PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Take a good laugh this is just to lighten it up)

I just went on Madden 10, according to it with the latest roster updates the best FA WRs are:

Terrell Owens: 87
Derrek Mason: 86
Kevin Walter: 78
Antonio Bryant: 77

Our WR according to Madden: :p

Randy Moss: 93
Wes Welker: 91
Julian Edelman: 72
Sam Aiken: 69

Even madden knows we don't have a 3rd receiver. :D

*FACEPALM* Why do people think that a video game has any relevance to REAL FOOTBALL!!

Madden thinks that Vollmer is a total scrub player rated in the 60s when according to some real football metrics he was a top 5 LT! Again, enough with the madden comparisons, it's totally irrelevant! :bricks:

Last edited:
Him or Marshall please. Ease my mind BB

I think were stuck with the StAikens and Slaters and Pattens of the world, or whatever the Pats can get through the draft.

I think were stuck with the StAikens and Slaters and Pattens of the world, or whatever the Pats can get through the draft.

If we get Mason I might have to cut my wrists

I hope not

we'll be lucky to be .500 if we don't land a good WR in FA

Considering our draft picks will be lucky to see the field before 2020

Did you also think that on the first day of FA in 2007? You know, before the Pats brought in Welker and Moss or signed Stallworth?

All of the Peppers and Bolden are all PR ... its never going to happen.. Why pull out???

Moss is a 95 in madden not 93. Just sayin'

Did you also think that on the first day of FA in 2007? You know, before the Pats brought in Welker and Moss or signed Stallworth?

Nope I didnt but Id be shocked if it went down that way again. With all of the uncertainty about the 2011 season and the Pats not wanting to spend on big time players I doubt they lock up any free agent long term, im talking about their franchised player too.

This is fun. Pats can say they tried for PR purposes.

If we get Mason I might have to cut my wrists

You'd cut your wrists if they sign a guy who had 1,000 yards receiving last year?

Makes perfect sense!

You'd cut your wrists if they sign a guy who had 1,000 yards receiving last year?

Makes perfect sense!

If they sign a 37 year old WR when Welker is going to miss significant time....uh yeah it makes sense genius.

After they singed Patten. ugh

You are kidding right?

Arnaz Battle couldn't make the starting lineup for the 49ers and you would rather have him than pro-bowler Anquan Boldin?

Maybe you are unfamiliar with the phrase "dollar-for-dollar," but I'm just saying Battle is more value at his salary cost and no compensation than paying a premium draft pick and huge salary to Boldin, who has played a 16-game season 2x in his seven year career.

I love Boldin and would be happy with the Pats getting him, but Battle could potentially be the bigger value. As far as him "not cracking the niners staring lineup" he was a starter with them plenty of his career, not sure what he was doing last season, thought he was the slot guy.

But I watch games with my eyes, I don't just look at names and stats, and Battle is a very good WR who would flourish in the Pats offense.

This is fun. Pats can say they tried for PR purposes.

Well we can say that in Oct when we face Balt and Chi , hey at least we tried to get those guys..

Why is it that people automatically ASSUME that the P/ts weren't serious about Boldin? You are absolutely CLUELESS about the situation other than the tune that the press was playing. You look like ignorant fools badmouthing the Pats wheb you have no REAL information on what happened.

If they sign a 37 year old WR when Welker is going to miss significant time....uh yeah it makes sense genius.

After they singed Patten. ugh

You're right, it does make perfect sense for the Patriots to sign Mason. I knew you would come around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back