PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A very interesting take on spygate by John Czarnecki

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet Peter King cannot understand why the story "went away." Everyone does something to gain an edge, and even Goodell must have known he'd be opening a can of worms. Jimmy Johnson and Mike Shanahan's comments (both recent and from a few years ago) probably didn't help.. you've got the last three coaches to win back to back superbowls doing things considered outside the rules to win.

At this point if people want to keep beating this story to death, go ahead. Meanwhile the Pats will just focus on putting up 34+ every week and making the rest of the league look like fools.

bump for my homeys and biatches... and i will continue to bump this.

this should not be ignored.

why are the pats the only team being punished for something that is done LEAGUE WIDE?

Why not let Florio run with this like he does with everything else?

Last edited:
Hi. My real identity is Peter King. I give up. I'm a fool.

Ask not what Bill can do for me; ask what I can do for Bill.

To add my 2 cents, i find it interesting that Kraft seemed to kind of not care too much about the whole thing either, like he also knew that what BB did was only what everyone else was doing. If BB was the only HC doing this, i would have to imagine that Kraft would have been furious and made a stronger public statement, but seeing that he pretty much backed his HC, tells me anyway that Kraft as well knew that there was dirt on more teams.

To add my 2 cents, i find it interesting that Kraft seemed to kind of not care too much about the whole thing either, like he also knew that what BB did was only what everyone else was doing. If BB was the only HC doing this, i would have to imagine that Kraft would have been furious and made a stronger public statement, but seeing that he pretty much backed his HC, tells me anyway that Kraft as well knew that there was dirt on more teams.

Kraft values his image and standing in the league so I think he was actually quite pissed that the whole turned into such a media blowout. However, when you're in a league where there is a high turnover in head coaching, you'll put up with this for what Belichick brings as a coach and evaluator of talent. The funny thing is for all the crap thrown at Belichick, most teams (other than the ones he has a sour previous relationship with) wouldn't hesitate to hire him.

It was an annoying situation, but Marvin Lewis, Norv Turner, Lovie Smith, and a whole bunch of other coaches would love for a few days of bad press to be their biggest problem this year. Belichick has kept the team focused on winning and that is what matters.

let the story live and fester. King and easterbrook are doing us a great service.

the longer this story lasts, the hotter the fire will be in every veteran patriot belly to (how did the other thread put it) "eff the nfl" and bring home another championchip this year

You are so right. Goodell should have slapped the Pats on the wrist with a fine, fined the Jets for leaking league office information to the press, and issued another of his worthless memos. He's in over his head, and reacted to the PR storm stirred up by the Jets. The media storm was exploited by BB's enemies on the competition commitee, and pressed by the Players Association, who wanted a white collar example made to appease their blue collar rank and file after so many player suspensions. This was Goodell's chance to show some guts, think on his feet, and exhibit foresight and wisdom. He failed miserably. I'm sure he has come to realize what a fool he was for falling for this nonsense. Kraft did the commish a favor by accepting his punishment quietly, and in effect covering up for Goodell's idiocy. This was a fiasco created by Goodell's mismanagement.

Only thing is why did the Pats allow the league to take away a valuable first round pick? Seems like a heavy price to pay for covering up the commish' clusterf*&k!

Only thing is why did the Pats allow the league to take away a valuable first round pick? Seems like a heavy price to pay for covering up the commish' clusterf*&k!

(cue mysterious music...) Perhaps said pick may be seredipitiously "re-instated" in a later, more timely season...

Have felt all along this whole thing went away pretty quickly, because it was found out after the initial b..hole reaction by the commissioner that this was going on pretty much throughout the league. What does he do then? Take away a whole bunch of 1st rounders or give back the Pats their #1?? Can't do either, so he destroys what the Pats have, orders the other teams (quietly and secretly) to give up their stuff as did the pats and move one. His whole thing about the integrity of the game is temporarily sacred, but somewhere someday, someone will talk. Bill will be exhonerated and the game will move on, despite Goodell.

if this comes out, the league may be compromised....something NONE of us want to see
Not "none of us" ... I wouldn't mind at all. I actually enjoy it when the NFL is compromised.

I like football, but I can't stand the NFL, the most hypocritical and sanctimonious professional sporting organization around. Football wouldn't be compromised, just the NFL and the collection of lackeys and sycophants that make up the roster of "journalists" at ESPN and all the other national outlets.

if this comes out, the league may be compromised....something NONE of us want to see

that's not my godamn problem.

The pats were punished for something that EVERY TEAM does.

I sit back and watch the b.s. calls every year in the playoffs that go against this team. Then you add this.

That Donald Trump look alike sack of trash stole away a first round pick. That would be like him taking a 1st round pick away because of a holding penalty on the pats.

Would you find that acceptable?

I'd rather see the nfl go to **** than just see the pats get penalized.

This bias is complete horse****.

Last edited:
everyone needs to see this.

bump for my biatches.

bumpzilla.

i like cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick