PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [UPDATE: PATS PULL OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

BTW, if I am Boldin, I want to be traded to the Pats. Assuming a long term deal is not made, his best chance to make a killing in free agency next year is having Brady throwing to him even if he is splitting catches with Moss.

Re: Aaron Wilson: Sources: Pats leader to land Boldin [Schefter: Deal close, BAL or K

KC needs everything. Their receiving corps was brutal to the point that Chambers, cut from S.D., was a huge upgrade to that team.

Not to mention some other guys. Wade comes to mind. Engram too?

If the Patriots can get Olsen and Boldin while giving up only one of your 2nd round picks and either lower picks or picks in 2011, that would be one hell of a start to the offseason. Bring back Neal and Faulk, and you've got your starting lineup locked and upgraded when/if Welker returns.

Yeah if they can get both Boldin and Olsen, they can focus strictly on the defense via the draft.

If the Patriots can get Olsen and Boldin while giving up only one of your 2nd round picks and either lower picks or picks in 2011, that would be one hell of a start to the offseason. Bring back Neal and Faulk, and you've got your starting lineup locked and upgraded when/if Welker returns.

Man would that be fun to watch. That would be the 2007 Pats all over again. However for the future of this team I don't think we should trade away two 2nd rounders.

Rapoport at 4:22 PM:

I am being cautioned on the potential Patriots-Anquan Boldin trade. If anything is imminent, the people aren't ready to say it. Nothing yet

ha lombardi just said the pats aren't in it at all...booo

Ok Michael Lombardi just said Pats have no interest in Boldin lol, and he said theyve resigned Neal so go figure I dunno wtf is going on.

BTW, if I am Boldin, I want to be traded to the Pats. Assuming a long term deal is not made, his best chance to make a killing in free agency next year is having Brady throwing to him even if he is splitting catches with Moss.

That goes without saying. Can't see the Ravens being nothing other than a run first, then run type offense next year with Rice in this form.

If this deal goes through I may just soil myself.

Yeah if they can get both Boldin and Olsen, they can focus strictly on the defense via the draft.
They'll still need to replace Neal, IMO. They're going to draft an interior OL early...or a Tackle if they think Light will move inside.

Not to mention some other guys. Wade comes to mind. Engram too?

Engram was a bust for the Chiefs, and he got cut in November. He was part of the problem, because his days of getting open are gone. Wade was killing them with dropped passes.

People liked to bag on Cassel for that team's problems, but that offense was a trainwreck at just about every position. Cassel never had a chance.

Rapoport at 4:22 PM:

It seems to be Patriots vs. Ravens. Come on, Bill.
-------------------
It must be weird being a player about to be traded, going in your head "I could be living here, playing for X, etc."

It seems to be Patriots vs. Ravens. Come on, Bill.
-------------------
It must be weird being a player about to be traded, going in your head "I could be living here, playing for X, etc."

Not according to Lombardi, the Pats arent in it at all.

Hey, It's a hole that needs filling and he might be the right peg.
Peppers was a long shot with the $. I doubt if the Pats were really ever more than kicking the tires. At $12m that is way too much.

How much do you guys think Anquan wants to sign for?

We get him and Gocong (3rd or a trade) and resign Bodden.....Or would you trade #22 for Ray Edwards? Is there any twenty one year old kid who is better in the pass rush than Edwards who is only 25? Just sayin....

There is your DE, OLB and resign a very good CB (plus finalize Wilfork).

Swap for TE Olsen.

Maybe Thomas Jones

Not let's set up for the Draft.
DW Toys

Sounds good to me! :D

Ok Michael Lombardi just said Pats have no interest in Boldin lol, and he said theyve resigned Neal so go figure I dunno wtf is going on.

I'm looking at lombardi's twitter now, and he doesn't mention boldin anywhere. Where are you looking?

Michael Lombardi (michaelombardi) on Twitter

SIGN the beast!!!! :singing:

Not according to Lombardi, the Pats arent in it at all.

And Schefter said on NFL Live that the Pats are in it, but are not the frontrunners.

So if Schefter and Wilson both say the Pats are in it, I'm inclined to believe them over Lombardi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back