaches of a trip to Foxboro. Try to relax and just enjoy the game itself). The lots, which are official stadium lots, cost $50.00 last year, and I expect it will be the same this year. There are similar lots on the other side of the stadium if you come in on Rte. 1 north. As long as you are not meeting someone for tailgating and don't mind a bit of a walk, I do not recommend parking right at the stadium. You can get trapped for hours after the game (which can also happen to you periodically in an outlying lot, despite your best efforts). Lots of tailgating occurs in every lot, so you can probably find a party, or you can do what I do and head for Patriot Place.

You can also take the train from South Station in Boston, which I tried once to see if it saved me any time (it didn't). I believe it leaves 2 hours before kick-off and at the end of the game a half hour after the game ends. Check the schedule. The train does save you the stress of driving, but then you have the stress of "am I going to make it on time?" By the time my train got there we had to run for our seats to make opening kick-off. I knew where I was going and you won't, so keep that in mind. You probably won't have any time for tailgating or eating beforehand. Others on here have taken the train and missed opening kick-off. Still, if you are not familiar with the area and nervous about driving, it might be a good option to try.

Bottom line - it can be stressful and expensive getting to a game. Once you make it there you will be bummed that you can't watch every game live. There is no substitute for it, IMO. If you can sit back and relax and ignore the dent in your wallet (something I always try to do if I am doing something special for myself), you will have a blast.

My advice still stands. I have one more restaurant to recommend at Patriot Place, which is Tavolino, an Italian place. It has good food, is less expensive than Skip Jacks (which is still a good option) and they take reservations for times at least two hours before the game on Open Table or by phone (if you call or reserve early enough). Have fun!!

AZ - I have a friend who used to take her severely handicapped husband to games. Once she had tickets she would call the stadium and get a pass for the handicapped lots, which are right next to the stadium on both sides. She was also able to use the elevator to get up to the upper decks if needed. I would recommend calling the stadium directly. They are very accomodating from what I hear.

Going to Pats/Jets--A Little Help

I am going to Sundays game, the first of 4 for the year.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding traffic, parking, etc.
I live 3 hours away, but I will be staying in RI for the weekend.
I have heard there is a train from Warwick straight to Gilette. Any one ever done that? I assume it would also have other stops closer in?
Otherwise.....parking advise? Traffic? Is there a 'best time' for avoiding traffic? How long should I expect the 1 hour drive to actually take?
Again, any and all advice is welcome.

Re: Going to Pats/Jets--A Little Help

I am going to Sundays game, the first of 4 for the year.
I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding traffic, parking, etc.
I live 3 hours away, but I will be staying in RI for the weekend.
I have heard there is a train from Warwick straight to Gilette. Any one ever done that? I assume it would also have other stops closer in?
Otherwise.....parking advise? Traffic? Is there a 'best time' for avoiding traffic? How long should I expect the 1 hour drive to actually take?
Again, any and all advice is welcome.

Andy, I can't help you with the traffic and best time part. But I just went to my first Pat's game in years, went to the Denver game. We took the train from Boston, and it was a great trip. We were thinking about driving, but my friend told me about the train, so we did that and it worked out great. I'm not sure how long the train from Warwick to Gilette will take, but the train from Boston took an hour an change, after making 2 or 3 stops along the way. A word of warning, the train left EXACTLY 30 minutes after the game ended, so we had to make sure we got to the train by then. Not sure is the same rules apply with the train from Warwick. Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

For a second i thought Rex Ryan was asking for some help/tips for the Pats game.:D

Good luck at the game my friend, hope the Pats beat up on the Jets and Brady gives u the ball after his 8th TD of the first half :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Andy folks arrive earlier than ever for 4:25 games so they can uh, Tailgate. Add extra time > 30 minutes for traffic. Use Google and park over a mile south of the stadium and walk the 25 minutes.

I'm going. Section 110 Row 1 seat 19.

I have season tickets but this will be the first game I actually can get to this year. Really looking forward to it.

I hate that train. It's so slow and sometimes even late for the game.

Andy, if driving from Warwick I'd leave by 2 at the latest. Park in the Gold's Gym parking lot which is on your left as you're driving up Rt 1. It's an easy walk from there even for an old guy like PatsWickedPissah and you avoid alot of traffic after the game.

Enjoy! Keep your eyes open for me, I'll be the guy in the Pats hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back