PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A very interesting take on spygate by John Czarnecki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey - stop knocking on Mr. King!! I think he is doing us a huge favor by bringing up the spygate scandal every other week that gets the Pats fired up against every opponent.

Keep it going Mr. King!!

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great if Kraft sent Peter King a Super Bowl ring in gratitude after the season? :D

That moron Peter King and Easterbrook need to realize THIS is why the story died so fast, once the NFL realized how prevalent this was and how excessive the Patriots punishment would appear the longer this dragged on.

- The Patriots lose the division playoff game to the Denver Broncos. On the flight back, Mangini tries recruiting players as he knows he will become the Jets HC. Word is Willie M had to tell Mangini to keep his $%$ing mouth shut.

Please elaborate. where did you hear this?

Yeah its not the Pats who are the cheaters, its everyone else! You guys RULE! :p

we are just reading what some guy is writing. You guys jump at articles which people write about how the pats cheated, well this is the other side.

Last edited:
Please elaborate. where did you hear this?

I heard the exact same thing, along with Mangini recruiting coaches and stealing NE's background on Jet players, particularly Pennington.

It wasn't BB just being a jerk that caused them to have Mangini removed from the stadium by security,

Goodell made a snap decision based on either his lack of knowledge or the advice of someone with an agenda.

The decision was wrong and the punishment was overkill. Heavy handed, bad leadership.

The language to look at here is "Belichick will tell you," which is different from "Belichick told me," or "said directly." Makes me wonder about the guy's sources, and - if true - why more hasn't been said about this instead of hin

Very good. "Word is" isn't a source either, unless you're Vanilla Ice.

Unfortunately, unles Czar provides more information and/or states his information comes from someone who knows for sure within the league or Patriots; I can't hold anymore weight to his comments than I do the rumors that the Pats taped the Rams' walkthroughs or miked the d-linemen.

That said, I wouldn't be surprise that with Belichick being so metriculous at compiling information on everything that one of those things wasn't intel on other teams cheating.

Personally, I would rather have this go away all together. At this point, no one is going to be punished anymore based on information the league already has. The evidence has been destroyed so if there was evidence of other teams cheating it is gone too. What is there to gain by keeping this going?

Yeah its not the Pats who are the cheaters, its everyone else! You guys RULE! :p
This comes from a fan of the ****ies that have to play their home games in a dome so that they can control elevated crowd noise and elevated temperature. F off Colts18287.

The decision was wrong and the punishment was overkill. Heavy handed, bad leadership.

I actually think the cries of "cheaters!" are due as much to the punishment as the crime. If the league had simply cited the Patriots for improper camera positioning and imposed a fine, it wouldn't have been such a mega-scandal.

Thanks for realizing that. Although, as Jimmy Johnson said, Howard Mudd is the biggest cheater of all time. The best in the business. That would mean with Mudd and Polian cmbined, the Colts cheat a lot more than any other NFL teams.

I actually think the cries of "cheaters!" are due as much to the punishment as the crime. If the league had simply cited the Patriots for improper camera positioning and imposed a fine, it wouldn't have been such a mega-scandal.

You are so right. Goodell should have slapped the Pats on the wrist with a fine, fined the Jets for leaking league office information to the press, and issued another of his worthless memos. He's in over his head, and reacted to the PR storm stirred up by the Jets. The media storm was exploited by BB's enemies on the competition commitee, and pressed by the Players Association, who wanted a white collar example made to appease their blue collar rank and file after so many player suspensions. This was Goodell's chance to show some guts, think on his feet, and exhibit foresight and wisdom. He failed miserably. I'm sure he has come to realize what a fool he was for falling for this nonsense. Kraft did the commish a favor by accepting his punishment quietly, and in effect covering up for Goodell's idiocy. This was a fiasco created by Goodell's mismanagement.

this is b.s. and needs media attention.

i'll bump this thread until it's deleted.

this b.s. is just not fair.

how much more do we have to see before you all can admit that the league clearly has a bias against the pats?

This is why the story is dying, despite the efforts of some in the national media to keep it alive. No one in the NFL family, save the pathetic Jests and their ever shrinking Head Coach, wants it to continue.

The bottom line is that Goodell used BB's Meadowlands Miscue to make an example of the premier franchise in the league and send a message to every team in the league to stop the nonsense with signal stealing, microphones, pumped-in sound and all the other tricks that had become commonplace in the NFL.

The message has been sent. The Patriots have been given a clean slate. The story is over, dead, done, finished, kaput...

This is why the story is dying, despite the efforts of some in the national media to keep it alive. No one in the NFL family, save the pathetic Jests and their ever shrinking Head Coach, wants it to continue.

The bottom line is that Goodell used BB's Meadowlands Miscue to make an example of the premier franchise in the league and send a message to every team in the league to stop the nonsense with signal stealing, microphones, pumped-in sound and all the other tricks that had become commonplace in the NFL.

The message has been sent. The Patriots have been given a clean slate. The story is over, dead, done, finished, kaput...

no that's bull****.

it's not finished.

the league has clearly shown and anti-pats bias and that's ******* bull****

why would you want to drop this?

if this comes out, the league may be compromised....something NONE of us want to see

Actually, I'd have to think that the Jets want this to go away moreso than anyone else. December will be a circus. Now, I love that sort of thing, of course, but I'm thinking the organization would think otherwise.

I've heard about this before. I don't think it makes them completely faultless but I knew there had to be a reason Mangina was the only coach not to comment on the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back