PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A look at defensive penalties stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Colts are the least penalized team in the NFL when it comes to giving another team a first down via penalty. The Colts have only been called for 9 first down penalties all season. A remarkably disciplined team.

Pats aren't too bad with 11 first down penalties--I think there was one we would like to have back though.

Speaking of Houston, the last two games against Indy, they have had 23 penalties for 232 yards.... Talk about a team melting under pressure.

2009 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Speaking of Houston, those PI calls against were crap, but then again this is the colts.

Is it just by coincidence that teams that play in Indy get penalized WAY more than the Colts and it happens to teams that are otherwise low-penalized teams.

Bogus pass interference calls drive me nuts because of them being a spot foul and it seems the Colts always get them. It must be Polian chirping in somebodies ear.

The Colts are the least penalized team in the NFL when it comes to giving another team a first down via penalty. The Colts have only been called for 9 first down penalties all season. A remarkably disciplined team.

Pats aren't too bad with 11 first down penalties--I think there was one we would like to have back though.

Speaking of Houston, the last two games against Indy, they have had 23 penalties for 232 yards.... Talk about a team melting under pressure.

2009 NFL Team Downs Stats - National Football League - ESPN

I think all 11 came against the Colts via PI calls.:cool:

I nearly threw the tv remote against the wall last night when that PI call was made against Houston,,started shouting and my wife coudnt understand why i was making such an uproar since the Patriots wernt playing !! I watch a lot and i mean a lot of games because i enjoy the NFL, but why is it only the Colts get these calls ???
The second PI call in the Endzone was a clear one but the first one to move the Colts 45 yards was outrageaus even the commentaters i dont who were so puzzled !! well that was the turning point for me in the game, with Houston leading 20-7 in the 3rd quarter. That really gave the Colts more confidence after they scored that TD.
Look i think the Colts are a very good team and its not me hating them for the rivalry but these calls are making me think now maybe ,,just maybe there is something there just not right. I will never forget that bogus call against Troy in that AFC Game which also swung the game for the Colts. Peace. Abdul

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye