PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A star was born tonight in Matt Cassel

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's 5-4 as a starter

game one was started by brady
And it was 0-0 when Brady got hurt in the second series. Technically you're correct; realistically you're a troll.

And it was 0-0 when Brady got hurt in the second series. Technically you're correct; realistically you're a troll.
hey i speak in facts , like it or not

he's 5-4 as a starter and he threw a ton of incompletions tonight

but he didn't lose the game, 3rd down defense did.

Sun 11/23 at Miami 1:00 pm L
Sun 11/30 Pittsburgh 4:15 pm L
Sun 12/7 at Seattle 8:15 pm W
Sun 12/14 at Oakland 4:15 pm W
Sun 12/21 Arizona 1:00 pm W
Sun 12/28 at Buffalo 1:00 pm W

my prediction is cassell finishes 9-6
but could easily go 10-5

im new here, but i have a ? does anyone think its kinda sh!tty were watchin cassel audition for another team. i hope the pats resign him. man did he have a game. some missed throws, but overall a helluva game. so did the team for the most part. our D and coaches (dom capers) needs to sure up the secondary.

I cant believe I am saying this. Brady is my favorite all time player. However, he has a 14 million cap hit next year. You do not know when or how he will play. If you sign Cassel for less for 3 or 4 years and trade Brady you save cap space , plus get alot back for Brady. Cassel if an free agent. He leaves the Pats get nothing.

God, just stop. Brady is a HOF once in a lifetime franchise QB. He's not going anywhere. His salary plus roster bonuses for the next 2 seasons are $8.5M and $6.5M. It would cost that much and probably more guaranteed to keep Cassel. And you'd have to add that to Brady's dead cap of $9M. Not to mention possibly face him somewhere down the road...

He can do things Cassel can't and may never be able to do. Matt is a good QB who can be very good in the right situation. Brady is a first ballot HOF'er in his prime.

If Matt is good enough they will tag and trade him. That is the best case scenario.

Sun 11/23 at Miami 1:00 pm L
Sun 11/30 Pittsburgh 4:15 pm L
Sun 12/7 at Seattle 8:15 pm W
Sun 12/14 at Oakland 4:15 pm W
Sun 12/21 Arizona 1:00 pm W
Sun 12/28 at Buffalo 1:00 pm W

my prediction is cassell finishes 9-6
but could easily go 10-5

Watch many Steelers games lately?

Yes, Cassel balled tonight. Definitely was the star of the night.

However, this star will be dimmed next week by going back to conservative playcalling. Guarantee.

God, just stop. Brady is a HOF once in a lifetime franchise QB. He's not going anywhere. His salary plus roster bonuses for the next 2 seasons are $8.5M and $6.5M. It would cost that much and probably more guaranteed to keep Cassel. And you'd have to add that to Brady's dead cap of $9M. Not to mention possibly face him somewhere down the road...

He can do things Cassel can't and may never be able to do. Matt is a good QB who can be very good in the right situation. Brady is a first ballot HOF'er in his prime.

If Matt is good enough they will tag and trade him. That is the best case scenario.

Bradys cap hit is 14.5 million next year.This is different from what he makes.I am saying IF Brady has further set backs. Believe me you will hear more of this.

hey i speak in facts , like it or not

he's 5-4 as a starter and he threw a ton of incompletions tonight
59% completions, 7.84 YPA, 3 TD, 0 INT. Not much there to not like.

Cassel is doing a incredible job as a starting QB who pretty much had no prior experience as a QB in the NFL before this season lol,we as patriot fans need to realize that the defense is old period.
The defense is old? Holy geriatrics bat person! The problems with the D last night was their youth and inexperience. Meriweather, Woods, Mayo (yes Mayo), Guyton - those kids made some great plays, and they made the kind of mistakes young players make. The injuries to Rodney and Adalius hurt more for the loss of experience then for any athleticism and play making know how lost. The Jesters needed a lot of help to win that coin toss and most of it came from a mix of mental bungles by veterans and inexperience by youngsters. If the vets can get their heads right, the kids are getting better every game and will take this team deep into the playoffs.

