PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A tough loss sometimes can be a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
A look back at Patriots history says they can turn this around. The key is Brady getting together with his receivers. The defense looked ok.

I dont agree with that saying. Losing is not good. ever. Anyone who says so is using an excuse.

Losing happens, that's why people tend to accept it as truth and then assume their team can build from it. It's a subconscious cue that we tell ourselves to stay optimistic and look forward to next week.

Hopefully we can build from this one, but a loss can NEVER be a good thing.

Losses are never a good thing. However, listening to the post mortem it's pretty clear the media is ready to anoint Sanchez and the Jets as the prohibitive favorites to win the East. Outside the division the Ravens are being called "scary" and super bowl favorites in the AFC. The Pats are yesterdays news in the echo chamber which is fine by me.

Now they can quietly go about the business of getting better and healthier under the radar while someone else gets the spotlight treatment. Maybe they'll get where they need to be by the end. Maybe they won't. Either way it's going to be an interesting ride.

A look back at Patriots history says they can turn this around. The key is Brady getting together with his receivers. The defense looked ok.

I don't buy it, not for one second. I'd rather eke out a win on a last-minute TD (& 2-point conversion) than suffer a tough loss.

Besides, past performance does not guarantee future success.

I never bought into that, to me a loss is never good. Sometimes it's not terrible, but definitely not good. The only good thing is that we live to see another day and have a chance to bounce back next Sunday.

Last edited:
Well the Patriot lost so you have to hope for the best.I was not saying it was good they lost. I just hope they make the changes needed to have a great season.

Now the pressure of going 16-0 is off!

;)

:eek:

Who knows. But 1 is definitely not the number.

1 is the loneliest number.

Okay all joking aside I feel this might be the game that kicks things into motion to turn the team around. A big loss like this to a division rival that bragged about beating the Pats the week prior to the game.... yep, its gonna grind some gears.

I pity the Dirty Falcons. They are going to get slaughtered upon entering Hurricane Patriots that's for sure.

I pity the Dirty Falcons. They are going to get slaughtered upon entering Hurricane Patriots that's for sure.

That's what a lot of people (including me) thought after our poor opening effort against Buffalo. It may take more than one loss for this team to hit its stride.

I'll settle for a win against a pretty good Atlanta team and seeing some of the problem areas improve.

Ok, ok, enough with the worrying. Remember when you were young and you got your mouth washed out with soap for saying a bad word? Well the patriots are tasting that nasty taste of defeat because of Sunday. They didn't have to taste that last week when they played like sh*t and barely won.

They shouldn't be 0-2, they just needed to lose one of these early games to get the awful taste of defeat. If they lost to the Bills in week 1 they wouldn't have lost to the Jets in week 2. Remember this is a VERY different team and a very green Tom Brady. This team didn't know what it was like to lose... until now. Until you lose you don't know what it means to win. The last time Brady went a year without playing football was probably elementary school. Give him a little time to rebound. Once he starts stepping into his throws and having confidence on that front leg the whole league will be in trouble.

I'd start worrying if they lose 2 in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST