PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Note to Bob Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the owners in the NFL which one has done the most for their teams success over the past 20+ years?

Name me a better owner and I will take these anti-Kraft rants seriously.

The only thing Kraft could have differently in Deflategate was rattling the sabres more before conceding he was not legally allowed to take legal action and not making that pathetic statement about the “other 31”. But even doing those is just optics. There is nothing substantive he could have done.

(Also, it would have been nice for him not to do the saga-long two-faced thing of sucking up to the league and then saying some insincere “I’m with the fans!” thing every time he noticed his image with the fans was taking a hit. But again, that’s just optics and wouldn’t have changed a thing if done differently).

No but you can replace Kraft with any other reasonable owner like Paul Allen (rip), Ford, Wilf, Biscotti, Khan or the Rooneys and you would have ZERO dip in how the team has been doing. Which again makes him just one of the other owners and not someone great.

And despite all this criticism nobody in this thread has brought up any good points since Gilette was opened why he is anything better than a custodian or any random reasonable person with money.

Hey @luuked. Please tell me more about this Khan fella!!!!! :p:p:p

"......."The decision puts a stop to the blatant overreach by the Jaguars and emphasizes the voluntary nature of almost all football activities during the off-season. It should be noted that Jaguars players continue to be at odds with Jaguars management over their rights under the CBA for more than players on other clubs," the union said.

"In the last two years, more than 25% of the grievances filed by players in the entire league have been filed against the Jaguars. You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club."

Oh Lordy!!!!!!!

"......."The decision puts a stop to the blatant overreach by the Jaguars and emphasizes the voluntary nature of almost all football activities during the off-season. It should be noted that Jaguars players continue to be at odds with Jaguars management over their rights under the CBA for more than players on other clubs," the union said.

"In the last two years, more than 25% of the grievances filed by players in the entire league have been filed against the Jaguars. You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club."

Oh Lordy!!!!!!!

"In August 2013, Wilf, along with his brother, Mark Wilf, and cousin, were found liable by a New Jersey court for breaking civil state racketeering laws and keeping separate accounting books to fleece former business partners of shared revenue".

Another piece
The Broken Moral Compass of Vikings Owners Mark and Zygi Wilf

Oh Lordy!!!!!!!

And Kraft embarrassed himself last year in Florida.

At least their **** didn't have a net negative on the football ops like him surrendering draft picks all over the place with his inability to standup for his organization.

But hey he paid for two airplanes. That's something. Maybe if he is still alive in 10 years he gets a rocketship.

I sat in them. He lucked into BB. BB and TB are responcible for NEs success, not the spineless, duplicitous, hypocrite owner.

What happened to the Good Old Years, when we had incredible Owners like Victor Kiam.

And Kraft embarrassed himself last year in Florida.

At least their **** didn't have a net negative on the football ops like him surrendering draft picks all over the place with his inability to standup for his organization.

But hey he paid for two airplanes. That's something. Maybe if he is still alive in 10 years he gets a rocketship.

Are you KIDDING????????

You are actually COMPARING the NFLPA warning FA's not to go to Jacksonville because 25% of player complaints have been against the management of ONE franchise that has never even been to a SB with the rub and tug??????

Wow, that's a perspective that's fascinating.

wrath-of-khan-600x338.jpg

I have no love lost for Bob Kraft, but if you hate him that much, why not go root for a team that has a "better" or "more reasonable" owner? I can tell you none of them have put out the caliber of team that Bob Kraft has for the last 20 years, and I, like a lot of other old timers on here remember the good ole days of the Sullivans and Victor Kiam. In this case the "devil" we know is way better than the devil we don't, or the ones we used to know. Trust me.

My appreciation for Bob Kraft starts with all the charity he has dedicated his life to.
$400 million +++

It then extends to his dedication of the Patriots - for better or worse for us fans.
If there was a do over - I would pray the results were the same.
In 1994, Robert Kraft owned Foxboro Stadium, then the home of the New England Patriots, and rejected a $75 million offer to buy out the lease.

If he had sold, it would have allowed the team to move to St. Louis. Instead, Kraft paid a then-NFL record $175 million to buy the team and keep it in the Boston area.

It was a gutsy move for a team playing nearly a decade's worth of bad football in an outdated stadium, dishing out the equivalent of about $300 million in today's dollars. Now the Patriots are said to be worth $3.8 billion, with a B, according to Forbes.com's latest valuations.
Robert Kraft saved the New England Patriots with a gutsy $175 million investment and it has paid off big time

Last edited:
I have no love lost for Bob Kraft, but if you hate him that much, why not go root for a team that has a "better" or "more reasonable" owner? I can tell you none of them have put out the caliber of team that Bob Kraft has for the last 20 years, and I, like a lot of other old timers on here remember the good ole days of the Sullivans and Victor Kiam. In this case the "devil" we know is way better than the devil we don't, or the ones we used to know. Trust me.
Exactly. I hardly worship the guy. He's down the list in terms of success here.