Bradys cap hit is 14.5 million next year.This is different from what he makes.I am saying IF Brady has further set backs. Believe me you will hear more of this.
If Brady were cut or traded he would cost over $10M to not be on the team. We would save only $4M. The only chance of this is if the knee is so bad that he's done and that's next to nil.

Watch many Steelers games lately?
that's why i said cassell could go 10-5 ...i'm giving him a chance vs pitt, in foxboro

i don't think NE has a chance in hell at miami

that isn't good, the bolded, the rest is cool

his deep ball really sucks though, it just does

We know Brady is the best qb of all time and he should have 5 rings to this date, thanks to our defense. The worry like I stated before is how effective will Brady be planting his foot and getting the same zip and range on his passes. Our heart says Brady will return to 2007 form in 2009, but c'mon let's be fair to Brady. He's coming off a career threatening injury and will be 32 years old I believe IF he comes back to start the 09 season. In addition, the defense will be undergoing a 765 degree reconstruction in the offseason. Yeah Tom is our qb, but saying Cassel should be gone is a bit more trickier to say now than a couple of months ago.

The best comp for the season is Matt Ryan who has 59.6% and 7.64 YPA with 11/5 TD/INT. That's good for a 89.9 QB rating. Before tonight Cassel was 5th in completion%.

his deep ball really sucks though, it just does

You should break down the deep throws play by play, and you'll see that it's not always his fault. It just seems popular to say that he can't throw it deep. People were saying that about Tom before 2007. Timing is everything, and the pass to Moss would have been a catch for a TD if Moss hadnt stumbled.

With that said, I'm not sure I understand why everyone is crowning Cassell the new king. He missed alot of throws tonight as well. As ive been saying since preseason, the kid will keep getting better with experience. Just don't put him on the HOF ballot yet. :rolleyes:

We know Brady is the best qb of all time and he should have 5 rings to this date, thanks to our defense. The worry like I stated before is how effective will Brady be planting his foot and getting the same zip and range on his passes. Our heart says Brady will return to 2007 form in 2009, but c'mon let's be fair to Brady. He's coming off a career threatening injury and will be 32 years old I believe IF he comes back to start the 09 season. In addition, the defense will be undergoing a 765 degree reconstruction in the offseason. Yeah Tom is our qb, but saying Cassel should be gone is a bit more trickier to say now than a couple of months ago.
I'm not worried about Brady's rehab or return. McNabb and Culpepper were running QBs who scrambled out of the pocket and made plays with their legs. A better comparison is Carson Palmer, a pocket passer who came back after a playoff injury and threw just fine...his bad luck was being on a team of losers.

Tommy is going to have his two favorite WRs, a deep RB pool, and if Mankins and Koppen can get themselves out of the doghouse, a decent O-line. On the D side, the ILBs are looking promising for next season, Woods has one more year here to spell Vrabes, Adalius isn't washed up yet, and the young secondary is getting more experience. Gostkowski is money. Hanson has settled down and some of his earlier kicks into the end zone are now making me wonder if he was overkicking or playing as coached.

The batons are being passed and the next generation looks competitive. Brady will be fine - worry about the rookie mistakes and the brian flatulence of this season.

The best comp for the season is Matt Ryan who has 59.6% and 7.64 YPA with 11/5 TD/INT. That's good for a 89.9 QB rating. Before tonight Cassel was 5th in completion%.
and all of ryan's sub 60% passing games = losses

Matt Ryan: Game Logs

and ryan doesn't lead the nfl in comp % lol

cassell's % tonight would be good for 24th best in the entire nfl

cassell's % has been better than tonight, thus he's ranked 8th in the entire nfl at 65.8%

I don't think Cassel is a star, but he's a guy who's making himself a lot of money if he can keep this up and avoid injury. He's better, at least in the Patriots system, than enough starters in the league that his services should be in demand at the end of the season.

It's too bad that the team has been so devastated by injury that the guy might not be able to experience the playoffs as a starter this season. I'm still happy with the position the Patriots are in, but I really didn't like that loss to the Colts. That could come back to bite this team in the ass. I hope the team overcomes it and Cassel gets to show his talent in the second season.

Last edited:
now what happens if brett retires after 08 and the jets sign cassell to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back