PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

SIGN the beast!!!! :singing:

Um, you mean trade for the beast. ;)

Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

************! The fact that the Pats don't currently have a third means nothing. You think BB or the Cards are going to let that detail (which can change at the drop of a hat) get in the way? Cards: "Sorry Bill, but the Ravens DO have a third, and that's the number we originally threw out there, so we feel obligated to reject your offer of your lowest 2nd, or 4th + conditional, or swapping some picks to make it happen. :confused:

Whoa! Watch the blaspheming there, chief ;)

I just meant that if he ends up being traded for a 3rd, it's not necessarily a "no-brainer" that we should have pulled the trigger, since we would have to out pay that by a decent margin without a 3rd of our own.

And Schefter said on NFL Live that the Pats are in it, but are not the frontrunners.

So if Schefter and Wilson both say the Pats are in it, I'm inclined to believe them over Lombardi.

Good point...

Man would that be fun to watch. That would be the 2007 Pats all over again. However for the future of this team I don't think we should trade away two 2nd rounders.

Well, to be fair, it's going to be extremely easy to upgrade over Sam Aiken for the WR3 position, and Olsen would be a receiving upgrade while being a dramatic blocking downgrade. If Olsen comes in, the Patriots will have to be sure to find an excellent blocking tight end, as well.

Price on Twitter:

capeleaguer

Hearing right now a Boldin-to-Patriots deal is not in the offing, at least not today.

Hmm, so the trade isn't going down today?
Adding Boldin + Walters would upgrade the WR corps substantially!

Hmm, so the trade isn't going down today?
Adding Boldin + Walters would upgrade the WR corps substantially!

Highly doubt they'd add both, unless they were to move Moss.

Arg I hate having Twitter blocked at work.

He just says a trade for Boldin isnt in the works with the Patriots, as of yet.

Wilson at 4:38 PM:

RavensInsider

Hearing it's not over for Ravens as far as Boldin, Chiefs involved, too. New England interest might wane, per a league source.

NOT good...

Last edited:

Um, you mean trade for the beast. ;)

Of course, then SIGN the beast to a 4yr deal.;)

Atleast we can't get pissed off during the draft. O wait...

"Patriots trade down from #23 to #26". "Patriots trade from #26 to #34".

Highly doubt they'd add both, unless they were to move Moss.

How much is Walters going to make? He sounds like more of a mid level free agent to me. He'll probably get less than TBC did.

Wilson at 4:38 PM:

NOT good...

Not much has gone good for the Pats so far other than TBC resigning. What sucks is we know their trying to pursue players they want but just arent making it happen yet.

How much is Walters going to make? He sounds like more of a mid level free agent to me. He'll probably get less than TBC did.

I'm just saying numbers-wise. They would then have Moss, Welker (inj), Boldin, Walters, Edelman, Tate, Aiken.

Wilson at 4:42 PM:

RavensInsider

Now, a different source tells me Patriots are pulling out after Belichick pursued it to the point where they were regarded as frontrunner.

Wow...

Well, that's frustrating, if true.

Wilson at 4:42 PM:

Wow...

This sentence is so confusing and aggravating can you break it down?

He withdrew because they were the FRONTRUNNERS to the PLAYER they WANTED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back