PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas league's worst linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adalius Thomas leagues worst linebacker

The Cards are crying out for LB's. Send him and a 7th there for a 5th.

Good call. However, if at the end of the day I could get just a 7th for him, I'm taking it.

Now I have been an AD defender and someone who has been hoping that they keep him this year. HOWEVER what is most disturbing for me, wasn't the 8 misses, but the fact he only had 24 tackles. Those oar CB numbers....and bad CB numbers at that. I cannot believe that he played the entire year and only had a shot at 32 tackles as a LB.

I'd love to see the total number of plays he was on the field in regular D. If its 2/3rds or more that I have had a change of mind about AD Thomas

Numbers like that tell me that he stayed blocked. Playing the strongside in a belichick 34 with Ty Warren in front of you? That's a pretty high tackle position. Couldn't get off blocks and whiffed in the open. That's effort.

Last edited:

told ya he sucked 2 years ago, along with kaczur, koppen, and light.

Just cut the guy,who would trade for a bad 9mil a year linebacker? I know you take a cap hit of what 4mil? Your still gaining 5mil since his salary is 9.

His salary is 4.9, not 9. There is no cap hit this year but if there were...his cap hit would be 4.9+4.4 if retained and 4.4 if cut or traded.

Thank you for your assistance.

Always comforting to know we have the spell check, add link and gramatical (also can be spelled with 2 m's) police thriving on this site.

As for AD - sure would be nice to get anything for him and also not see him to go the Jets. Not that I think he will discover the fountain of youth, his lost speed or talent if he did go there. It's just that I would just hate having to listen to his freaking rants twice a year along with his buddy coach Ryan & fellow teammate Scott.

If there is one championship Jets win hands down these days, without a doubt they are #1 in LOUD MOUTHS!!

Last edited:

told ya he sucked 2 years ago, along with kaczur, koppen, and light.

bbell31
Practice Squad

Last edited:

It's highly doubtful that Belichick would just let him walk away without nothing at all in return. While we may not be able to get too great of a pick for him, we should be able to get something--from someone. Out of 32 teams in this league, someone will part with a 6th or 7th rounder in 2011--in a worst case scenario.

While he had some poor production in 2009, that doesn't erase his seasons prior where he showed average to good production. Some feel he would've been an MVP candidate for SB 42, had we hung on.

This is a league where Joey Porter just got a great money deal.
Yeah, and what did the Dolphins get in return?

The only way Thomas gets traded is if TWO teams want him, and one wants him bad enough to trade. Otherwise just wait until he is cut. If he isn't, so what? There isn't any team who feels the absolutely need to have him thsi year.

Yeah, and what did the Dolphins get in return?

The only way Thomas gets traded is if TWO teams want him, and one wants him bad enough to trade. Otherwise just wait until he is cut. If he isn't, so what? There isn't any team who feels the absolutely need to have him thsi year.

If that is your opinion that Belichick would simply cut him, then fine. I can't see how he would allow the possibility of AD going to a division rival, thus making them stronger.

Some of us believe that Belichick will try to get something, anything, for him in return. You may be one of the ones who doesn't think this way--more power to you. If Belichick allows our major FA aquisition from 2007 to simply walk away with not even a low round draft pick in return, AND risks making a provenly strong division rival even stronger, then I'd be somewhat surprised.

Since ARZ just gave Porter a very decent deal, then obviously yes, there was some market for him. If no one wants to part with a 6th or 7th for AD, even next year, then I don't think BB will let him leave. That's just my opinion, right or wrong. Only time will tell.

My guess is that Thomas will be traded for low (perhaps conditional-only) value, then cut by the team that trades for him.

Also, and not 100% consistently with my first comment, I note that if he's only cut in late August, his choice of teams will be different than it is now. The one willing to pay him the most money might not be the one with the best stylistic fit (e.g., Jets), but rather the one that has the biggest remaining hole at LB.

