PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Shefter says Josh McDaniels will NOT interview for HC jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thinking.

BillB moves up to be GM/VP and McDaniels become HC.

Maybe 2-3yrs from now.

WRONG!!!

If that is the case shame on BB for setting up Josh in the same situation he ran from as HC of the NYJ. With Parcells as the GM by the second loss the call for Parcells to come back start.

If the Patriots start 3-3, like this year, everyone wonders if BB comes back as coach.

Think it through people. When BB goes, he needs to go for real.

This is all Felger and Mazz talked about on the radio today.

I think Bill has one more year to go.

Felger and Mazz are idiots. Right now Josh is the guy who failed in Denver and drafted Tebow and can not demand what he wants - be it money or control of some level. If he stays, he is the hot OC of the Patriots offense who for years led the league in something (assuming Brady stays healthy) and can negotiate from strength.

Yes, someone took a random stab at this a few years ago and it's been the only date ever mentioned since (because no one knows).

My stab is is closer to 2020. Feel free to quote me. ;)

He's never actually said how long he wants to coach, but a few years ago he did say something along the lines of "I'm not planning to coach in my 80s."

He's never actually said how long he wants to coach, but a few years ago he did say something along the lines of "I'm not planning to coach in my 80s."
Another 18-19 seasons until BB is 79 as a swansong Superbowl retirement season will do me just fine. ;)

Actually it was into my 70's like Marv Levy - who was 72 in his last season as a HC with the Bills. So we've potentially got up to another 8-9 seasons... Marv did make a comeback in his 80's but that was as a GM for two seasons at the behest of the 80 something owner who wanted his floundering organization overhauled by someone he trusted.

WRONG!!!

If that is the case shame on BB for setting up Josh in the same situation he ran from as HC of the NYJ. With Parcells as the GM by the second loss the call for Parcells to come back start.

If the Patriots start 3-3, like this year, everyone wonders if BB comes back as coach.

Think it through people. When BB goes, he needs to go for real.

Kind of like the way he sent Tommy packing during Cassel's replacement season here. Bill isn't into distractions or looming over a guy who is going to have a hell of a task at hand in simply replacing his predecessor. And I've never gotten the sense that the personnel end of the equation appeals to him (although he technically handles it out of necessity as part of his deal because he believes a HC absent final authority is just a guy waiting to get canned for someone else's miscalculations).

When he departs here he will have a bucket list of other things he'd have hoped to do in his lifetime. Could be coaching at Annapolis or lacrosse at Wesleyn or writing a sequel to his late father's book or joining the seniors golf tour or competing in celebrity fishing tournaments...or standing on a sideline watching one of his son's coaching a college or NFL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST