PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas league's worst linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
A) Is there any team willing to use a 7th to secure Thomas for camp, with a salary of $4.9M payable if he makes the team for Game One (with a 2011 salary of $5.9M if he makes the team in 2011).

B) Would the patriots want to keep him in camp and have him compete, cutting him if we do not want to pay Thomas $4.9M? To say this another way, do the patriots have any interest in Thomas at $4.9M?

C) The signing bonus is irrelevant.
===========================================
MY GUESS
My guess is that the patriots have no interest in Thomas and will trade him or cut him before veterans are required to report. Also, I suspect that there exists one team who would be willing to "risk" a 7th.

As of now, Ninkovich would get the increased reps opposite Banta-Cain, with Woods getting a simil;ar number of reps to 2009. It is anticipated that we will add a rookie (or two) who would get some reps. A veteran and Crable are also possibilities.

BOTTOM LINE
I don't think that the patriots have Thomas in their 2010 plans.

Last edited:
I had a dream the other night that Adalius attended a Celtics game and people booed him.

A) Is there any team willing to use a 7th to secure Thomas for camp, with a salary of $4.9M payable if he makes the team for Game One (with a 2011 salary of $5.9M if he makes the team in 2011).

B) Would the patriots want to keep him in camp and have him compete, cutting him if we do not want to pay Thomas $4.9M? To say this another way, do the patriots have any interest in Thomas at $4.9M?

MY GUESS
My guess is that the patriots have no interest in Thomas and will trade him or cut him before veterans are required to report. Also, I suspect that there exists one team who would be willing to "risk" a 7th.

As of now, Ninkovich would get the increased reps opposite Banta-Cain, with Woods getting a simil;ar number of reps to 2009. It is anticipated that we will add a rookie (or two) who would get some reps. A veteran and Crable are also possibilities.

BOTTOM LINE

Could not agree more. There is no way AD makes it to any and all mandatory team activities. His time is done here.

MY GUESS

BOTTOM LINE

Where I differ is that, assuming BB believes that AD will actually put out effort when on the field (the $64,000 question), he might keep him untill he assesses the LB injury situation at end of training camp. If he cuts/trades (unlikely even for a 7th) AD earlier, I read it as he thinks the guy would be a 'dog faker' :p on plays.

Unfortunately, that would make him valuable to the Jets because they love to blitz and can only create pressure when they blitz.

========================================================

Kris Jenkins says hello, beyond injury prone Jenkins, Ellis, Pouha, and Divito all had some limited success rushing the passer.

Jets do blitz more then anyone, and it is true when they want to apply pressure they send the boys.

Kris Jenkins says hello, beyond injury prone Jenkins, Ellis, Pouha, and Divito all had some limited success rushing the passer.

Jets do blitz more then anyone, and it is true when they want to apply pressure they send the boys.

Is Jenkins even going to play this year? Seriously, an injury prone NT with weight and motivation issues in his 30s coming off his third season ending injury (second ACL tear). I wouldn't hold out much hope for him to return to close to form. If he didn't have weight and conditioning concerns I might not be as doubtful of his return to form.

MY GUESS

BOTTOM LINE

I agree for the most part with your post, except the part on who would replace ADT on the Pats roster because I haven't a clue about that and that there is a team willing to give up a 7th.

If it weren't for his $4.9 and $5.9 plenty of teams would give up a 7th, heck the Jets would maybe give a 4th/5th, ADT is not going to tear up his contract so he could be traded or play at a reasonable salary.

I had a dream the other night that Adalius attended a Celtics game and people booed him.

They'll be cheering him after he's playing like a beast for NE next year.

MY GUESS

BOTTOM LINE

I don't know that he'll be cut, but on the assumption they want him gone it doesn't really serve them to cut him any earlier than they have to, which is probably final cut downs.
if they hold out 'til the last minute they might get some team like wash, oak, or dallas to blink.
the uncapped year makes it just about the out of pocket money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes