PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Advice on what fans making their first visit to Gillette can expect

Status
Not open for further replies.
after pats game question???

Hey just a general question, obviously you have to pay to park in the lots of Gillette, but after the game say one would want to go to a bar louie or cbs scene or any other place at patriot place , do you have a certain time to get out of the lot to leave before they lock the lots , or do they stay open until the bar closes thanks folks...

Re: after pats game question???

Hey just a general question, obviously you have to pay to park in the lots of Gillette, but after the game say one would want to go to a bar louie or cbs scene or any other place at patriot place , do you have a certain time to get out of the lot to leave before they lock the lots , or do they stay open until the bar closes thanks folks...

They don't close the lots 'til pretty late; you might want to check the Pats official website for the exact time. Folks normally are seen tailgating a couple hours after the game is over. (I always park at a private lot and avoid the stadium lots.)

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Gillette Stadium - Parking & Directions

According to the pats website, lots supposedly close two hours after the game.

No mention of what happens if you're stuck in traffic and still attempting to exit at that point in time ... :D

Perhaps a better question would be what time Patriot Place is open till?

Patriot Place - Shop. Dine. Enjoy. - There is something for everyone at Patriot Place

According to their site it is until 7:00 PM on Sunday, though they do say that 'hours may vary and are subject to change'. On the other hand Bar Louie says that it is open till 1:00 AM; CBS Scene only says what time they open, and not what time they close.

Worst case scenario all you have to do is move your car from one lot to another. The retail parking spots never close but they are only two hour parking during the game. Sometime after the game just move your car over before they close the other lots. Have someone sober do it though please.

Parking on Rt. 1

Looking for a place to park, 1/2 -3/4 mile from stadium. I'm 54 and can't do much more than that. Would rather not park in the stadium lots as I have to get out fairly quickly and would like to pay less than the 40 dollars...Suggestions?

Re: Parking on Rt. 1

Looking for a place to park, 1/2 -3/4 mile from stadium. I'm 54 and can't do much more than that. Would rather not park in the stadium lots as I have to get out fairly quickly and would like to pay less than the 40 dollars...Suggestions?

Take the train

I would like a pony and a pension. Lots cost $50 outside Gillette within that range and further. Over 1.5 miles towards Boston along Rt 1 is a $30 lot (last year at least) but it's a LONG walk and not well shielded from the traffic.

Last edited:

Take the train

I would like a pony and a pension. Lots cost $50 outside Gillette within that range and further. Over 1.5 miles towards Boston along Rt 1 is a $30 lot (last year at least) but it's a LONG walk and not well shielded from the traffic.

Do you know where on Rt 1 you can park <2 miles from stadium?

Right across from the stadium in several lots. I'm more familiar with the towards Boston lots which the further away you get down Rt1, most of them under a mile, the quicker exit you get once you've taken the 20 minute walk to your car. All were $50 the last couple years.

I park in the Gold's Gym lot, which is < 2 miles south of the stadium.

I park in the Gold's Gym lot, which is < 2 miles south of the stadium.

Dang ! do you hide sandwich's for the return trip? :eek:

Ha. It's not too far. Probably 1.5 miles, plus I'm a fast walker. The good thing is I can just pull out and take a right, there's no traffic and I'm on 495 in no time. No waiting behind a million cars or for a thousand people to walk in from of the lot exit. Normally I can be home in Providence about an hour after the game ends.

Better than the 5 course meal you'd need while waiting in the stadium parking lot.

Would be nice if they offered an over night tag or something. What are you supposed to do if you have a few too many? Doesn't seem like they offer a lot of help to those who would rather not drink and drive. Sadly I've never been to Gillette, so I don't have the privilege of this problem.

Would be nice if they offered an over night tag or something. What are you supposed to do if you have a few too many? Doesn't seem like they offer a lot of help to those who would rather not drink and drive. Sadly I've never been to Gillette, so I don't have the privilege of this problem.

You could just stay at the hotel, I guess.

Ha. It's not too far. Probably 1.5 miles, plus I'm a fast walker. The good thing is I can just pull out and take a right, there's no traffic and I'm on 495 in no time. No waiting behind a million cars or for a thousand people to walk in from of the lot exit. Normally I can be home in Providence about an hour after the game ends.

Sounds like one of the best options from that direction.

Also, once inside the stadium it is a LONG walk back & forth to get up to the 300s.

Foxboro Terminals is less than a mile away I believe and the parking was about 40 bucks last year. It is on the corner of North Street and Rte 1. If you are heading South on Rte 1 it is the last set of lights before Gilette - quick left onto North St. and it is the first driveway on right (about 25 feet from Rt 1). Good place to tailgate - my wife and I have used that lot 3 years running for both the Pats and Country Music Festival. Good luck!

We usually will park in one of the satellite lots on the North side. On the minus side it's a good 45 minute travel between the tailgate, getting inside the stadum and then to our seats. On the plus side, we can get in the express lane north saving us a minimum of 20'-30' minutes after leaving the game.

We usually will park in one of the satellite lots on the North side. On the minus side it's a good 45 minute travel between the tailgate, getting inside the stadum and then to our seats. On the plus side, we can get in the express lane north saving us a minimum of 20'-30' minutes after leaving the game.

There's the tradeoff in a nutshell

I am parking at Americas best holiday inn..or something like that..across from the storage units coming from the south..25 min walk..no real traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down