While I agree that he'll probably be traded, I wouldn't be absolutely shocked to see him stay either. While he hasn't lived up to his huge versatility hype, he did give us options at both inside and outside LB positions. He has indeed provided some production, just not as much as we expected. It's interesting that he was quite a force in the SB, and had a decent year in 2008 also. We were all very upset when he broke his arm, as he was showing some good force at times in 08. I'll always remember the Brett Favre sack when he took down 2 guys.

He obviously didn't have his heart into it last year, as there are reports of problems with BB and positioning all the way back to the very 1st game vs. BUF. It'll be interesting to see if Belichick thinks he can play still in whatever role he may see fit. It's possible also that BB is waiting for some other, better options at the position before he decides one way or the other.

I agree, at least at this point the LB core is not exactly a mile deep. I keep him until at least the draft and wouldn't be afraid to start the season with him as a high quality backup at ILB and OLB (albeit overpaid).

We all know BB,Just when fans and media all agree upon the 100% certain that AD is traded or cut,he remains a Patriot in the end for 2010.

This game has been played before,I ain't buying the BB hates AD,AD hates BB stuff - in the end its a business and they both will do what they think is best.

Last edited:

Always comforting to know we have the spell check, add link and gramatical (also can be spelled with 2 m's) police thriving on this site.

As for AD - sure would be nice to get anything for him and also not see him to go the Jets. Not that I think he will discover the fountain of youth, his lost speed or talent if he did go there. It's just that I would just hate having to listen to his freaking rants twice a year along with his buddy coach Ryan & fellow teammate Scott.

If there is one championship Jets win hands down these days, without a doubt they are #1 in LOUD MOUTHS!!

Remember the student hall monitors from elementary school asking to see your hall pass or telling you not to run? Same guys.

As for AD, I agree 100%.

That's a pretty telling stat. Tackling is a head and heart thing. You're going to have lots of chances to make tackles at that position, and not properly breaking down, grabbing jersey, or tackling high is going to result in lots of whiffs. That's mental stuff. Confirms that his heart wasn't in it.

I was actually thinking that this probably does more to back-up my synopsis that he just isn't a read and react type of player. He does better in a defense where he doesn't have to think as much.

If that is your opinion that Belichick would simply cut him, then fine. I can't see how he would allow the possibility of AD going to a division rival, thus making them stronger.
I don't think you can manage a team by worrying about other teams. Once you start cutting off your nose to spite yhour face, you have a team of poor players you kept so someone else wouldn't have them AND your nose is gone.

If AD is so good he will come back to haunt us, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. He'd be a lock to stay with the Pats. The fact is he is NOT playing well, and why would the Pats use up a roster spot for a subpar player so he won't go to another team? This reminds me of all the hullaballo about Belichick cutting Milloy and letting him go to a Division Rival. It bothers fans more than it bothers BB, I'm sure.

Anyway, I've lost count of the number of Pats players that went to the Jets the past few years. AD will just be one more in the string.

How about we draft someone that challenges him? A young guy that wants it may get his competitive juices flowing.

It's highly doubtful that Belichick would just let him walk away without nothing at all in return. While we may not be able to get too great of a pick for him, we should be able to get something--from someone. Out of 32 teams in this league, someone will part with a 6th or 7th rounder in 2011--in a worst case scenario.

While he had some poor production in 2009, that doesn't erase his seasons prior where he showed average to good production. Some feel he would've been an MVP candidate for SB 42, had we hung on.

This is a league where Joey Porter just got a great money deal.

Who would take him at that salary?

AD can play and play very well I'm willing to bet, but only when he wants to. If his head and heart are into it (Superbowl) he 's a force. When he doesn't care enough about the game at hand (pick any game he played in in 2009) then he gets lazy and stubborn, like a little kid.

If he ends up on the nyj, he'll be very motivated, especially when it comes time to play the Pats.

If the numbers from last year were his best effort than it doesn't matter where he ends up, but that's not the case.

Get Al Davis on the phone...and find Ralph Wilson in the rolodex.

:rofl: Go see who is the number one I suck at tackling CB in part one of this series. Hint, he's incredibly wealthy and a former Pat. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST