PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adopt a player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most Ohio State fans are split on what he wants to do. Some seem hell bent on that hes staying with the school other tend to think he'll go for the draft and be taken relatively high.

Most likely hinges on whether OSU beats LSU or not.

What about Beau Bell? He's huge and fast. We've dipped into UNLV at LB before without success, but Bell is a rare breed. Like Durant, Quincy Black and Antwan Barnes, he's a physical freak playing at a lower level who should go 1st day and make an impact in the NFL. 6'2'' 250 lb LBers who shed and cover are beyond rare. About one of those comes out every year. He, Laurinitis and Maualuga may be the only ones who can do it, and Bell can probably be had in rd 2. We have to grab these guys early now that Parcells is back in the mix. He knows a good big LB when he sees one.

Seems like a good fit for special teams and possible SS/OLB, similar to who they use Rodney sometimes. Hard to say if Izzo will be back, there could be some open ST spots. Great post, thanks for the info.

FWIW--and this is just an opinion based on what I've seen--I suspect that Belichick is grooming Kyle Eckel for Izzo's ST role. They're somewhat similar in size, and look how often Eckel is in on ST plays.

I find it amazing that Parcells can reload the Dallas LB staff with young studs so quickly and efficiently while BB continues to hang on to the social security eligible group that we have now.

If a Dallas LB goes down, Dallas can plug in Spencer or Carpenter. Both former first round talents.

If one of our guys goes down, we have Alexander or Woods. Both UDFAs.

It's mind numbing when you think about it.

I find it amazing that Parcells can reload the Dallas LB staff with young studs so quickly and efficiently while BB continues to hang on to the social security eligible group that we have now.

If a Dallas LB goes down, Dallas can plug in Spencer or Carpenter. Both former first round talents.

If one of our guys goes down, we have Alexander or Woods. Both UDFAs.

It's mind numbing when you think about it.

But, obviously, there has to be some reason for it. I'm not saying it's a reason that you or I would agree with, but there has to be a reason why--despite Belichick's affinity for linebackers--he seems loath to draft them.

Last edited:
I just think that BB does not trust young inexperienced players to play linebacker in his defense. The linebackers are the glue to the Pats defense and a mistake by a young guy could be devastating on any given play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft