PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Shefter says Josh McDaniels will NOT interview for HC jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if someone else is buying the groceries.. McDaniels is horrible there.

His buying the groceries was not as bad as people make it out to be. Some of his picks were god-awful, but the current Broncos team is built in part on some of the players he brought in.

Personally, I am glad to see McDaniels staying.

Figure as much, moving 3 time in 2 years will strain the kids a lot.

I don't know why anyone would want to interview him now, anyway. He's gotta win a SB
before he should be considered for another HC gig.

Don't forget Maroney and Chad Jackson. It was McDaniels who pushed them on BB and over-road the scouting staff and caused Daboll to walk.

That old tired made up story again?

By the way if he made Daboll walk, that is quite a positive isn't it?

I don't know why anyone would want to interview him now, anyway. He's gotta win a SB
before he should be considered for another HC gig.

Here's why:

1.) Many of his mistakes were the sort that a first time HC makes.

2.) Many of his other mistakes were the sort that a man trying to be someone else makes. He supposedly learned from that.

3.) He's been proven right (at least to an extent) about Tebow, Cutler and Marshall, and his 2nd draft was a darned good one.

4.) From what I've heard, those in the know realize that he got a raw deal and that the problems in Denver were by no means all on him.

5.) He's done some very impressive things with this offense this year, despite the claims of some of the resident OC wannabes.

I personally think he should wait another season or two, and that he should only move on if he can get a team that already has a QB, but I can see why he might be tempted.

As they're best friends I'm sure they'd love it. I love Josh but I think he'll move on before Bill retires unless Bill surprises me and walks soon. I think he has at least 5 more year left.

BB was 48 when he became HC of the NEP. McDaniels is 36. He's got time. :)

I wouldn't either. Question is, will he stay an assistant long enough until BB finally retires

...... or does he already know when BB will retire? Hopefully, he is just raising his value.

When BB goes, my hope is we get McDaniels to be HC.

...... or does he already know when BB will retire? Hopefully, he is just raising his value.

When BB goes, my hope is we get McDaniels to be HC.

That's the thinking.

BillB moves up to be GM/VP and McDaniels become HC.

Maybe 2-3yrs from now.

His classmate is learning how to do that here...Caserio. QB and WR...Josh recommended him for a job here. After Saban recommended Josh for a job here.

That said, if BB continues to enjoy himself here Josh will probably go off to try his hand again, although that doesn't preclude him coaching here eventually. Just not sure how well he will fare coaching any team absent a QB like Brady. Not entirely sure how BB would fare, either. Although he'd likely keep them competitive via defense alone in that case.

There are control and organizational structure and new ownership and lack of QB issues plaguing most of the current vacancies. Bill always cautions his protoges that absent near total control over your own coaching destiny you're potentially screwed no matter how good you might be.

coach the offensive unit of a Super Bowl winning team and watch your star rise again...THAT is McDaniels best scenario...

Last edited:

Well, there's plenty of experienced GMs running around out there to choose from. It will be interesting to watch Michael Lombardi's career path over the next few years.

Last edited:
Josh passing up a chance to coach in his native Ohio makes me wonder about BB.
I remember reading somewhere some time ago that BB was going to call it quits in 2013. I hope this isn't it for the master.

I remember reading somewhere some time ago that BB was going to call it quits in 2013. I hope this isn't it for the master.

Only on Patsfans can good news be spun into dire predictions

Here's why:

3.) He's been proven right (at least to an extent) about Tebow, Cutler and Marshall, and his 2nd draft was a darned good one.

I personally think he should wait another season or two, and that he should only move on if he can get a team that already has a QB, but I can see why he might be tempted.

I think he was proven right on the Cutler/Marshall moves. Tebow will either be out of the league or a backup. IMO, drafting Tebow with a #1 pick was a mistake.

Last edited:

This is all Felger and Mazz talked about on the radio today.

I think Bill has one more year to go.

This is all Felger and Mazz talked about on the radio today.

I think Bill has one more year to go.

This seems to come up every year. I can easily see BB coaching for another 4-5 years. He just retooled the defense with young talent and Brady still has plenty of tread left on the tires. Felger and Mazz are just looking for a little attention.

Only on Patsfans can good news be spun into dire predictions

Felger was begging reporters to press Belichick into a corner on that theory. He and Mazz spent most of their 4 hours banging that drum today.

edit sorry, i see that point was already made

Last edited:
FWIW, Bedard said on TV tonight that he's heard rumblings that Belichick has extended his contract beyond 2013. But, of course, there's no way for us to actually know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back