Like I said before, go ask Bulls fans if an owner can f things up. Go ask Knicks & Washington (football) fans how incompetent an owner can be.

As far as billionaires & owners go Kraft is hardly a problem, embarrassing or w/e. He's an old man who happens to be human. Obviously mistakes will happen.
I tend to think once Myra passed he started "living" life knowing he's on the back 9?

Anyway I won't make fun of him even though I think its fair game.

He kept the Pats here. And since he's bought them we've been the most successful NFL team. Along w maybe the biggest outliers in sports history when you consider how the league is set up.

Before Kraft we were a joke. Most really don't get that. Patriots were NOT cool. Nobody would even waste their breathe mentioning us.

Now we're the ONLY team anyone is compared to. I seriously hope people take this run in bc it'll never happen again. Every single fan base talks abt sustaining success. We have to multiple & versatile. Every game is different. We're The ONLY ones who truly capture those things. Everyone else is hoping, praying for just a shot at the PLAYOFFS! It's been SB or bust here for how long?

No one else is talked abt like us. The only team trolls can't stop talking abt DAILY! Even after the season is done. That absolutely never happened back in the day.

I swear most won't make it a year when we're back in normal times. This **** ain't real life. I'm still numb from beating Atl!

Anyway Kraft certainly isn't perfect but far from the guy some make him out to be here.

This is really well said. Thank you.
The problem here is that at least half of the mouth breathers on this board don't know who the Sullivans or Victor Kiam are/were?

I sat in them. He lucked into BB. BB and TB are responcible for NEs success, not the spineless, duplicitous, hypocrite owner.
TB 51% BB 49% :)

side note: I’m slightly a TB fan.

Not only that, it's really the past 26 years. The 6 years pre-Belichick were (to that point), the best 6 years in Patriots history.

THAT is amazing.

The only thing Kraft could have differently in Deflategate was rattling the sabres more before conceding he was not legally allowed to take legal action and not making that pathetic statement about the “other 31”. But even doing those is just optics. There is nothing substantive he could have done.

That is not quite correct. Kraft's hands were tied when it came to threats like suing the league where the partnership agreements essentially meant a guaranteed loss, but he had a nuclear option and he sat on it. That option was not to sue the league, but to go to court to challenge the constitutionality of the SBA (otherwise none at the league's anti trust exemption). Every time it has come under genuine serious threat the NFL has caved hard and fast.

The Patriots are one of the very few NFL teams that would win if the SBA went away while most other teams take an ass kicking. Honestly, if Goodell over reaches with the Cincinnati penalties and tries to take a 1st I'd love to see nothing more than for Kraft to sue over the SBA and threaten to burn most of the league and NFL's head office to the ground. But in the end I truly doubt he would. His biggest fault seems to be that he is a true believer in the one for all/all 32 teams together BS he spews even when the other 31 team walk all over him time and time again.

Hopefully this wasn't too negative sounding towards Kraft. I honestly would not pick another NFL owner over him. But I do wish he'd open his eyes a little more to how this league really is.

So were the blurbs i caught of Zo ******** about the refs well founded last week?

Getting real tired of telling folks "I told you so." Goodie been trying to beat TB since PeyMeATon was drafted.

Kraft silent. Now facing felony charges cause a DA fancies themselves a politician.

Will watch today and hope TB just throws his junk down on the table. It was nice having my Sumdays free from watching refs fix games, shave points, and blatantly blow calls in favor of one team.

My prediction: Pats get jobbed by refs, ditto saints. Jimmy G and Ratbird SB, 9ers get the tilt to make up for the RayRay send off SB (where a balt db literally threw a ref in a scuffle with no flag), balt still wins because nobody has a defense built to shut down their offense these days. They built what BB envisioned with Gronk/Murderer.

That is not quite correct. Kraft's hands were tied when it came to threats like suing the league where the partnership agreements essentially meant a guaranteed loss, but he had a nuclear option and he sat on it. That option was not to sue the league, but to go to court to challenge the constitutionality of the SBA (otherwise none at the league's anti trust exemption). Every time it has come under genuine serious threat the NFL has caved hard and fast.

I didn't see QM saying Kraft should make empty threats to sue the league.
Kraft needed to stand up for his QB. Openly and often. After a brief statement of support for Tom, Bob then turtled and went into "good of the 31" obsequious mode. He needed to use every news opportunity to repeat that Tom had integrity and that middle school science teaches that footballs deflate with cold temperatures. He was notably quiescent after the first week when he did speak out.
As a result, the 31 + Goodell see him as a "Please sir, may I have another?" owner.

And yes, I don't know of a better owner. It's beside the point. We talking Bobby K here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference