PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats frustrating - but the good news is the Patriots are clearly aware and frustrated by their two key deficiencies: pass rush and wide receiver - and are prepared to spend on it. The efforts to get Boldin & Peppers may have failed, but there are other guys out there...at least in the draft....

Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

Wilson at 4:42 PM:

Wow...

Man Im at a lost for words, its really getting frustrating.

Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

Wilson at 4:42 PM:

Wow...

Hmmm..... possibilities:

1.) Wilson got it wrong and is pulling a CYA

2.) The Cardinals were trying to milk the deal for more and BB won't bite

3.) BB's got a line on another receiver as we type

Thats frustrating - but the good news is the Patriots are clearly aware and frustrated by their two key deficiencies: pass rush and wide receiver - and are prepared to spend on it. The efforts to get Boldin & Peppers may have failed, but there are other guys out there...at least in the draft....

Not many who can help like Peppers and Boldin. And you just never know with the draft.

This sentence is so confusing and aggravating can you break it down?

He withdrew because they were the FRONTRUNNERS to the PLAYER they WANTED?

We don't know what they're asking. It was only rumoured they wanted a third. What if they've turned round and asked for a first rounder?

This sentence is so confusing and aggravating can you break it down?

He withdrew because they were the FRONTRUNNERS to the PLAYER they WANTED?

As much as i would love to have Boldin. He will want a new deal at about 8 mil a year!!

Hmmm..... possibilities:

1.) Wilson got it wrong and is pulling a CYA

2.) The Cardinals were trying to milk the deal for more and BB won't bite

Or he was trying to raise the price for Pioli or Newsome.

As much as i would love to have Boldin. He will want a new deal at about 8 mil a year!!

He's worth it...

Whoa! Watch the blaspheming there, chief ;)

I just meant that if he ends up being traded for a 3rd, it's not necessarily a "no-brainer" that we should have pulled the trigger, since we would have to out pay that by a decent margin without a 3rd of our own.

Sorry to jump on you, it's just that last night people were saying this would never happen, simply b/c we currently don't own a third. :eek:

Tells me BB has other irons in the fire and, after all this Bolden talk, the other irons are coming back to BB. That's how negotiations go sometimes...

Maybe if Chiefs get him, Bowe is available at a better price for us? Younger and under team control longer.

This is very true. The "gamble" receivers are still out there. T.O and Bryant...

the pats are making half-arsed attempts to make it look like they're trying.....

in light of current CBA issues, the primary mantra of the pats will be to spend as little as possible while keeping the seats filled

I never wanted Boldin anyway......

:( :( :(

Why go the whole way and then pull out (innuendo?)

Douchebaggery again.

Well atleast we have Patten and Aiken still

SB favorites for sure

Hey, if TBC is worth 4.5 Mil a year than Boldin is def worth 8

Maybe if Chiefs get him, Bowe is available at a better price for us? Younger and under team control longer.

But Bowe's got enough red flags (one being questionable work ethic), for Pioli to be concerned about him, so why would you want the Patriots to bring him in?

Josh Reed and Golden Tate would suffice

Dollar-for-dollar I'd rather have Arnaz Battle - poor man's Boldin.

I think in this offense, if healthy, he is a better version of David Givens.

Well atleast we have Patten and Aiken still

SB favorites for sure

Hahaha you know it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3